In case you forgot, I said:
When Clayton Kershaw gets beat, he gets mad and gets even.
The pounding that he took yesterday is simply going to Unleash the Kracken!
Watch out, he’ll be back with a vengeance. Sometimes it’s good to feel a good beating, so that you don’t want to experience it anymore. When some people get beat, they get beat down mentally. That’s not Clayton Kershaw. His ERA is now 4.99. He’ll be better for this. Watch and see! Unleash the Kracken!
Some wondered how that could be. Look, I don’t know everything, but I’m a pretty good judge of character, and I have watched Clayton Kershaw for a long time. I have spoken with Clayton Kershaw. I have seen him in the dugout, the clubhouse and after games. I watched Clayton as he chatted with 10 year-old son. I saw the look in his eyes. Everyone sees Clayton’s talent, but I have seen his character. When I am in the dugout or in the clubhouse, I am not seeking an interview – I am watching what is going on. I am a “fly-on-the-wall.” I know Clayton has a million dollar arm, but he has a billion dollar heart! He’s our Ace. Maybe this year, maybe next year. But he’s our ace. Watch and Learn.
Rants & Raves:
- Some of you say that the Dodgers should have gotten an ace in the off-season. Tell me who that should have been and leave out Doc Halliday because he wasn’t coming to the left coast! If you come up with a name, then tell me what the Dodgers would have had to pay to get that guy…. Don’t say Lackey, he’s not an ace and he has a 4.60 ERA AFTER giving up one run today.
- Speaking of getting ACES, there may be one or two available at the trade deadline. If a Cliff Lee or the like is available, would you be willing to give up Broxton, Loney, Withrow and a couple more prospects? That’s what it would take. I would “sell high” with Broxton. He’s good, but he’s not THAT good. He’ll be expensive to re-sign, and the Dodgers have in-house options as closers, including Belisario, McDonald, and Lindblom. You have to give up a lot to get a lot. Loney? I love him, but I am not sure we should keep him.
- You are right: the Dodgers will have to make some hard decisions in the next couple of years. Who do you keep? The Dodgers have 3 players they have to keep: Ethier, Kemp, Loney. That’s it! I love Martin and Loney, but they are not worth big contracts…at least, in my opinion.
- To all you Jamey Carroll Bashers: He has done a very credible job as a SS in Raffy’s absence. He’s at his career average and, while not having the widest of ranges, he has covered it well. What more do you want from a sub?
- It was Logan White who said that Withrow had better stuff than Kershaw, but as BD pointed out, he’s not a better pitcher, and I’ll say that I don’t see the depth of character that I see in Kershaw.
- Will the real Russ Martin please step up?
- Chad Billingsley is doing nicely…
- When the Dodgers make the playoffs this year, and do it for the first time ever 3 years in a row and win 90-95 games, how are you going to keep saying “Well, we knew this team wasn’t that good.” Yeah, right!
- Conversation between Ned Colletti and Charlie Haeger:
Ned: “Charlie, we are going to have to DFA you…. unless you have something wrong with you…”
Charlie: “Well, my foot hurts.”
Charlie: “Right here on the side… I mean bottom.”
Ned: “OK, we will put you on the DL and see what happens.”
Charlie: “Boy, it really hurts now.”
Ned: ”Thanks, Charlie. You are a good solider!”