That’s More Like It

That’s More Like It

I have a busy day today, but here are a few observations:

• That’s the Padilla the Dodgers need.  If he can pitch like that, they will be just fine.
  • The Dodgers offense is among the most potent in baseball, with Ethier, Kemp, Loney and Martin coming into their own, Blake improving at 36, Manny being Manny and Raffy healthy.  They were good last year.  They will be MUCH better this year.
  • Ortiz is toast.
  • Ortiz is toast.
  • I love Kemp at #2.  Good things happening early sets the tone!
  • Prediction:  The Dodgers will have 4 players in the TOP 10 for MVP.  Book it!

10 Responses to “That’s More Like It”

1. Knickerbocker Dave says:

Get off Ortiz’ back. You’ll regret your harsh opinions when he’s shaved his lamb chop sideburns and dons his Dodger uni. Isnt the nat west where Al east players go to retire?

Here we go again.

Matt Kemp on pace for 81 home runs and 240 RBI’s. I think that would win him an MVP award. I predict he will hit only 70 home runs and only knock in 190.

Ethier hitting .387 on pace for 192 RBI’s. That will get him second place in the MVP. I predict he will fall off that pace just a bit.

Blake hitting .364. That too could get him some MVP votes. I predict he will not hit .360 this year.

Ramirez hitting .355 on pace for 130 RBI’s. That would put him third in the MVP voting. I predict he will fall off that pace.

Rafael Furcal hitting .340 on pace to score 162 runs. I don’t think he will score that many this year.

Russell Martin hitting .308 with a .486 OBP. That will win him a Silver Slugger Award.

Let’s face it, these numbers should have the Dodgers at 9-1 after 10 games and instead we are at .500 and it’s because of the problem that many of us have been trying to point out for weeks now – we have pitching issues.

This offense will settle down soon. These guys are good, but not this good. I sure hope our starters see what it is they must do to keep us in this thing and get it going soon. And Nedjoe had better get the pen problem figured out as well.

3. Richard Lotz says:

If you noticed last night, Padilla really wasn’t that accurate with his pitch location but he was effective because his fastball was moving all over the place. His stuff was the shit last night. Padilla is an inconsistent starter because sometimes his stuff is electric some nights it ain’t. Just look at the ball he hit Rowand in the melon with, crazy moving fastball that he tried to throw in, but it just exploded when it got near the plate.

Other than that, we have got to get some real pitching coming out of our pen. This team is doomed otherwise.

Just curious, there seems to be about 5 to 7 guys that actually are involved in here, just curious where are you fanatics from anyway. All LA guys or past LA guys?

Dick

4. Mark Timmons says:

Richard,

Lots of people read – about 1,000 a day. Few post. It’s just the way it is.

Dave,

Take your rotting Yankee and Cincy Red carcas back to Ohio! Cross that State Line again and I’ll shoot you!

;)

I was at the game last night (amazing seats). Ethier looks locked in as does Kemp.

Ortiz’s look like they are just keeping the roster spots warm for the drunk Venezuelan and the man with the glass arm. I have to admit after Troncoso gave up the HR in the 9th I got nervous. We can’t just out slug every team.

Funny story: I took a picture of Kemp as he was waiting for a pitch and he hit a HR. So I said to the folks around me “it must be the camera!” I took a picture of Ethier waiting for a pitch and he hit a HR! Now everyone around me is saying keep taking pictures!! I take a picture of Manny and he rolls overand you could tell he was favoring his leg. Everyone blamed me and my camera! Oh well.

Padilla looked great. His ephus (sooap bubble curve ball) is really something to see in person. Especially when he can throw it for a strike. Also when he hit Rowand in the head I thought Aarons head was gonna fall off. Ouch!

6. A Shot of Haeger says:

Here’s the thing…. over the past five years the Dodgers have had good success with finding retreads and unknowns to come in here and man middle relief with the occasional 5th start. Sele, Park, Weaver, Bellisario, etc. The luck was bound to run out.

The Ortiz twins were worth a look considering all the success we’ve had in the past, but now it’s time to move on. If Bellisario and Kuo aren’t quite ready yet, and they really want to keep Lindblom and Elbert as starters….bring up Jon Link for a couple days until they’re ready.

Weaver needs the weekend off. Hopefully we can get another gem from Haeger. I wouldn’t mind giving Broxton another day off as well.

7. JDavis says:

Let’s see what they can do today against a real pitcher on nationally televised game

Haeger vs. Lincecum.

Who you got?

9. JDavis says:

I love watching both pitchers
    heager FTW

Lincecum is due for an off day.

Is that today?

I guess we’ll see.

Game of the Week. On t.v. today, so, grab some chips and cold one. I am on my way to my recliner right now. My day is planned.