- Charlie Haeger has a 6.46 ERA – It is what it is, and thus far, he is not the Dodger’s Savior. It was Joe Torre who said “you don’t catch a knuckleball, you defend against it.“
- The Dodgers have 18 errors. The manager and coaches have to take a large portion of the blame for this.
- Sit tight. It’s not as bad as you think. You should see what you were posting the last two years…
- I could see Matt Kemp as a RF in the near future with Ethier moving to LF. Ethier has a good arm, but is a below average RF. He would be better in LF. Who plays CF? Not Paul. Robinson is a CF, but probably won’t be ready next year. The Dodgers could sign one… or convert Gordon to CF (I think outside of the box). Put Gordon in CF and you could have the RF and LF sit down – he’d cover it all.
- As good as Manny was hitting, I think the Dodgers will be fine with him sitting down for 15 days. Growth is painful, but necessary.
- The National Announcers said that “Ronnie Belliard was singing to his fat in the locker room before the game.” Well, that explains a lot!
- It’s about time Clayton Kershaw stepped up and pitched 8 or 9 innings. Tomorrow is his hour.
- On April 20, 2008, I wrote:
Chad Billingsley will never be a TOP Starter – he throws too many pitches and has never pitched deep into games. I see the stats. You are going to try and say “well, look what he does when….” I am basing this on what I see – now and in the past 2 seasons. Chad Billingsley can run it up to 98, 99 MPH when he has to pitch in short bursts. He was 95 consistently yesterday. He’s a PERFECT CLOSER! Trade Saito and move C-Bill to the pen.
How different would things be if that had happened?