Saturday was a bad day to be a Dodger fan!
First the good news:
- Andrew Lambo went 2-5 with a triple and has raised his batting average to .306.
- Jerry Sands was 3-4 with 2 doubles and a triple and is hitting a lofty .421.
- I like the fact that Padilla hit Rowand after the Giants got close to our hitters. I don’t like to see him hurt, but Padilla will not tolerate that crap! Oh, and for the record, he says he didn’t hit him on purpose. Oh, OK! Wink! Wink!
- Carlos Monasterios looked good in two innings of pitching. His velocity was better – he topped out at 93 MPH on his fastball and while he didn’t strike out anyone, he didn’t walk anyone either. His separation was excellent. He gets to stay another week (or two).
- AJ Ellis had 2 hits. Very nice!
That’s it’s that’s all the good news.
Now, the bad news:
- All the Dodger teams got hammered! 0-5! That’s as bad as it gets.
- The Dodger offense was horrid. The Dodger Defense was horrid. The Dodger pitching was horrid. Other than that – the Dodgers played very well!
- 9-0 on 8 hits! You should accidentally get a few runs on 8 hits.
- Do we have to watch Jamie Carroll play SS every two weeks? Couldn’t we just have Chinese Bamboo Torture instead?
- After one start Charlie Haeger’s ERA was 4.50, but since he struck out 12, people were ga-ga. Now, his ERA is 7.20 after his shelling yesteday and you know his leash is short because he’s a quote from Joe Torre: “You don’t catch a knuckleball, you defend against it.” Charlie won’t get a lot of rope, because Joe knows that even though you strike out 12, you can easily allow 4-5 runs and beat up the catcher in the process. I am not for or against Charlie (although I did believe that he could pitch 200 innings and give us a 4.00 ERA), but he has to get his act together. His 7.20 ERA is what it is and while he’s struck out 16 in 10 innings, but has allowed 11 hits and 10 walks. That’s acceptable, like NOWHERE! People get excited and think he can pitch between starts out of the pen. He can try that once he shows he can pitch every 5th day. Until then, KEEP HIM OUT OF THE PEN, JOE!
- Horrible ERA’s: Haeger – 7.20, Ramon Ortiz – 7.71, Padilla – 8.04, Russ Ortiz – 10.29, George Sherrill 12.46. Now, Sherrill and Padilla aren’t going ANYPLACE because they each make over $4 mil a year, but Haeger and the Ortiz’s are all in danger of being demoted. We have Justin Miller, Hong-chih Kuo and Ronald Beliasrio at the ready. I would guess that the Ortiz’s are toast and that Haeger will get another start – It had better be a good one or he’s on the train to AAA!
- When the Dodgers play this way, you can always rest assured that those purveyors of muck – TJ Slimers and Bill Plaschke will magically appear, like a sick Genie to Damn the Dodgers to Hell and Back!
- Let’s take two out of three from the Giants – Clayton is due for a good outing.
I’ve got something for you Badger, Scoop, Rory – whoever you are today….