Categorized | GameTime

4. Ramirez, M, LF
  5. Kemp, CF
  6. Blake, 3B
  7. DeWitt, 2B
  8. Martin, C
  9. Kuroda, P
Andre Ethier is still out of the lineup with a sore ankle.
Let the chatter begin…

19 Responses to “GameTime – Kuroda vs. Volstad”

1. Mark Timmons says:

If I were the manager, I would be in these guys faces. Runner on 2B – No outs. He has to score!

This is horseBleep!

I would talk crazy to ‘em!

Unacceptable!

Unacceptable!

Unacceptable!

Unacceptable!

Unacceptable!

Unacceptable!

Unacceptable!

Unacceptable!

Unacceptable!

2. Mark Timmons says:

You just saw the best argument in the world why Matt Kemp should be hitting 2nd!

3. Scoop says:

I didn’t see anything. Whahapin?

And when will you accept the glaring fact we do not have a 2 hole hitter on this team. He walked and we did not replace him. Joe is looking for the right guy and, maybe he will find him and maybe he won’t, but we may see everybody on the team hit in that spot before he settles for the #5 hitter there.

4. Jared Massey says:

I think Martin is a perfect fit for the 2 hole.

5. Mark Timmons says:

We had a number two hitter who lost his spot in the lineup before he walked.

Martin is my second choice, but Matt Kemp shortens his swing with a RISP. If I have one player come up with RISP, I’d pick Matt Kemp and I think it’s really important to score first!

6. Mark Timmons says:

Did I mention that speed kills?

7. Scoop says:

Martin is probably the best choice we have, but as a RH hitting catcher, he isn’t ideal.

8. Scoop says:

Kuroda.

9. A Shot of Haeger says:

Here’s something interesting. Since Garret Jones three run homer in the first inning of game two. The Dodgers pitching staff has given up three runs, two earned in 25 and maybe 26 innings depending on how this 9th inning goes. I’m not saying our pitching is going to be like this all season… I’m just saying..it won’t be as bad as everyone is predicting

7 innings = ACE Go Kuroda

Heimlich performed after sixth inning by ????

Broxton goes 99. Sweet!

11. lawdog says:

Kuroda pitched very well today. In fact, he has restored my faith in our Dogs. We got pretty good results in the lineup as well considering Ethier is out with an “ouchy”.

I would like to see Brake De Witt get a chance at the #2 hole! :eek:

12. lawdog says:

If Bills had Kuroda’s velocity on his fastball. we’d be half way to the world series. But he doesn’t. :shock:

13. A Shot of Haeger says:

I’m gonna stop posting prediction stuff… here’s the good thing. Russ Ortiz and Ramon Ortiz are making great cases to be dropped when Bellisario and Kuo are ready to come back

14. lawdog says:

Jeez Louisse! What was all the talk about Broxten hitting 92 on the gun with his fastball this spring???

Tonight it was 95-98 mph and he threw a great slider which broke off the plate low and outside at 88 mph. If he keeps this up, he’s the second coming of “Game over” Gagne.

15. steevo17 says:

Davey Lopes was a good glove, true he won a Gold Glove…but in a year when he committed 20 errors. Yet his main importance to us, without any doubt, was as the offensive sparkplug to our great 70s teams.

Steve Sax…well no need to comment on his defense, but he was a huge offensive cog for us while a Dodger. We also did pretty good with a lead glove 2B, who could hit, in Jeff Kent, for a few years.

I would like to see DeWitt get a shot at batting 2nd. He should play everyday and bat #2 everyday…at least until we get a look at what he’s capable of, he’s batting .333 with a OBP of .500 and his bat control is impressing me.

My feeling is his defense will improve, but he has to actually play for this to happen. Even if his defense doesn’t his offense is more important right now. He looks like he’s still finding himself at his new position, understandable, but he is our best fit offensively and I thought he should have been our #2 hitter coming out of spring training.

Furcal is starting to heat up (.375 BA with a .500 OBP!!!)and he needs somebody hitting behind him that can move him around. Kemp should be batting in a position to drive in runs, not move runners.

My current starting lineup:
    1. Furcal SS (HOT! HOT! HOT!)
    2. DeWitt 2B (equally hot as Furcal)
    3. Kemp CF (should play all 162 as the #3! Never sit him down Joe)
    4. Ethier RF (move to #5 against LH…or just sit him down)
    5. Manny LF (he is our 3rd best run producer behind Kemp & Ethier)
    6. Loney 1B (hitting is coming around…drove in 2 more runs today)
    7. Blake 3B (just plain steady…had an RBI today)
    8. Martin C (bat him 2nd against tough lefties once in a while)

This should be an everyday lineup. No deviation, except when Manny or Blake need a day off. Martin should be left at the 8 slot to allow him to concentrate on the pitching staff and save wear and tear, less PAs mean less wear and tear.

Whatever the decision, I just hope Joe settles on a consistent lineup soon and, more importantly, sticks with it.

DODGERS IN 2010!!!

16. Scoop says:

I like that lineup, for all the reasons you stated. Manny won’t like it, but, tough.

Make it so.

That’s a good lineup. I like Kemp hitting #2, but I also like him hitting #3. If DeWitt can handle hitting in the second spot, it works.