Categorized | GameTime

LF Manny C Doumit
1B Loney LF Milledge
3B Blake 1B Clement
2B DeWitt 3B LaRoche
C Martin P Ohlendorf
P Kershaw SS CedeƱo

21 Responses to “GameTime – Kershaw vs. Ohlendorf”

1. A Shot of Haeger says:

ugh

2. Scoop says:

Well, Kershaw is picking up right where Padilla left off. 27.00 ERA after one inning, 27 pitches to get 4 outs.

I need an antacid.

3. Trabo says:

Been a long time since I’ve been around these parts. Yikes, what a first inning. If the Dodgers kill my parlay two games in a row I’m going to break something!

Let’s go bats!!

4. Mark Timmons says:

Who is this Jones guy?

He’s about 50 years old…

Jones was a stud last year.

This is hard to watch. Clayton looks terrible, Eric Collins is an idiot, and Blake DeWitt looks like he has hands of steel. I like Blake DeWitt a lot but the guy can not make a backhanded play. Watching the spring training games and and again today it is brutal.

Thank God there was an off day yesterday because it looks like we will need to empty the pen tonight again. God help us tomorrow night!!!

Did Clayton remind you of Randy Wolf last year? Gives up runs early, then hold them for innings and innings.

Ortiz, I do not know what to expect. In fact I do not really know the difference between Ortiz and Ortiz. In fact, I have not followed either one, at all in the past.

So, here is my research:

Russ Ortiz is 35 years old. Born: Encino, CA. College: Oklahoma (I have a degree from there).
    12 years in the majors, with a record of 113-88 at 4.48 ERA. Teams: Giants, Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Houston.

Ramon Ortiz is 36 years old. From the Dominican Republic (I have visited there on a cruise ship and saw Tommy Lasorda manage in winter ball; 1979).
    9 years in the majors, with a record of 84-80 at 4.90 ERA. Teams: Angels, Reds, Washington, Twins, Rockies.

Oh, Ramon is 45 pounds lighter.

Out of all this roster stuff, I did not realize that the Dodgers presently only have two left-handers on the staff, starter Kershaw and reliever Sherrill.

I do not like that. Ned needs to bring in a left hander.

I also just noticed, all pitchers are 6 feet tall or taller. Yet, both catchers are under 6 feet tall.

Furcal is listed at 5’8″ and that might be stretching it a bit.

See what one can learn just looking at a roster for awhile.

8. Mark Timmons says:

Elbert would be the logical choice for a lefty, but hopefully Kuo will be back soon…

Unless his arm falls off!

9. Scoop says:

Starting pitching so far has been nails. As in hammered.

Kershaw with a 5.79 ERA and 2.36 WHIP. Add that to Padilla’s numbers and so far, so bad. Good thing we didn’t start in St. Louis or Philadelphia – teams that can actually hit.

Back to the game. Looks like this one could be another bullpen drainer.

Romo,

It\’s tomorrow afternoon.

DeJa vu all over again – RISP 2-13

An Ace averages 7 innings per start.

Maybe the Dodgers should actually carry 13 pitchers.

12. Scoop says:

I wonder if Loney can still hit 94 on the gun. He doesn’t have an average yet, maybe they should consider using him as a lh relief pitcher?

Dodgers 5 for 34 tonight. That’s not very good is it.

13. Scoop says:

BTW, Giants with 19 hits, including 2 dingers, 3 doubles and a triple. Renteria was 5 for 5. They swept the ‘stros.

Fluke. Right?

Scoop, you are so negative. Think Blue, think Dodgers can do anything. Think the Dodger hitting, fielding, pitching is better than last year.

Oh, wait, I was looking at the Giant averages and sweep.

Holy cow, the Pirates have the bases loaded and 1 out. And they are at home. This is serious stuff now.

Should have started Haeger tonight. Joe is working the pitching staff backwards, right?

15. A Shot of Haeger says:

At least it isn’t 48 hours for the next game. Let’s go Billingsley!!!

16. Scoop says:

OK, the good news – Sherrill lowered his ERA to 16.2, Troncoso looked good, Ru Ortiz worked 2 without giving up a run…..

I got nothin’ else.

Let me get this straight, an error by the second baseman (who is really a 3rd baseman), two walks — and you are playing away.

Maybe the good out of this is that Ned will do something. No panic. But from what I have seen, DeWitt has hard hands for a 2nd baseman.

Kemp and Loney leave 9 on base between them. Manny and DeWitt leave 6 between them.

As Manny goes, so go the Dodgers. Go get ‘em tomorrow.

After the first inning and then for 8 more innings, the pitching staff was basically solid.

Would like to hear Joe’s spin on this one.

RISP 2-15. CHOKE.

19. Scoop says:

Wait, I thought of another plus – we only used half the pitching staff tonight. The other half is rested up for tomorrow’s game.

What, we don’t like DeWitt at second base? Is it possible we might just miss ODog out there? Well, Hudson may be gone, but at least we didn’t get compensated for his leaving, so, we got that going for us.

20. steevo17 says:

I…nevermind.

21. JDavis says:

Im happpy about the question marks tonight. Furcal,Martin,Dewitt, and that Giant Russ. They all palyed well tonight. As for Dewitt, that guy Mileage is very fast. And yes Dewitt neeeds to play 3b and 2nd belongs Jeff Kent ; ) who plays better D Jeff or Dewitt