Categorized | GameTime

Blind Squirrels Need Nuts

Blind Squirrels Need Nuts

Let’s hope!   Blind squirrels hopefully can find some nuts tonight.  Am I calling Vicente Padilla a Blind Squirrel?

SHOOT, NO! Just a coincidence!

The pen is thin tonight.  By actual count we have Monasterios, Russ Ortiz, Ramon Troncoso and God knows who else available after the pen pitched 260 innings the last 3 days.

Tonight’s Lineup:

1. Furcal, SS
  2. Kemp, CF
  3. Ethier, RF
  4. Ramirez, M, LF
  5. Loney, 1B
  6. Blake, 3B
  7. DeWitt, 2B
  8. Martin, C
  9. Padilla, P

Must Be A Padre Fan...

19 Responses to “Blind Squirrels Need Nuts”

1. Mark Timmons says:

That’s why I like Kemp hitting second!

These are not your father’s Dodgers!

3-0 after 3 Batters.

I like that a lot!

• steevo17 says:

Just a thought…what if DeWitt, with his 1 hit and 1 BB had batted 2nd? Or Loney who went 3-5? Then do Kemp and Ethier make it a 4-run lead? Hmmm…

I turned on my Extra Innings — and no Dodger game.

Sooooooo I clicked on the MLB.TV, having subscribed to that for $79 for the season (all games) and — there it is. Live and nice. In HD and all.

I see that McCourt is after it again — MONEY. Is that all this guy thinks about !!!

All of those signs on the outfield walls. Remember when when they used to put
    Dodger greats . . .

Well, is there a sign out there with, “Hit it here and win a suite of clothes at Al’s Tux Place.” ??

Now this is the club we were looking for. Hitting, pitching, fielding.

This is the way Joe wants them to play.

I have it on ATDHE.net. Not a good picture, but it’s Vinny and it’s the Dodgers so I’ll take it.

Wellemeyer blows chunks. Vinny just said he had the highest BAA in the Majors last year. Good way to start the series.

Now a key question.

Padilla is pitching and through 4 innings has thrown 52 pitches. And given up zero (0) hits.

Now, do you think he will:

a. complete the game?

b. get through the 5th inning?

c. lose the game?

d. be given a raise?

Padilla doesn’t look right this inning. He was rubbing his elbow between innings with a pained look on his face, and has now given up 3 hits and 2 runs.

Is Kuroda’s first game the only solid Dodger pitching from a starter this year?

Padilla must be ok, he is still in there through the 6th, 4 hits.

And yeah Roger, as far as I know, Kuroda is the only guy on the staff to get a quality start, and he has two of them. Padilla has one tonight – 6 innings and 3 earned.

9. A Shot of Haeger says:

7 innings, 3 earned runs 102 pitches… pretty solid I must admit. He came up huge. I would throw Monasterios out there for the final two innings.

While I don’t like that Rowand got hit in the head… I do like that Padilla protected us after Wellemeyer knocked down Kemp

ya if this moron russ ortiz can end it, the pitching staff will be well refreshed for the next 2 days.

great start by padilla!!

11. steevo17 says:

From TrueBlueLA.com:
    “Tonight was the ninth multi-home run game of Ethier’s career, and since the start of the 2009 season only Albert Pujols has more multi-homer games, with 12. In Ethier’s last 81 home games, the equivalent of half a season, he has ridiculous numbers”

Last 81 home games PA R 2B HR RBI BA/SLG/OBP OPS
    Andre Ethier 358 57 25 25 77 .316/.388/.646 1.034

Ethier is on a crazy pace…possible MVP maybe???

About Padilla, he threw well enough to win, a true quality start actually, 7 IP and 3 ER. That should be all you ever expect from a #4 starter. I can already hear all of you “realistic” Dodger fans (that IS what you consider yourselves to be right? Scoop? LDog?) saying, “Well he was our Opening Day “Ace”…doh”. Get past that and when you return to the reality you will come to the understanding that he is, in fact, our #4…and a good one at that.

Russ Ortiz, and Ramon as well, are really hurting us badly. Besides all the earned runs they are giving up, they are taxing the bullpen each time they are called upon. How many times has Troncoso been called on to clean up one of their messes? Troncoso is being badly overused and actually abused I think. Why does Torre waste innings on these guys? I agree completely with Shot of Haeger, this was the perfect situation to get Monasterios some innings. Joe is not being very prudent here in my opinion.

The offense is stellar, the pitching is adequate and we are ok.

DODGERS IN 2010!!!

The pitcing is not adequate in my estimation.

5 runs in the 9th inning? That game was in hand and the Giants made it close because of Ortiz. He has to go. Who replaces him? Probably Belisario but, who the heck knows, ask Jed.

Our offense will not keep this pace up. That is not possible. They will settle in and do close to what what they did last year. We are going to need 9 innings of good pitching eventually.

“(that IS what you consider yourselves to be right? Scoop?”

I was a Dodger fan when you were in diapers kid.

And, yeah we all know that Padilla is our #4. We were being sarcastical again. I thought you were the expert on that.

14. steevo17 says:

I should have said, the pitching is adequate…as we await the arrival of Bellisario and the healthy return of Kuo.

I would be surprised if Russ Ortiz makes it through the weekend, he has been terrible. I still don’t understand why we kept him and sent Justin Miller down to AAA. My fingers are crossed for the dismissal of Russ and Ramon, and the as-soon-as-possible return of both Bellisario and Kuo.

Besides all that, it looks like we are going to need to have 13 pitchers on the roster the way Torre is going through the relievers right now.

And just so you know Badger, I have been a Dodger fan since I was actually in diapers, 45 or so years ago (born in 1965, a good year for Dodger Blue). Seriousness or level of dedication isn’t measured in years of service, so lets not get into a “whose is bigger” type of contest.

PS: “Sarcastical” does not exist as an actual word…plain old “sarcastic” is the word I would assume you were trying to use against me. Just saying…

Sarcastical is also an effort at being sarcastic steevO. Not surprised you didn’t recognize it though. FYI, I do have a college degree.

1965 huh? Yeah, you were still pissing in your pants when I was in Vietnam.

I have followed the Dodgers along time. I have played and coached at the college level. I know what I am talking about in here.

OK, I’ll quit the pissing contest if you agree to lay off the “fan” issue. I have been bleeding blue a long, long time. I will acknowledge that you have too. Agreed?

• steevo17 says:

Agreed. We’re tugging on the rope from the same side as far as I’m concerned.

However don’t be surprised if we have future disagreements, though they will be with all due respect of course.

16. mark says:

We all will show kindness, gentleness, respect and love to one another here…

or I’ll beat the hell out of you!

;)

I already respect your baseball opinions steevo. I think for the most part you know what you are talking about and state your baseball stuff well.

mark on the other hand has been wrong so long it’s looks like right to him. He is so dense, light bends around him. Go ahead, start a conversation with him – a flash of light, a cloud of dust, and, what was the question? If you stand next to him, you can hear the ocean. He keeps a coat hanger in the back seat, in case he locks his keys in his car. Where most of us have a brain, he has resonance. I don’t believe his URL allows outside access.

Hard to believe he beat out a million other sperm.

And I can say this because of two things – he is a friend of mine and I live 1500 miles away.