Categorized | GameTime

4. Kemp  CF
  5. Anderson  LF
  6. Belliard  3B
  7. DeWitt  2B
  8. Ellis  C
  9. Haeger  P

Since Russ Ortiz pitched last night, if the Dodgers were going to make a pitching move (like calling up Justin Miller), they should do it before today’s game.  I’ just sayin’….  Stick a fork in him!

Dance Knuckleball, Dance!

16 Responses to “Blazing Speed at the Top”

Good idea. Put in the B team against the Cy Young winner.

Is Manny on the shelf?

2. mark says:

Allegedly just a precaution…

3. steevo17 says:

Manny is at the age where he “deserves” a day off after a night game…especially against the reigning Cy Young award winner. If he’s tweaked, we’ll know by tomorrow.

A few days off shouldn’t hurt either way. With both Johnson and Anderson capable of holding LF down for Manny.

Looking forward to seeing Haeger get another shot at a national audience.

Kill the damn Giants!!!

4. JDavis says:

Check Justin tv or atdhe.net online that might have tbe game streaming

I hate when the Dodgers play on FOX. I’m blacked out of both MLB Extra Innings and MLB.TV. I can listen to the game on the MLB.TV radio feed, but I hate that also.

It was correctly stated in the last thread that Kemp and Ethier will each not maintain their current pace, and the same for other players that hot. However, I expect that to be compensated for by Loney picking up his run production, and he should also improve his current walk to strikout ration, which now stands at 1:10. Also, Manny’s power should ramp up, and I expect more out of DeWitt. Although there are issues with the starting pitching, I believe it will also pick-up, and the bullpen should turn itself around when reinforcements arrive, hopefully this coming week. And there will likely be additional changes as the season progresses.

It’s a long season, and things will hopefully balance out over time.

Previous post. That’s “ratio” NOT “ration”. Preview/Edit button????????????????????????

7. mark says:

The Ignorant Savages at MLB have it blocked out on MLB.com and the ignorant savages at Fox have the Cards game on here in Indiana! Savages!

I am surrounded by Ignorant Savages!

It’s going to be a long day for the Dodgers.

I think they are mailing this one in. Start the j.v. against the Cy Young and tee it up again tomorrow.

9. Mark Timmons says:

That’s our “ACE”?

I haven’t listened to or seen the game today. But I just took a look at the Gameday boxscore in the bottom of the 5th. Looks like Haeger’s having control problems again.

I’ve stated in the past that I’m neither a Haeger supporter nor detractor. With me, it’s wait and see. So far it doesn’t look so good. But I’m willing to wait, because a couple of bad outings doesn’t a season make. At the same time, I’m guessing that the Dodgers braintrust is questioning Haeger’s role, and beginning to re-evaluate, and look at available contingencies.

Also, given the current bullpen problems, might it not be smarter to employ Haeger in that role, simply because he can pitch virtually everyday? If the Dodgers don’t go out and get an established starter, might it not be prudent to find out what Monasterios can do as a 5th starter? McDonald and Elbert are also alternatives, although in McDonald’s case, I believe he’s better suited now for the bullpen. Elbert is also a bit of a crapshoot, albeit with some upside.

Lots of questions, but no concrete answers. Who knows, maybe Haeger is the answer. In any case, I admit that on this one I don’t have an answer, but I am guessing that the Dodgers brass knows a lot more than I do, and that they at least have a clue as to where the answer lies.

I reserve the right to second guess later on (smile).

Just returned from being away all day. See that Haeger was Haeger today.

So it might be that the TV baseball jocks were right (so far) on the reason most of them picked the Dodgers for 3rd or 4th place in the N.L. West. That is, ownership did not fix the pitching staff. And many here said that Kershaw and Billingsley would step it up and be the men.

So far, the Dodgers lead the majors in giving up walks.

In the last 16 innings, the score between the Giants and Dodgers is 17 to 3 (Giants). Enough said. Haeger had 94 pitches in with 5 walks. Wow.

The glass is not half empty nor half full. The glass is broken with pieces all over the floor.

12. Ty says:

Go Haeger!

OK, the glass is half full.

Fact: There are 30 teams in major league baseball, and right now only 12 have more wins than the Dodgers: Yankees, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Minnesota, Detroit, Oakland, Phillies, Braves, Florida, Washington, Cards, and Giants.

Tied or below the Dodger in wins right now: Red Sox, Baltimore, Cleveland, K.C., White Sox, Seattle, Rangers, Angels, Mets, Pittsburgh, Cubs, Reds, Milwaukee, Houston, D-Backs, Rockies, San Diego.

And, as you can see, in the N.L. only 6 teams have more wins, thus, 9 have the same or less wins.

See, the glass is OVER half full.

I have posted here or earlier boards for the past 15 years — the ultimate baseball season is where all of the teams in major league baseball would have the same record, that is, 81 and 81 at the end of the season.

Fans would be going nuts. Crowds full at almost every game. Play-off games galore. The World Series would probably be played in November.

That is my dream for baseball. A complete tie at the end of the season.

“See, the glass is OVER half full.”

Well, that’s one way of looking at it.

Another way is – you got a glass and it is half FULL. That means also that 50% of it is empty.

So, if the Dodger glass is half full, they would be playing at .500.
    After 11 games they are at .455, so, not quite half full but with another win tomorrow, they will be.

The glass is 46% full.

Lincecum. He is pretty good. Better than anyone we have. Jimenez, he did not so bad today too. The West. Stand by for a dog fight.

Badger and others — I have been noticing for some reason this season — there seems to me to be more really really really high pop-flies to the infield and the outfield.

Where fielders are waiting and waiting and waiting for the ball to come back to earth. And they seem worried as the ball arrives back to earth.

It is me, or have you noticed higher than past years — popups????

Maybe it is the wood in the bats, Maple . . .