You just have to realize that some people see the glass “half full.” some see it “half empty” and we have a few who see it as parched and barren. They have been doing that for years – you can figure it out. They like to throw the baby out with the bathwater. This is especially true, because most dislike Frank McCourt and therefore they try and see everything in light of their hatred of McCourt.
“The Dodgers won 95 games”
“Yeah, but they won’t keep that up.”
“The Dodgers have been in the playoffs 4 out of the past 6 years.”
“Yeah, but they won’t do it anymore.”
“The Dodgers have some good young players.”
“Yeah but, they won’t be like the last batch.”
And when the Dodgers lose, it’s “I told you so!”
They told me so 67 times last year, but I told them so 95 times.
Some people are just happiest when they can be negative, especially about the Dodgers.
They hate Frank McCourt and desperately want the Dodgers to fail so that their predictions can be justified.
Move along, there’s no reason to argue with them. It’s a free country and if they want to be miserable all season, then let them.
Me? These Dodgers have a mission. I’m going to enjoy watching.
The “Yeah-Buts” always spout off after a loss. Move along, there’s nothing to see here.
You can’t win an argument with someone who does their evaluations from the bottom up. No need to even try.
Rants & Raves:
- I was happy Duke won, but found myself pulling for Butler too. It didn’t feel as good as the other Championships for Duke. Butler! What a team and they will be BETTER Next Year!
- I told you Joe Torre was a genius starting Vicente Padilla. What a move!
- Timely hitting was the problem yesterday (unless you think the pitching could have been a little better) – 12 hits and only 5 runs?
- George Sherrill worries me…
- I will have an announcement later today – a new blogger is joining LAdodgerTalk and I think you will be excited to read him everyday.