Most of what follows come from Ken Gurnick of Dodgers .com:
- A day after losing catcher Russell Martin for four to six weeks with a pulled groin muscle, the Dodgers saw third baseman Casey Blake come out of Monday’s exhibition game against the Giants with a strained rib-cage muscle.
- Joe Torre said this about Josh Lindblom: ”Am I allowed to say it with my general manager around” He’s pretty simple to watch. His ball explodes at the end with something on it.“ In my opinion, Lindblom has a great shot at making the team.
- In the regular game against the Giants, the Dodgers received two solid innings from Josh Towers; an impressive inning from Jon Link, who came over from the White Sox in the Juan Pierre trade; and two scoreless innings from Rule 5 Draft pick Carlos Monasterios.
- General manager Ned Colletti said there was no news regarding the status of reliever Ronald Belisario, who is still stuck in Venezuela with visa problems complicated by a driving under the influence arrest last summer. Colletti said if Belisario isn’t ready to start the season, he would be placed on the restricted list.
- Another quote from Torre: ”Right now, Blake [DeWitt] is swinging as well as anybody. I believe he’ll hit in the big leagues consistently, not .320, but probably .280 plus do some damage.” Joe stole that line from me!
The rest is from me:
- Blake DeWitt is now hitting .800 (he’ll keep that up) in his bid to make the team as the everyday 2B.Ned Wants it, Joe Wants it and it looks like Blake Wants it.
- Jamey Carroll haters will enjoy a heaping helping of crow! This guy will mean a lot to us.
- Nick Green is ahead of schedule. He doesn’t have the stats, but this guy is also a ballplayer. Probably no room, but….