I’ll leave you with a few things to cuss and discuss:
- Is it possible that the Combination of Reed Johnson and Brian Giles will be even better than Juan Pierre last year? Think about that one really hard.
- Why can’t a guy who hit over .300 for the first two months of 2008 and is in his 6th professional season make the transition to everyday 2B? Think about this: 9 trips! That has to have an effect, but also serves to help you grow up real quick. Is it possible we will see the 2008 April and May Blake DeWitt all year?
- Jamey Carroll can play every infield position and every outfield position (he hasn’t played SS for a couple of years, but he can in an emergency) and hits nearly .350 as a pinch hiiter. Do you think he might have some value?
- Could this be THE year Kuroda is injury-free (remember, it’s not his arm that has been the problem)?
- Does anyone in their right mind think that sometime between September 2008 and August 2009, Manny Ramirez just “lost it?’ OR, is it possible you could see him be a beast in the least year of his contract?
- What are the chances in July or August that a team who (1) loses a closer to injury, or (2) has a closer who is not getting the job done, elects to trade for Ronnie Belisario and/or George Sherrill?
- The Dodgers will have a shuttle to and from Albaquacky (I can’t spell Albuquerque) all year -especially for the pitching staff. At any given time, we could have Troncoso, Wade, Schlichting, Leach, Lindblom, Miller and Felix there at any given minute. Expect to see a lot of movement to and from there.
- DARKHORSE: Ivan DeJesus, Jr. – Could he “sieze the day at 2B?s Brian Barton (who?) – You never know!!!
- Charles Haeger is out of options and so is Eric Stults. If, for no other reason than that, they will be given a shot at being the #5. Because of that, I think Scott Elbert starts the year at AAA. James McDonald might end up back in AAA so that he can start as well, but I think he’ll play out better as a reliever. We’ll see.
- Could it be that the Dodgers won’t have a true SS as a backup this year? Carroll could well be the emergency SS and Hu and Green would only be a cab ride away.
- There’s a real chance Amezaga won’t play this year.
- I think the Dodgers will go with 11 pitchers in April.
- Belliard is not a lock to make the team!
This could be your Opening Day Lineup & Roster:
- Furcal SS
- Martin C
- Kemp CF
- Ethier RF
- Manny LF
- Loney 1B
- Blake 3B
- DeWitt 2B
- Billingsley P
- Belliard or Doug M ( I can’t spell Mientkiewicz)
I’ll be in Carmelback from March 20-27, 2010. See you there.