It turns out that Ronnie Belisario and I have a lot in common – No I don’t have a DUI, but we both have Visa problems that prevented us from reporting yesterday. He hasn’t been able to obtain his, and I have to work to pay mine off! So there you go. Joe Torre isn’t mad at me , but he is mad at Ronnie!
Spring is that time of year when the “little boy” in us all dreams big dreams:
- Manny will have an MVP season
- Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier will combine to hit 80 HR and drive in 240
- Chad Billingsley and Clayton Kershaw will be 1,2 or 2,1 in CY Young voting
- Russell Martin and Rafael Furcal will win Silver Sluggers and Gold Gloves
- Eric Gagne will regain his form to become “Game Over” Gagne
- From James McDonald, Eric Stults and Charlie Haeger will emerge a #5 starter who goes 200 innings
- BelliCarroWitt will combine to hit over .300 at 2B
- Casey Blake didn’t have his career year last year – he will have it in 2010 – with a beard, no less
Now, most of those dreams will not happen, but some will and it’s going to be fun to see which ones play out.
- The Dodgers and Torre are working on an extension of one more year.
- Russell Martin allegedly looks like a fullback and has muscled up this year. The last two years, he worked on flexibility and that simply didn’t work. He’s allegedly about 20+ pounds heavier.
- To those of you who expect Casey Blake to have a bad year at 37, just look back at Brooks Robinson, Mike Schmidt and Pete Rose at 37. If a guy takes care of himself, there no reason he can’t be at his peak then and I think that Casey Blake, while not in the category of the three above-mentioned 3B, is a candidate to do as good, probably better than last year.
- Rumor has it that James Loney may have “bulked up” over the winter. That would make some of those fly balls, “Big Flies.”
- Tony Jackson on Eric Gagne
- Dylan Hernandez on Chad Billingsley
- TJ Simers with a “Feel Good” Article on “Game Over”