Why I Root For Frank McCourt…

Why I Root For Frank McCourt…

In 1987, I was framed for a crime I did not commit, demanded a jury trial, and after all my witnesses were silenced (prevented from testifying), while the jury was out, and we knew we

Two Lefties - Clayton Kershaw with Stephen Timmons

were beat, the prosecution offered me a suspended sentence if I would plead guilty.  My attorney told me that if I didn’t take it, I would get 40 years!  I said “NO!”  Actually, I said “Hell No!”

The Judge gave me 40 years, and 7 and a half years later, after studying the law and acting as my own attorney, I had the conviction overturned and literally had handcuffs and shackles removed as I walked out of the courtroom to my freedom.  And then yesterday, someone had the stupidity to say that Frank McCourt bought me for some passes to Dodger games?  You didn’t sign your name when you posted it , but you sir, are a genuine dumb-ass!  If I wouldn’t take a plea bargain to stay out of prison, do you really think a $50 ticket could buy me?  You are an IDIOT!

Now, that I have that out of the way, I will say this:

I have started a business on a shoestring.  I had no business making it.  I had no money.  I had to make that next sale.  I had to convince the next prospect to do business with me.  I had no hourly wage.  There was no Obama “bailout plan.”  It was all on me.   I didn’t lie, but I made US Water look like the biggest, baddest, best company in the world, when it was only me and my wife working out of our garage.  Do you have a job?  Good for you!  Have you ever started a business from scratch?  Do you know what it feels like when on Thursday, you don’t have enough for payroll on Friday?  Do you know what it’s like to pay your employees and not be able to pay yourself?   Do you know what it’s like to not have enough money for groceries?

I do!

16 years ago, I walked out of a courtroom with just the clothes I was wearing.  I was 40, with no criminal record, but I was unemployable.  Who the hell would hire me?  I had to make it on my own.  And so I did!

Frank McCourt is way over-leveraged.  There’s no doubt about it.  I would not have done it that way, but a part of me knows what he is about and I respect him for it.  I root for him.  Will he make it?

I don’t know.  I can only hope.

I made it against all odds!  NO ONE.  NO ONE!   NO ONE in the history of American Jurisprudence who had “significant” prison time has ever taken on the State and won their freedom.  I did!  I’m the only one!   Look it up!

So, don’t tell me something can’t be done…

especially when you have never attempted it!

Miracles do happen!  I created one…

Life is good!

Do you really think what is happening to the Dodgers is bad?

Someday, I’ll tell you about “bad.”

74 Responses to “Why I Root For Frank McCourt…”

So what does this have to do with McCourt? You and he are nothing alike. He was born into money, was raised priveleged, went to Gerogetown University and got even richer on OPM.

I don’t get it.

And what is happening to the Dodgers IS bad. Maybe not going to prison for something you didn’t do bad, but, bad like “my team is going down the crapper bad.”

I think maybe those who don’t know you don’t understand your siding with this guy. Take it easy my friend.

It’s like was said in the movies “Forget it Mark, it’s Dodgertown.”

Dude, Mark! Are you ever going to tell us what was the crime you didn’t commit?

I think we have had some disagreements but I don’t think it would be fair to accuse you of being bought off. I think whoever it was that made those comments is just a nut taking the cowards way out. I have said for years here and other places that McCourt isn’t the best owner but he isn not the worst. I think he is coming from an honest place and he is trying to make something of this franchise that was recovering from the Fox regime.

3. GoNzO says:

Mark,
    1. You should ban that guy
    2. When’s your book coming out?
    3. Do we get it at a discount, autographed?

Don’t let those comments get under your skin, the guy probably doesn’t know any better.

4. LADODGERDAVE says:

Mark

Really enjoy the uplifting and positive position of this post….

i guess through all this, people need to take a step back and just breathe and be blessed we represent dodger blue no matter the situation life throws at you….

5. McCHEAP STRIKES AGAIN!! says:

Damn what movie was that??? Hahaha you never been locked up in your life… If your defending that idiot mcCheap then you must be an idiot yourself.. Point Blank…

6. Mark Timmons says:

Badger,

The link is that I know what it’s like to be pressed from all sides and have people think you won’t make it. It is a lot different, but Frank “bootstrapped” the Dodgers, which is what I did when I started my business. I then to think his lifestyle is on the decadent side, but I won’t judge him for that. Too many factors…

McIdiot,

It will be a movie! It will be called “The Mountainmover” and you must be right: Those 7 years 5 months and 5 days were just a figment of my imagination. Wow! Thanks Dr. Idiot!

7. Mark Timmons says:

Romo,

It’s all in the book and Gonzo, I will give you all a discount (or free)… once I sell a a 100,000.
    ;)

Mark,

I ‘ll buy the book. But when is it coming out? The suspense is killing me.

I think the Dodgers will be ok. I don’t know why but I think even if things get dicey this year and we don’t add significant payroll we will still be fine. I would love to add pitching but really what is out there? If you belive the writers the Dodgers had a better package for Halladay & Lee (last summer). What can we do if our best offer wasn’t accepted. Let’s just ride this out it will be OK. This division is still winnable but it will be tougher. Come July let’s see what is available for our playoff run.

I’ll pay full price for your book. But, I hope it includes an autograph.

OK, I get it now. But, I still say you and Frankie are not alike.

“Bootstrapped” the Dodgers. Well, that’s one way of looking at it. The guy was turned down when he tried to purchase 3 other professional franchises (Red Sox, Angels and Buccaneers) and I suspect there was a darn good reason that happened. Butt Sellout liked and approved the guy. That should tell you something.

As those of you who know me remember, I didn’t like this guy from the beginning. There was just something about him. And, I think my instincts were right.

Mark, I have known you a long time. We don’t always agree, but over the years I have developed respect for you and your position. This one I just don’t understand. But, I am willing to wait and see how it plays out. I sure am glad this group hung on to the core group of players they inherited. Imagine where we would be if they had traded Kemp, Loney and Martin for rentals.

Over at the Dodger Divorce site there is an interesting list of Jed’s best and worst moves. He is about 50-50, which is what you can expect flipping a coin. But, I would like to see my GM better than worse at least 60% of the time. The good? Saito, Wolf and Hudson. The bad? Schmidt, Jones and Furcal. Incomplete? Kuroda and Blake. The bad were much more expensive than the good and the Dogs will pay for those mistakes for a while.

Andre Dawson elected to the Hall yesterday, congratulations to him. It caused me to stop and think – who was the last Dodger player to be elected to the Cooperstown? And, who will be the next?

10. SpokaneBob says:

I’ll buy your book Mover….. I appreciate your positive attitude even more now than I did before.

I don’t believe anyone on this board can control what happens with the ownership so all the bitching and negitivity is IMHO a waste of time. I believe we have a positive season ahead of us. I look forward to seeing some of our young players take advantage of the opportunities this situation provides. I expect Blake DeWitt to establish himself as a bonafied major leaguer and I will be pulling for him. We will see.

11. Blue Haze (artist formerly known as Original Dodgerman) says:

Preach it, MountainMover! I love the spirit and the fight in you. You have morals, integrity and ethics, it is obvious. Me likey!!

Don’t back down, don’t take shat from the naysayers. You and I are quite alike, what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. You da man, keep up the good fight, brother!

(okay, it will be fun to watch some try and paint my post as something that it is not, me ready to laugh. I happen to like watching people make fools of themselves. Knock yourself out, naysayers, expose your true “insides” for all to witness).

What everyone says except the idiot :smile:

Why is Furcal considered should a horrible move? I don’t get that one. Everything else I get.

Sorry last post was before coffee

I think it was because we purchased him at the beginning of his prime years and he was paid to keep improving. We got one good year out of him, and now he is trying to make a comeback from back surgery. Had we known he was going to have injury problems…. no way he gets the big bucks. Same situation as Schmidt only not as worse.

Badger, I was wondering the same thing last night; how many Dodgers are in the Hall of Fame. So I have been going through the HoF roster from the present to 1964 (so far), and found all I could find that played some, managed or front office. Here is the list –

Ricky Henderson (2009)
    Don Drysdale (1984)
    Juan Marichal (1983)
    Walter Alston (1983)
    Frank Robinson (1982)
    Duke Snider (1980)
    Hack Wilson (1979) – 2 years
    Larry MacPhail (1978) – president of the Dodgers, 5 years.
    Al Lopez ( ) – played 8 years; later manager in AL
    Roy Campanella (1969) – Dodgers only
    Joe Medwick (1968) – 5 years
    Kiki Cuyler (1968) – played 1 year
    Lloyd Waner (1967) – played 1 year
    Branch Rickey (1967) – general manager
    Casey Stengel (1967) – played 6 years as a Dodger; manager 3 years
    John Montgomery Ward (1964) – played 1 year for Brooklyn Ward’s Wonders (1890), Brooklyn Grooms for 2 years; Manager during that time.
    Heinie Manush (1964) – played 2 years.
    Burleigh Grimes (1964) – played 9 years; managed 2 years

Of this group — only 7 were players that we can consider Dodgers, 2 are executives, 2 are managers plus Leo the lip. And maybe Al Lopez playing 8 years.

So, 7 of those players went in with Dodger hats on? Or was it actually less?

And, how many do you suppose will be going in as Dodgers in the next 10 years?

Continued, 1964 to beginning; Hall of Fame folks that were a Dodger at one time or another:

Jackie Robinson (1962) – Dodger player
    Max Carey (1961) – played 4 years; 2 years as Dodger manager
    Zack Wheat (1959) – Dodger player
    Dazzy Vance (1955) – Dodger player
    Rabbit Maranville (1954) – played 1 year
    Paul Waner (1952) – played 2 years
    Mordecai Brown (1948) – played 1 year with the Brooklyn Tip-Tops
    Joe McGinnity (1946) – played 1 year for the Brooklyn Superbas
    Tommy McCarthy (1946) – played 1 years for the Brooklyn Bridegrooms
    Wilbert Robinson (1945) – managed 18 years for Brooklyn Robins
    Hughie Jennings (1945) – played 3 years
    Wee Willie Keeler (1944) – played 5 years with the Brooklyn Grooms/Superebas

To add to the above: 3 players that I would consider Dodgers, and one manager.

Even if we got Furcal in his prime and he’s currently getting over paid, I don’t put him in the A. (hole) Jones or Jason Schmidt category. I would move him into the Blake, Kuroda level at least. There just isn’t much to talk about with the team these days. It’s talk about the divorce or the idiot or try to figure out which reject starter may could end up with. That’s about it. I’m still debating on if I’m going to Spring Training or not. I just got my e-mail from the Dodgers for pre sale tickets at Camelback that’s going on sale today. I see no reason to just on this offer as there’s no way that place will sale out. The only reason to buy now is to get the seats in the shade. Unless you want to fry in the sun. I really liked going last year but I felt better about the team. Just feeling a little Blue today.

I suck today with my engerish. I’m going back to bed

I think it’s the new sleeping pills, they are killers

The Hall of Fame roster shows the following as “Team Inducted”:

Leo Durocher (manager)
    Sandy Koufax
    Walter Alston (manager)
    Don Drysdale
    Tommy Lasorda (manager)
    Don Sutton

Total of 14 names, 4 managers and 10 players. Of those players, I would call 7 in the modern era, after WWII. Only 3 prior to that time.

In this time, Mike Piazza has a shot, but which hat? in 16 seasons, 8 with the Mets, 7 with the Dodgers. He had 771 more ABs with the Mets than the Dodgers. And more HRs and more RBIs with the Mets. Interesting.

We threw Mike under the bus. He asked for $100M so we shipped him and then gave that money to Kevin Brown. I say no way he goes in as a Dodger and I don’t blame him.

And there just isn’t anyone else. We haven’t been all that good for a couple of decades now. And this divorce thing is going to be a step backward. Actually it already is as we didn’t get two solid draft picks for Wolf and Hudson and our big off season signing is a back-up infielder.

I wonder what the over/under is for Kemp, Loney, Ethier and Kershaw remaining in a Dodger uniform.

Piazza will be a Met when he goes in to the HOF. No doubt about it. 1 because of the East Coast writers (they choose the hat you wear when you go in now) and 2 because of how he was treated here at the end. Piazza has cut all ties with the Dodgers which is evident when he took part in the Mets new stadium ceremonies and was not even around for 1 of the Dodgers 50 yr anniversary ceremonies.

I am not a Piazza fan (never was) but he has a good reason for turning his back. I will be curious to see how old Tommy is (God willing) when Piazza goes in and if he shows up. I hope he does. I will say this Piazza will not be voted in on the first ballot. Just looking at the way the writers vote I think they will make him wait at least 1 year, as ridiculous as that is.

24. Ty says:

I’m fairly new here but can someone tell me what the hell Mark’s post means? Is it about him? Mark was in prison? He got himself out? I’m a newbie. Fill me in please

25. train says:

Bravo and kudos to you my friend, myself, well it was long ago, but i did do the crime, if growing grass is a crime, of that i am guilty. But i know what its like to start over, me at 43. Diffiult, but it can be done…
    train

26. A Shot of Haeger says:

That’s a great story Mark…. very uplifting! I’d buy your book in a second!!

27. Mark Timmons says:

Tony Jackson has a good read on the Dodgers search for more starters:

Ty,

Apparently Mark was accused/ convicted of breaking and entering Dodgers locker room and attempting to install a water purifying system. He was exiled to Indiana. After proving his innocence he was released but ordered to stay in the Midwest. He continued to be persona non grata in the Dodger community. In spite of that he continued to be a diehard fan and created this blog for likeminded fans to express their Dodger-love. Mark feels this is his penance to the Dodger in the Sky, by giving back to us. It has earned him forgiveness in the Dodger family. In recent years he has been let back into Dodger Stadium and Dodgertown (FLA & AZ) under the watchful eye of Josh Rawitch and Tony Jackson. Otherwise he has been chaperoned by Badger & Roger.

It is a great lesson here. Do good and keep the faith and you too could be a Mr Timmons. You too could be jet setting across the land with your young child to Dodger event after Dodger event.

This is a true story that I just made up!

Well I’m finally awake just in time to read Romo’s humor. Great stuff and better then the songs that are posted in here- in my opinion. I need the Real Estate market to wake up now. Only one job today at 4:00 pm. That blows. Mark just sent you and Romo a request. Don’t turn me down my Dodger brothers.

Not a whole lot learned in that TJ piece but, there was this:

Monasterios: “The Dodgers wanted him so badly that they paid the New York Mets to take him from Philadelphia with their higher Rule 5 pick last month and then trade him to Los Angeles.” (for cash considerations)

Cash considerations? Sounds to me like he will get a very close look in ST because if he doesn’t stick with the big club, he goes back and the cash is lost. Losing cash is not something that McDimes can really afford right now is it. All the other guys on that list are guys we know about and don’t look like they are anything more than relievers or back-up starters – but this kid looks like he could be the horse to bet on.

Is there any chance Wang might be on the Dodgers radar? Or is he damaged goods ? I think I read that Torre like him.

Wang would be a good gamble. I have read he won’t be ready until May though. I am suprised we aren’t hearing anything about Padilla or Garland. If we bring those 2 guys back I think we are at least back to what we had last year when you factor in guys like Stultz, J Mac, & Charlie Knuckles waiting in the wings and not being relied on.

Jon Garland. Good question.

Here is what Kate Ford has to say about Garland:

“Jon Garland did not have a great record last year because the Diamondbacks were very bad and would not make plays they should have, and then they traded him to the Dodgers, who did not even play him in the playoffs. I did not understand that at all when we all know how good Garland was in the playoffs. Remember 2005 against the Angels? That was one of my favorite games. Kenny Williams should of kept Jon Garland on the White Sox, but he sometimes makes bad moves, as we all know.

I am sure Jon Garland will be on a team soon lets hope it is a good one like the Indians or Yankees. NOT THE DODGERS!! Or any other National League team.”

Padilla will land somewhere. I heard the Nats and Angels might be interested. But his numbers are so up and down, I would rather go with someone else. I also wonder what he will cost. Both he and Garland were extremely well paid last year.

We are still in lockdown mode and will wait another month to see what pitchers might be available for one year contracts. Worked with Wolf last year.

One year contracts are what the Dodgers are about these days.

34. McCHEAP STRIKES AGAIN!! says:

Yeah not kissing Mccheaps ass makes an idiot… MoutainMover??? Hahahaha

35. A Shot of Haeger says:

I don’t know what a Moutain is? I do know you shouldn’t disrespect personally someone who takes there time to put this great blog. There’s a difference between disagreeing and treating someone like sh*t. You McCheap strikes again are a piece of sh*t…

36. Blue Haze (artist formerly known as Original Dodgerman) says:

So DRomo, the cross-dressing prostitution conviction of MM was just a rumor? Who knew.:)

37. lawdog says:

Mark! I can’t believe you leaked the details of the frame job they did to you to Dromo! Now your book will have lost all elements of surprise! Do you think there is any chance now that you’ll be able to sell it as a Dodger “pick of the month”? I figured eventually you’d sell copies at Dodger Stadium, together with a Dodger dog and autographed photo…, of Tommy Lasorda for $19.95! :shock:

God speed on the book and best of luck old frend! ;)

What kind of sleeping pills have you got there, Brussell? I have insomnia for which nothing seems to work. Ruth says it’s just old age…

Someone suggested Haeger just might log 200 innings for us as a joke on the other thread. i know it’s a long shot he gets a chance to start regularly even on this miserable excuse for a team. But if he does get such a chance, don’t be surprised if he doesn’t do just that. To be able to control the dancer as well as he does means he could fool the league better than Wakefield with it. Pitching his 201st inning would be no tougher on his arm than pitching his 2nd inning–the beauty of the knuckleball is that you can throw it until you’re in your 50s and it’s the toughest pitch to hit that’s ever been thrown, (unless you get rotation on it in which case it’s going to travel about 600 feet before it comes back to earth.)

If Haeger makers the rotation expect a 16-6 record, 210 innings, 250 Ks and 75 walks, 50 hits and 25 home runs. His era will be around 3.00.

Don’t expect any Dogs to go into the hall unless you count Mannyman. Blyleven can’t buy his way into the hall and he had the best curve ball I ever saw and won a helluva lot of games. It’s harder than hell to get in these days. Back when he was playing I thought Steve Garvey had a chance, but I think that way no more. Piazza will get in but he’ll enter as a Met. Orel might have made it if he had been great longer but that shoulder surgery pretty much ruined his chances.

38. lawdog says:

That’s “friend” not “frend” Mark.

39. steevo17 says:

That was a funny, heartwarming and thoughtful “real” fiction story, DRomo. Your mind continually amazes me…and usually in a positive way.

My applause to you Mark, your experiences are a testament to who you are in my opinion. A determined, righteous and brutally honest person who absolutely loves life and the Dodgers. I am impressed on all counts.

This is what I am eventually thinking happens with the Dodgers, taking into consideration the new circumstances they are operating under…divorce, economy, etc. etc. It is obvious to me that they are going to be very economical with their spending in the immediate future…maybe even beyond. So my thoughts are moving to the cheapest way to still remain competitive: youth.

I feel we have what we need to be competitors on the highest level already here. While I would like to see the Dodgers sign someone of significance, it isn’t going to happen. So I say we just go all in and turn the whole team over to the kids, the whole roster.

Right off the bat I would ship Blake, Manny, Kuroda, Furcal, Sherrill and Carroll out for prospects…the lower the level the better, AA at the highest. We would really need to scout these kids to get maximum value, but I wouldn’t be picky. Next I would replace these grizzled, expensive vets in the lineup with DeWitt, Paul/Repko (platoon), Elbert, Hu and DeJesus. With Gordon, and Lambo soon to follow.

Forget about any other F/A starters and put McDonald and Haeger in the rotation. No one over 30 in the bullpen either. Stults would be the grandpa there. Ellis and May could compete for the backup C. My roster would look like this by ST 2011:
    Starters
    Bills / Kershaw / Haeger / Elbert / McDonald
    Bullpen
    Broxton / Bellisario / Troncoso / Kuo / Wade / Monasterios / Stults
    with Leach / Lindblom / Link / Schichting / Guerra in reserve.
    Starting Lineup
    Gordon SS
    DeJesus 2B
    Loney 1B
    Kemp CF
    Ethier RF
    Martin C
    Paul/Repko LF
    DeWitt 3B
    Bench
    Mays (C) / Hu (IF) / Lambo (OF) / Mitchell (1B)

I know it isn’t very realistic of me…just thinking out loud. Any comments?

40. McCHEAP STRIKES AGAIN!! says:

Shot of heager.. Sorry for the mispelling.. And I’m not the one that started the name calling lil f*g…

41. steevo17 says:

McCheap if you aren’t actually 11 years old, you certainly act like it. Here’s a thought for you: try another blog site.

You aren’t a Dodger fan and you definitely don’t appear to be interested in contributing anything substantial here. Do us all a favor, yourself included and just fade away.

That would really be your best reply ever.

42. lawdog says:

steevo–you sure you don’t work for the St. Looie Rams? They tried that recipe and went 1-15 this year. I don’t think you can expect the average well heeled Dodger fan to swallow hard and keep buying season tickets with a team that will be a bottom, feeder just like it’s owners. :shock:

Fans in LA aren’t quite as masochistic as they are in St. Looie….

43. steevo17 says:

Lawdog, I really respect your opinions when you post here, and I really like your sarcasm. However…

Season tickets are immaterial to the Dodgers, they are entrenched in LA and as such will always have walk-up traffic to fill the seats at Dodger Stadium. In 2005, with a record of 71-91, they drew 3.6 million. Over the last 20 years the Dodgers have averaged 3.8 million a year, while only making the playoffs 4 times.

I think they would be best served to reload, not start from scratch. Do you really think that with Matt Kemp, James Loney and Russell Marting just entering their prime years and with Billingsley, Kershaw and Broxton leading a young pitching staff, that they won’t be competitive?

I’ve been eagerly awaiting these kids to arrive and succeed…nows as good a time as any. Besides, how valuable are all these cheap veterans anyway? They are always over-paid and usually break down physically. Gimme the kids dammit.

Like the famous chant in Bad News Bears: Breaking Training (obscure, maybe) “Let Them Play! Let Them Play!”. And besides the Rams suck.

44. Mark Timmons says:

Sherlock Holmes here!

Who is McCHEAP STRIKES AGAIN!! ?

I know!

Any guesses?

45. A Shot of Haeger says:

I don’t know, but the dumbass illiterate misspelled misspelled.. how ironic is that?

It’s probably New Guy….

you should out him Mark..

46. McCHEAP STRIKES AGAIN!! says:

Hahahaha WHATEVER SMART GUYS…

Ignore him. These guys are everywhere you go.

In most years I would agree with your post about attendance steevo. I was the one last year saying the economy would not effect Dodger attendance levels and I was right.

I fear this year is different. The general consensus out there in blog land is McParkinglot is wrong for the Dodgers. There could be a statement sent out by fans next year. I hope I am wrong about that, but, I can feel something different. And the core of young players you mention may not all still be here in a few years. If the finances of the team don’t rebound quickly, those guys will test the market and they will be gone. And who can blame them. They aren’t like Dodger fans, who will be there their whole lives. Those players are in it for the money and when the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Cards, Angels etc. come calling, they will answer.

I don’t see any Dodger HOF candidates on the horizon. I don’t see a Championship either. Not with the cloud that is hanging over the organization.

48. Blue Haze says:

So far Ken hasn’t accused me of being McDumbass, so I guess things are looking up. MM, knows it isn’t me. Hey MM, maybe you could tell us who it isn’t, with an exhaustive list of the ain’ts (wink wink nudge nudge).

BRuss, lots of anxiety in this time, maybe you need to put on your Bobby Ferrin CD and “Don’t worry, be happy!”

I’m sticking with the cross-dressing prostitution sting as to what did MM in. :)

49. Blue Haze says:

Hey MM, I went to your .com site you referenced and didn’t learn anything new. Are you going to give us the charge you were nailed with, at least, or just let us flap in the wind? Telling us the charge you went to jail for, won’t ruin your book sales, it may actually help them, how about a bit more than a tease?

50. Blue Haze says:

Oh yeah, I think Ken is McDumbass and Kay in LA :) (don’t get your undies in a wad Ken, it is a joke, you fun-ster :) )

• Ken says:

Yea and sociopaths always use the “best defense is a good offense” approach! haha Don’t get your tie-off in a knot!! haha just a joke right

51. SpokaneBob says:

McCheap sounds like he is in the 7th grade…..Must be a giant fan.

52. Rory says:

I googled “Mark Timmons wins legal battle” and this is what I came up with:

That Badger fellow makes a lot of sense.

53. Mark Timmons says:

McCheap isn’t as smart as he thinks. Here’s his IP Address: 76.240.177.209

… and if he’s smart enough to figure out what his IP address is, he will know that I am on to him.

I’ll out him later, unless he wants to come in and confess first!

Confession is good for the soul, M…., I mean McCheap.

54. A Shot of Haeger says:

I work in TV News in Vegas…. now that’s a tease….

Today at noon,

Unknown blogger causing panic in Dodger cyberland, only one man knows his identity, we’ll find out who this person, next

Plus, it’s so cold, frozen iguanas are falling off trees, we’ll have the lizard conundrum right after the break.

55. lawdog says:

I really wasn’t taking a shot at you Steevo. I was just recognizing that what you’re suggesting constitutes dedicating the franchise to a rebuilding project. you’re right that sometime in the not to distant future the Dogs will have to go through the process. Only the Yanks can spend their way out of bad prior signings.

But I question whether that time has to be now or not. We got so close to the mountain top the last couple of years. I believe this club is just a couple of key signings away from one last assault on the title.

But if Perfectly is going to just sit on his hands and nothing, your suggested approach is better than the status quo. You have to have some sort of plan when your team isn’t good enough to make it to the top as presently assembled. Attendance will suffer a little, but it’s better than pretending we have a shot only to be let down hard come September.

Mark, Your the best. I watch the First 48 on A & E and they try the same kind of tactics. “We know you did it, now we just want to hear you say it”. LOL The only problem with airing these types of shows are that anyone being questioned is going to just Lawyer up in the future.
    Lawdog, my sleeping pills are called Mirtazapine. It says on the bottle to take 1-2 pills before bedtime. I don’t recommend taking the two. You won’t know your name for the next two – three days. My dosage is now 1/2 a pill per night. I hate taking them but drinking NyQuil before bed just wasn’t cutting it. It sucks getting old. Oh to be young again. Romo, treasure these years. They fly bye before you know it.

Now finally to the Dodgers. Oh wait, there’s nothing to say.
    Thanks to Mark, Badger and Romo for accepting my offer yesterday.
    Peace

Well BRuss, with a baby in the house I wish I could sleep through the night! Be careful with those pills though man it is a dangerous way to go but I am sure it is necessary. I try three fingers of Maker’s when I feel I might have trouble sleeping. It helps the baby too, j/k :)

Did you receive any money for having to spend all that time in prison? Great Story and sorry you had to go thur that. Let me be one of the first to buy the book at full price.

59. GoNzO says:

It has got to be that Mario kid again. I’ll bet anything.

60. A Shot of Haeger says:

That’s awesome Mark!!! Who is going to play you in the movie?

I would cast Randy Quad but he’s currently running out on hotel bills and in jail.

62. Rory says:

Randy could use the work. Good choice.

Amazing story! What strength it would take to live through that and never give up! Although my story about your life was a damn good one :)

Great topic for a thread here: “Who will play Mark?”

Randy Quaid? Nah!

Remember Mark was a young man when all this went down, plus a basekettball player on the inside. I go with Woody Harrelson! George Clooney even? The better question here is in the post scrpt of the movie will it tell how he started a successful business.. blah blah blah.. but he started LADODGERTALK. COM? For crying out loud how could he leave that out? And now with his bionic hip he will set out for world domination!

Mountainmover.com is now set as a favorite sight Mark. Update us frequently please and finish the book soon! Can’t wait!

64. Rory says:

When I was in my 30′s, Tom Selleck was the actor who resenbled me the most. In my 40′s it was Steven Segal and in my 50′s it’s Foster Brooks.

Mark Great blurb for your book!!

Wow McCheap! How old are we? Tough guys hide behind a “screen name” and shout obscenities, right? Look we are all here having fun and visit this site because we like it. No one makes you visit here right? Let’s keep it fun!

“…Lighten up Francis…” – Sgt. Hulka

67. McCHEAP STRIKES AGAIN!! says:

You guys are right. I am an idiot. I apologize and promise to get some help.

68. lawdog says:

Mover, your son Stephen looks exactly like my son looked when he was that age. Made me stop and take a second look. It seems to me that most children from mixed racial marriages are beautiful like that.