This Week in Dodgers (TWID) – January 14th

This Week in Dodgers (TWID) – January 14th

Hello and welcome to the inaugural edition of TWID Notes where I, Miguel Salcido, will be showcasing the hottest stories and links from around the Web regarding our beloved Dodgers.

With the many Dodgers sites and blogs out there who the heck has time to read them all? Well, someone without a life right? Uhh… me? YES! Me! I will be scouring the Web each week for posts, stories, inside info, twitter chatter, and basically anything on the Web that you should know about.

So from now on there is no need to scour the Web each day, taking hours away from your life. Simply come to LADodgerTalk.com daily for your dose of Dodgers Juice, and visit us each Friday to catch all the best news from around the horn here in TWID Notes.

Continuing with the Lasorda theme, here is your Video of the Week….

About Miguel Salcido

Professional online marketing consultant, husband, father, completely obsessed Dodgers fan, writer, speaker, and all around sports fan. I represented LADodgerTalk.com in the press box at Dodger Stadium last season. My favorite player is Orel Hershiser. I am currently grooming my 2 and 4 year old boys as avid Dodgers fans. Follow me on Twitter, http://twitter.com/ladodgertalk. Oh, and I hate the Giants.

10 Responses to “This Week in Dodgers (TWID) – January 14th”

1. Rory says:

There is enough reading there to keep us all busy for the next two days.

LaRoche to the dbacks – with CoJack and Webb back they are better.

Giants talking to Kiko Calero. He is going to be 36, but, as a set-up guy last year he had 1.1 WHIP and a sub 2 ERA. They are going to be better too.

And Colorado? They won 92 last year. Will they improve?

The Dodgers are spending the money we thought they would on the arb eligible players. That’s good of course – but, how much is left over for an arm? None really.

Season ticket sales are slow? Gee, what a surprise.

OK, I have a lot more reading to do.

2. Rory, trust me when I tell you that going through the TWID Notes is faster than spending hours each day sifting through all the sites. :-) Thanks for reading.

I never knew Lasorda had a mouth like a truck driver. But I love it!

3. Rory says:

Yeah, thanks Miguel. Great job. This is my one stop reading spot for all things Dodgers. If you go do the work, it saves me from doing any.

I like it when that happens.

I have heard some things regarding Lasorda’s mouth. Locker room language – not for the faint of heart.

Torre expects the real Manny back? Gee, I don’t know why he is expecting that. Manny only makes $123,456.79 a game, whether he plays or not.

OK, time for a movie and popcorn. Gran Torino. Wife hasn’t seen it yet.

4. lawdog says:

Thanks Miguel! This reminds me a little of the old “Morning Review” put out by an old poster friend who no longer follows the Dodger blogs, (unless he’s still lurking out there somewhere), with the name of “Bluefan”.

Oh Fan of Blue, where have you gone? Come home!

Bluefan, if you are out there, bring us up on your family . . .

6. SpokaneBob says:

Great job Miguel. Thanks so much.

7. Mark Timmons says:

I see Bluephan (or Bluefan) post on Weisman’s board – I think he’s “Terry Austin”

He is indeed . . .

9. Blue Haze says:

Is he Steve Austin’s brother?

Nice TWID Fridays for LDT. I will look forward to having a quick trip around the horn on Fridays.

LMAO at the poor SP that we will go to ST with this season. If we get good ERAs out of our SP and BP, and we do better with our own WISP and OBP we could possibly have a decent year, IMHO. TWABDLBTFTUFEEOTB, LMAOROTF!

In today’s local newspaper, sport writer David Kendricks has his list of the top 30 pitchers and then relief pitchers:
    Baseball season is just around the corner, which means fantasy owners can start thinking about which players they’ll draft. Here’s a look at the top pitchers right now.

On his list, only 2 Dodgers make the list: Kershaw #19, then Broxton #2