Answer: One is a bottom-dwelling garbage-eater and the other is a fish!
Get used to it. The Dodgers are now officially bottom-dwelling, garbage-eaters. They love to eat up cheap, journeyman-like players who may not have much upside but are cheap, cheap, cheap. Warm bodies to stock AAA… and maybe, if a Randy Wolf or Adrian Beltre is not signed by March, the Dodgers will try to get them on the cheap as well.
From the Class of Baseball to Bottom-Dwelling Garbage Eaters.
Thank your Frank McCourt!
It may come as a surprise to you, I am not all gloom and doom – I actually think the Dodgers will be better in 2010 than we were in 2009. It’s beyond that which worries me. I don’t think that even Jamie could screw up next year. Frank is obviously not allowing the system to be re-stocked. Draft picks are out. International signings? Forget-about-it! However, the Dodgers will be better next year for five (5) reasons:
- Manny is playing for a new contract. To those who think he has lost it: you have never been more wrong!
- Kemp, Ethier and Loney will be a year more mature and even better than last year.
- Russell Martin is playing for his career and his pride. Watch for a big rebound.
- Our young pitching will take a big stride forward next year, led by Opening Day Starter Clayton Kershaw. Broxton may master a change up, and the real Chad Billingsley will return.
- Experience will hold the day.
I am not saying “World Series,” but the Dodgers will be better and then, who knows what can happen.
The only problem is that I feel like I have vomited in my mouth whenever I think of the name McCourt – talk about “acid reflux!”