This Is a No Spin Zone

This Is a No Spin Zone
It WAS TRULY a No-Brainer!

It WAS TRULY a No-Brainer!

The Spin:  “We didn’t think it was prudent to offer Wolf or Hudson arbitration in this down market because we really didn’t want either one and we were afraid they would accept.”

The No-Spin:  “Frank won’t spend a dime and we are a bunch of ignorant jackasses.”

The Spin:  “The divorce won’t have an effect of the Dodgers’ spending.”

The No-Spin:  “Frank McCourt couldn’t run the Dodgers on a good day – watch him really screw it up now.”

The Spin:  “We will have some really good news for Dodger fans shortly.”

The No-Spin:  “We will use Vaseline!”

I said it was a “No Brainer” to offer Wolf and Hudson arbitration.  Frank McCourt has taken a “lethal dose of NO – BRAINS!”

Bottom line:  I have supported Frank McCourt through his debacles.  Now, I understand that he gave up Santana, Bell, Johnson and others becaise he didn’t want to spend a few bucks.  He is not investing in the minor leagues and WE ARE SCREWED!  I am done with these ignorant savages!   The Dodgers will not get another dime from me and NO SUPPORT!  I will call out these Stupid Idiots every chance I get!  You won’t see me at Spring Training – I am going to become a Reds fan!  I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO done with these fools!

Dodger Fans Are Screwed!

Dodger Fans Are Screwed!

33 Responses to “This Is a No Spin Zone”

1. Jim D says:

It is NEVER about “the fans”. It is ALWAYS about the owners POCKETS. I guess, as Vince Scully says often, we fans are “thinking with our hearts”, to think anything else other than money matters.

2. New guy says:

Agree 1000%…they are not getting a dime from me anymore….

Until the McIncourts are gone, I too will not support this team.

Is there a way to send this message to Selig now? I do not want to wait until next year, MLB needs to know where the true blue Dodger fans stand on this issue.

The Frankenjamie Freak Show must hit the road. The sooner the better.

Was anyone really surprised that the Dodgers didn’t offer arbitration to anyone? I would have been shocked if they did anything else. Like Badger, I have posted on a number of occasions that new ownership with real money is needed. MLB should never have allowed the over leveraged sale to McCourt to occur in the first place.

As for the decline of the Dodgers farm system, I’ve been concerned about that for the past couple of years, having noticed their failure to compete in the international market, the failure to sign Kyle Blair, letting Santana go to save money, etc., etc., etc.

And what’s even doubly disturbing, is the probablity that they declined to offer arbitration not only to save money on Hudson and Wolf, but also to avoid receiving additional draft picks that would have required an investment to sign.

For me, there is no option to support another team, or just ignore the Dodgers. I stayed with them when they left Brooklyn after the 1957 seaason, and I can’t see myself doing anything else but remaining a Dodger fan. I root for the Dodgers, not the O’Malley’s, not News Corp., and not the McCourts. I would simply like to see new ownership that recognizes the potential for this team to become the Yankees of the West, and is willing to make the investment necessary for that to happen.

Good stuff from True Blue L.A.

I’m too tired to comment (it’s 1 A.M. in NY), so I’m going to bed. Besdies, it’s all self-explanatory.

Great writing by True Blue. It’s all there, everything some of us have been trying to say in here for a long time. Thanks Brooklyn.

For me it isn’t a question of rooting for another team. There is no other team. I will still pull for the Dodgers, maybe more so now than ever before. The Dodgers, and Dodger fans, deserve better than this. Let it be heard from Long Beach Ca. to Long Beach New York – the McCourts must go. MLB now has clear evidence that these two are not good for the franchise and not good for baseball.

Go back to Boston mcCheesy’s. Sell our beloved Dodgers to someone worthy and let this nightmare end.

7. Ty says:

Sing it sista!!!

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can’t find one good reason why Wolf and Hudson were not offered arb.

Can we please run the McCourts out of this town??? Does anyone have Mark Cuban’s email?

I am at a loss for words. However I am willing to see how it plays out and hold back my judgment. I don’t know what they are doing here. It is so frustrating.

I am in this for the long haul. I get the feeling we are about to take 2 giant steps back after taking 1 forward. A few years ago we had a truck load of young talent and were about to make our push for a ring. We made the big trades in 2008 and seemed to be on the verge of good days. Now we are looking at a depleted farm system and no answers for our pitching woes.

I will always be a Dodger fan however. I will ride this through the good times and the bad. I will, however, maybe not go to as many games. Let’s see how it pans out though fellas. Last offseason I remember thinking at times that we were going to struggle in the season and we ended up with the best record in the NL. There will be time enough to panic later.

Did Mark get the rights to “LA Reds Talk” yet?
    Like most people have stated in here, there is no other team to root for but it’s becoming difficult to get excited over the Dodgers. The McCourts have really screwed up all our hopes and dreams for the bright young stars we currently have on the team. We were so very close the last few years and now it will take a new owner and time to get things straightened out again. I guess we have gotten the wind taken out of our MLB rumor sails…… :sad:

I got a question. I suppose I could look it up, but you guys have your fingers on the pulse of the Dodgers so I’ll just ask and get back to my day:

how much longer are our young guys under the teams control? Ethier, Kemp, Loney, Martin, Bills – how soon until they can test the free market?

11. tdf says:

I agree with all of you, I cant root for another team. I am a Dodger fan for life. I am from the San Diego area and i try to go to as many Dodger games as i can during the season. The only time i go to Petco is when the Dodgers are in town. We the fans dont deserve this. I will not go to another game until i see some changes. Its a shame, we are so close to a ring.

12. Eric Stephen says:

Badger,

Broxton is under team control through 2011. Same with Sherrill, although he’s not a young dude.

Kemp, Ethier, Loney, Martin, Bills, and Kuo are under control through 2012.

Thankfully, Kershaw is here through 2014.

13. lawdog says:

It should be obvious why the Dodgers didn’t offer arbitration to Wolf or Hudson. They don’t want to “rebuild” the minor league system with bona fide prospects because first round draft picks command a lot of loot just for signing.

The Divorce will continue to ruin this team. This is just the beginning of the end. Try watching Rams football if you want a glimpse of where we are heading with airheads owning our club.

I’m not so worried about how long we have some of our young guys under control, as I’m worried about what the Dodgers might do when these guys get to be expensive as they move through their arbitration eligible years. Will any of them be signed to long term deals that take them past their free agent eligibilty? Without an ownership willing to spend, I wonder how long some of them will continue to remain in Dodger Blue.

And if the Dodgers are unwilling to spend on free agents to fill holes, exactly how are they going to be filled if the farm system isn’t regularly replenished? And how many deals for expensive major league players will be possible if the farm system is depleted?

Unless it does a complete about face, the current ownership seems incapable of providing the resources needed to build a perennial championship caliber team. My guess is that the Dodgers will contend in 2010 simply by the fact that I expect players like Kemp, Ethier, Bills, Kershaw, etc. to benefit from experience and the natural maturity process. However, without continued replenishment, decline is probably inevitable.

“Without an ownership willing to spend, I wonder how long some of them will continue to remain in Dodger Blue.”

That is why I asked. I wonder if some of them aren’t already planning an exit strategy.

We need new ownership and we need it yesterday.

I went on a vacation from posting when I determined that there was a high probability that the Arbitration decisions would be very telling on the real economic postion of the Dodger. Now that the decisions have been made, and I am back from Palm Springs, I have awoken and I see that the truth has been revealed and even Mark has changed his opinion (Can’t always believe his writings!) I thought that the Dodgers would be able to afford at least 1 of the 2 Type A players and hoped that the Dodgers would at least offer arbitration to a pitcher ie, Wolf, becasue the pitching staff is depleted.

As I have previously said I believe that the Dodgers rolled the dice and attempted, and failed, to win the World Series in 2009 and the manner in which they made that attempt has hurt the Dodgers, in the long run, as much as the Divorce.

17. GoNzO says:

I don’t know if it helps any or if these addresses are still active but if anyone can make noise I’m pretty sure many of us in here can.

bud.selig@mlb.com

MLB president and chief operating office
    bob.dupuy@mlb.com

Executive vice president of MLB
    tim.brosnan@mlb.com

the number for the commissioner’s office is 212-931-7800.

18. A Shot of Haeger says:

have you guys read dodgerthoughts latest blog. One word!!! Wow!!!

Great piece. And I absolutely get what he is saying.

We are all passionate about the Dodgers. We all have had to put up with some up front on the surface blatantly incompetent management, from ClusterFox to the McCornfuseds. Some of us, and you know I am in that group, could see this coming from the start and have been whining about it since Frankenjamie were “approved”. Me? I’ve been pissing and moaning since 1988. Why in the world can’t the Dodgers be consistently great? Simple. It’s because of ownership. Obviously being extremely wealthy doesn’t carry any license or guarantees to be capable and competent. And obviously none of us are in that league of wealthy with the opportunity to do it ourselves. And like Weisman so eloquently points out, we would all likely find our own ways to screw it up.

So, now what? We wait. And we watch. We hope for the best but we all fear the worst.

Please, Mr. and Mrs. McCourt, do the right thing. Sell this team.

This morning I emailed a message to all the addresses listed above. Selig’s just came back undeliverable. Nothing on the other two yet.

At least they signed the most important person for 2010 – Vinny!!

If the Dodgers can not afford Wolf maybe they can afford Lowry. I would rather have Stults who apparently is going to be sold to Japan. WOW! Will Franks receive enough on the sale of Stults to pay even one month of spousal support to Beans?

A respond to Mark’s post from the Homeboy http://www.vinscullyismyhomeboy.com/

The Truth about the Dodgers Owners is Finally Coming Into the Light.

22. Mike says:

Whoa – easy there big guy.

23. SpokaneBob says:

It would be totally cool if O’Malley could buy the team. We will see.

I have been a Dodger Fan since 1958. We have gone through good times and bad. But thats what being a fan is all about. You enjoy the highs and endure the lows….you basically live and die with your team.

Mark is a fan…a diehard fan. He may be PO’d now but regardless of his post today, he, like the rest of us true Dodger fans are Dodger fans for life.

Right Mark?

The Dodgers MLB.com site has become a cesspool of vile hype. The attempts to spin the truth with vagaries and less than half truths has become unbearable. From the insanity of suggesting that Torre might be manager of the year (1 vote) to Kemp and Ethier being the NL MVP and now the Dodgers are going slow at the Winter meetings because they are prudent (as oppossed to broke). An LA Dodger is now a person who lives in LA who constantly dodges the truth. Bring back the trolley dodgers and the O’Mallys (or a real owner)

I wonder if O’Malley is serious, and if so, who is his deep pocket.

O’Malleys deep pockets would be Broad. But I have a source that says Mr. O’Malley is done with baseball, but his kids may be interested!

I love that key free agents are coming off the board. Palanco, Scutaro, Figgins may be signed soon now our reclamation project Padilla is leaning towards another club.

But dont be so upset fellow Dodger fans. We have the inside track on Luis Ayala! Yeah just like me you probably just said “Who the hell is that?”

This offseason is going to be great!!

27. steevo17 says:

So little to talk about, yet so much of the little is so big. Huh?

It sounded good in my brain. Anyway, 1st: there is no question the McCourts have to go. My hope is Mark Cuban and his bottomless pockets are first in line. The perfect dream would be for the O’Malleys to return and lead us back to greatness. All pipe dreams though, I fear.

2nd: everyone who truly bleeds Dodger Blue is going to have to come to grips with the daunting fact that there is no Santa for us this year. In other words, no Halladay, no Lackey, no Figgins, no trades, no free agents. NO NOTHING! We will still be competitive, however we will be destined to be the newest version of the team that “just couldn’t get over the hump”.

I have always been a Dodger fan first and foremost. I will always be a Dodger fan, through thick and thin. I’m just really very disappointed.

I hope the kids continue to step up and maybe, just maybe…

“So little to talk about, yet so much of the little is so big.”

Well said steevo. Take a look around the Dodger organizaion and what you see is what we will get.

As Eric mentioned above, we still have the core of our young players under control for a while, and they all will be playing for the big payday, so, we should be able to compete next year. Who knows, maybe Schlee-sting or Shot of Haeger, or Eric Stoltz can actually earn a spot in the rotation and win ROY (or an Academy Award) and we can edge out the Rockies and gints and sqeeze into the play-offs.

Play-offs!?

29. lawdog says:

What the McInCourts are doing to Ddoger fans has led me to paraphrase a quote from Winston Churchill. Regarding the efforts of those two airhead scumbags:

“Never in the course of human events have so few done so little for so many, NO NEVEH!!!”

Or, “Neveh in the course of human events have so many owed so little to so few, NO NEVEH!”

I’ve been a Dodger fan since they moved to LA in the 50s. My Dad used to be a rabid Brooklyn fan so he got me started when they moved out west. This year I don’t think I’ll bother putting out the loot to get the games on cable. I can already predict that the Dogs will probably make it as the wild card and lose in the first round of the playoffs in this, their last year over .500 until O’Malley or Cuban buy the team.

Wake me when the Dogs are sold to reputable owners. :mad:

If you subscribe to Baseball America or their website you will be able to read these scouting reports on the Dodgers’ Baseball America 2010 top 10 prospects.

Hell yeah! We got Justin Miller. Now we don’t need Halladay or Lackey!

We are yet to pull the trigger on Luis Ayala but I’ve got fingers crossed!!

It’s no secret that I would love to see the Dodgers sold to a deep pocketed owner willing to invest for the short and long term. At the same time, I refuse to scoff at minor league deals as if to think that they are a harbinger of future moves. Every team, even those that spend lavishly, make relatively minor moves to fill gaps within their organizations. I’m sure Justim Miller was signed to simply give the Dodgers an arm with major league experience on the farm in the event that he might be needed to plug a spot on the roster during the season, due to an injury, or whatever. I don’t know if the Dodgers are going to conduct “business as usual” this offseason, but the Miller move is just that, as are myriad other moves made by every organization.

While there has been some action prior to the Winter Meetings, most of the work has yet to be done by most teams, Dodgers incuded. I believe that there will be some movement during the meetngs, especially after it’s known which players have accepted or rejected arbitration. And there will be further happenings after the meetings. I’m as skeptical as anyone, but at the same time I think it’s only fair to let things play out before jumping to any conclusions.

I think things are playing out Brooklyn.

The Dodgers aren’t mentioned anywhere in the rumor mills. I think the entire world of baseball can see what is going on here and everyone is just waiting for the shoe to drop.