Logan White and De Jon Watson Interview

Logan White and De Jon Watson Interview

OK, like I promised, here is  the video of the interview I did with Logan White and De Jon Watson on Wednesday, December 9th at the Winter Meetings.

We had to break it down into two video files because of the length.  I think you can sense their excitement and enthusiasm for the farm system and the youngsters.  When I finished, I felt very confident in the future.

26 Responses to “Logan White and De Jon Watson Interview”

1. Ray says:

Mark-fabulous interview! Thanks for posting on your site.

Well done Mark.

I am looking forward to that AA team and what they might accomplish this coming year. I think it has become evident that the Dodgers will be looking internally for replacements. This is a time of opportunity for our younger players.

3. erik says:

Great interview Mark!

Great job Mark. Good to see that there is less spin in the minors then in LA. Those are two guys that command respect. Who is doing their job of kicking butt in the majors?

You have convinced me to blow off Camelback and just go to Chattanooga in May to watch the next group of stars that will be ready in 2-3 years. Next year reminds me of the year that I went to more games in LV then LA.

5. GoNzO says:

awesome interview Mover! Thanks. Are both white and watson 6’3″+? You 3 looked the same size.

I have the Dodgers at $92 mil after the arbitration awards and if they just sign Weaver, Belliard, and Eyechart. I suppose that we may have to wait for the arbitration awards to see how much money the Dodgers actually have for free agrents (there are now 5 open 40 man roster spots) unless Pierre is traded for a pitcher soon.

7. A Shot of Haeger says:

I’m in television mover…i watch interviews every single day…. you did a fantastic job. Congratulations!!!

8. FHR says:

Mark, you know I’m a bit critical of you from time to time, but this interview was VERY well done. You asked some great questions and it was just handled professionally. Thanks for bringing this to us, nice work.

9. MIckBlue88 says:

Wow! What a fantastic interview! It’s hard to believe that Kemp and Loney were ranked so low by various publications!

Looking forward to the future!

10. Mark Timmons says:

Gonzo, I’m 6′ 3″ and I guess that both of them are about the same size as me.

11. tdf says:

Congrats Mark, awsome job. Thaks for all that you do here on your blog.

12. scott says:

Mark,

Well done I was down on the big club because of the terriable or lack of Winter meeting action. But the farm interview is great. Thanks for the interview and the site. I love the dodgers. Can’t wait for the next crop of talent. Like the humor and information.

13. lawdog says:

professional job Mark. Nice work. For a follow up, get De Jon Watson by himself and ask him to assess specific prospects. We didn’t hear enough of Watson because White spent too much time talking about his relationship with his wife. :shock:

14. lawdog says:

Check out the photo and story about the blond haired, blue eyed 24 hour “driver” misrepresenting himself as an employee of the Dodgers in the Far East:

15. jdavis says:

grrrreeeeeat

16. Harold says:

Sorry I couldn’t get any volume on the interview Mark. Not sure why. In any event, I expect the above comments sum up your efforts very aptly. Thanks.

17. charlie says:

wow, really great interview. i think a lot of us who are discouraged by ownership issues can at least fall back on the wonderful scouting and development guys we have running things.

Congratulations to Tiger for retiring from golf to try to get his life back to reality with appropriate priorities.

19. Charlie says:

you should have asked about the decision not to offer wolf and hudson arb. that was a dark day.

20. Mark Timmons says:

That decision had nothing to do with Logan and De Jon.

You can’t put these guys in a bad position or they will never trust you.

I would have no problem asking Ned that question.

21. ColoDodgerFan says:

Awesome interview. And I might add, this provides terrific perspective on why Colletti & Co. are slow to make any trades that involve prospects. With a second wave of great Dodger prospects only a year or two away, I applaud the organization’s patience. Let’s hope they keep ahold of Gordon, Lindblom, Miller, DeJesus, Robinson, Lambo, Withrow, etc., just like they held on to Kemp, Ethier, Loney, Martin, Billingsley, Broxton, Kershaw, etc.

22. Miguelito says:

Mark, you old dog, I miss you man! I miss our talks about the Boys in Blue!

Its good to see that you’ve remembered all those interviewing tips I gave you! J/K You did a fantastic job, a real pro! We’ll have to catch up sometime soon.

I’m not worried about our team. I have a gut feeling that ownership issues will have no effect on things. My only worry is that we lose those two guys you interviewed. I attribute a great deal of our minor league and draft success to them and they are heralded around the league and amongst their peers.

I’m really impressed with the interview though!

23. Mark Timmons says:

Miguel,

I’m not so old…

but I am a dog!

Don’t be a stranger.

Call me.

24. Robert says:

Nice work, Mark! I was all kinds of jealous this past week watching you lurk around the Winter Meetings. Good stuff!

Hope to see you at the next blogger night.

Robert
    DodgerDuugout.com

25. hiram says:

nice work mark

professional

1. [...] Logan White and De Jon Watson Interview | LADodgerTalk.com – DailyLogan White and De Jon Watson are interviewed about their outlook on the 2010 season by Mark Timmons of LADodgerTalk.com … Tags: Andre Ethier, De Jon Watson, Dodger News, Dodgers Blog, James Loney, LA Dodgers, Logan White, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Dodgers… [...]