Posted on 09 December 2009.
- After talking with lots and lots of scouts, pro personnel people and writers, I am convinced that the Dodgers did the right thing in refusing arbitration to Wolf and Hudson. There are lots of reasons why and I will articulate them later this week.
- I overheard some other scouts talking about the Dodgers Young Arms and one said “they already have better arms than they can trade for or sign. If I were them, I go with what I have.”
- There’s no doubt the Dodgers have financial constraints – all teams but the Yankees and Mets do too, but it’s not gloom and doom by any means.
- I had a 20 minute interview with De Jon Watson and Logan White today and I think you will be shocked and/or excited to hear what they say about our “much maligned farm system.” It is a great interview – I hope to have it edited by tomorrow. I just wish I could have had another 20 minutes. Josh Rawitch says this may be the first interview of Logan and De Jon together.
- Wolf is gone – allegedly 3 years/$27 -30 million – not a bad deal, but I’ll tell you why it wouldn’t have been good for the Dodgers tomorrow.
- Rule 5 Draft tomorrow.