Happly Holidays

Happly Holidays

16 Responses to “Happly Holidays”

1. Ty says:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Mark! Thanks for the good work

Hey Happy Holidays to all my fellow Dodger counterparts. I’m off for my special Birthday Brunch and ending the day at my Brothers house for Christmas Eve and growing a year older. My brother is a dumbshit Angels fan but besides that, he’s OK. My Birthday wish for today is for the Dodgers to somehow find some starting pitchers before the spring. Pitchers that can help the club, not just pitching. I can live with DeWitt at 2nd if the starting staff is upgraded. I hope the 30 million that Mark took from my offshore betting account yesterday will serve as money that Frank can use for his upcoming divorce proceedings. Then the Dodgers can become again as they say “Business as Usual” Peace

3. lawdog says:

I’ve been looking under the rocks down by the river up here in Moss Land, but so far, no cigar! Nary a single hard throwing starter. Just two 12 year old future knuckleballers and an 87 year old geezer who says he’d be a dandy second baseman if he could only see.

4. Jamie's Lovechild says:

MERRY CHRISTMAS (tomorrow)!!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday’s, and Happy New Year (real soon now).

Frank is not playing Santa this year. He is not cheering “Ho-Ho-Ho.”

But most Dodger fans are yelling at him: “Go-go-go, sell-sell-sell.”

6. Harold says:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a great season. I hope Ned has a big blue stocking hung by his chimney with care.

GO DODGERS!!

7. lawdog says:

A big blue net silk stocking for Perfectly? Sounds too kinky for him. He probably just found one left behind by the Meanie and decided to use that..

8. lawdog says:

Until measured unemployment dips below 10% and real unemployment falls below 20%, all talk about a recovering economy is lies and spin–no matter who is doing the talking. Where all al these homeless people going to live and who’s going to feed them when their unemployment runs out? During the great depression we had poor houses where people could go, but we have them no more. People could be starving to death just a few 100 yards away from you and you might not even know it.

The shelters are already filled to overflowing and “Mr. Jones” won’t give a beggar a buck so he might buy a double cheeseburger to it. (Because he believes all beggars own caddys and squander the millions they receive in handouts on booze, drugs and fast homeless women.)

If some of the large and big corporations would bring back some of their production from places like China to the U.S. — that would help the situation. Maybe a knee jerk ladder. Some folks working in fast-foods as a shift manager, might go back to managing a furniture mill, or dress or shoe factory. Then a person totally out of work comes in to the fast-food manager slot. And so on.

The chase to the bottom line for profit for the board and the company had helped to cause a lot of this.

So what new players did we get under the DODGER tree this morning???

10. lawdog says:

You hit the nail on the head Roger! Jobs will come back as those on the lowest rungs of quasi-management positions move up into better jobs. Then jobs on the lowest rungs can move up and the employed move into the vacated crap jobs.

It’s what I call the opposite of Reagan’s trickle down economics. It’s strictly a “crap trickle’s up” world and always has been.

11. lawdog says:

“Then workers on the lowest rungs can move up and the unemployed move into the vacated crap jobs.” Sheesh. I’m stumbling over my own fingers tonight…

Jobs will manifest when the banks start lending the money the taxpayers are giving them and the government starts taking care of it’s own problems instead of spending billions on nation building. It really isn’t that difficult to figure out. It’s OUR money, start using it on our own country! The Halliburtons, Bechtels and Blackwaters had 8 years to get theirs, now it’s time to for us to focus on what is going on between our own borders.

As for the Dodgers, nothing new there.

We are Denver, cold, snow, it sucks. But, we did see Avatar on an IMax screen in 3D. Wow. It was quite an experience and I strongly recommend that eveyone who can see it that way do.

• Ken says:

The world is in a fierce politcal and economic battle because never in the world’s history has there been the combination of (1) so many emerging countries simultaneously polluting the world and not paying for polution control until a majority of their citizens become middle class, (2) so many countries demanding the right to peace and security without being willing to pay the cost, and (3) such a prevalent elimination of a moral system based upon an understanding of the simultaneous good and evil of man.

Deciding what is the best solution to these problems is a political, and for some religious, issue so I will stop here.

PS Great article today by John Weisman

13. Mark Timmons says:

Avatar was Awesome.

14. Mark Timmons says:

“which I think was likely if not certain.”

That’s the key – the Dodgers weren’t certain Wolf and Hudson would have turned down arbitration.

15. Jamie's Lovechild says:

Can’t knock the grin off my face.