Congratulations Tony Jackson

Congratulations Tony Jackson

tony-bowaJust texted with Tony Jackson – he was hired by the new ESPN LA Network.

It couldn’t have happened to a better guy.

Tony is as good as they come.

I can say “I knew him when…”

19 Responses to “Congratulations Tony Jackson”

1. JDavis says:

Sweet, can’t wait!

Great to hear about Tony. We all knew he would land on his feet. Also, I’ve been gone most of the day and didn’t get a chance to see your interview until a few minutes ago. Great job. Mr Watson seems like a very smart fellow and of course Mr White is the man. I was waiting for your question about why did we give up on La Roche and Santana but I knew you had to stay friends with these guys and that could have ended the interview. Again, Great Job

Tony is a man who will not put up with the Dodger Spin. Looking forward to his insight.

Mark didn’t you predict this hire a couple of weeks ago?

Sure are a lot of deals happening in the real world. It could be worse, we could be SD fans looking at a $40 mil payroll.

4. lawdog says:

And $100 bleacher seats?

5. lawdog says:

It’s funny how an interview with two people will go sometimes. It seemed to me that De Jon Watson had the most actual information and was clearly the more articulate of the two, but it practically took an act of congress to get him to chip in his $.02 worth on an issue raised by Mover. Logan White, on the other hand, wouldn’t stop talking long enough to let De Jon talk much even if he’d wanted to do so.

But it was a great interview. Clearly the farm system is in good hands. I just hope perfectly Frank doesn’t stop throwing money at it in order to pay Meanies’ support and her attorneys fees.

I wonder how long before both of these guys get hired by the Angels.

Good news on Tony.

Let’s not lose perspective here. The odds of any of our AA players making a real difference at the Major League level in the next two years are slim. Don’t get me wrong, I am glad to hear these guys think that team will be strong, but, what are they supposed to say?

We are still going to need two more starters, and as history speaks to the issue, we will likely need a couple more before the season is over. I hope we are players at the deadline, but I can’t count on that being the case. Why you ask?

dodgerdivorce.com

With payroll already over $90 million, and the Dodgers not players this winter, will the team be able to compete to the end without giving up more of our minor league talent? Under the current conditions, will the Dodgers lead the Majors in attendance again? Or will people get so disgusted they stop paying the outragous prices to attend Dodger games? Hey, just asking.

I do appreciate and understand Mark’s attempts to avoid talking about the elephant in the room. But that pendente posse comitatus pachyderm is about to take a huge dump in the Dodger den and somebody has to pay to clean it up.

The Dodgers have good players on the field. They lost arguably their best starting pitcher and their Gold Glove second baseman and now it’s a scramble to present stability to the public.

I am on record. I ain’t buying it.

7. lawdog says:

“Pendente posse comitatus pachyderm.” WHOOOA!!! That’s a really GOOD phrase there Badge! I’m gonna have to write that one down. Kind of like “In Vino Veretas” or “Diminimus non curat lex.” Don’t you think? ;)

“In wine there is truth” I knew (lived in Napa Valley for 5 years) but the other one I had to look up. Yeah, you got that right. Our only concern to them is our vote, after that, persona non gratis. Pis upa rope dumassicus.

9. lawdog says:

“The law will not consider remedying trifles”.

Someone needs to tell Jamie and perfectly Frank that they’re nothing but mere trifles and they should just go away.

I had a box of trifles once but my kids ate them when I wasn’t looking… :)

Great interview Mark!

I would like to think that we are in good shape moving forward. But what else were Watson & White going to say? The kids we have aren’t all that? I guess we will see. The best we can hope for is continuity in our system. That was the key in the old days. We had a “Dodger way”. The orginization was on the same page from Rookie Leagues to the big leagues. That is what it will take to be a winning orginization again. we need a relativley young manager and it would be nice if he was familiar with our system (I.E Mattingley, but I prefer Kevin Kennedy) Then we keep him through thick and thin for more than a few years. Remember Tommy had a 100 loss season, now-a-days he would have been fired even if he had won in the past.

On another note: the Yankees non-tendered Wang. Prime reclaimation project canidate here in LA! We could probably get him for next to nothing. I’m just saying…

It will likely start slowly, but things should start to pick up after everyone knows who has been non-tendered.

Maybe MLB does it just to drag things out, but it would be nice if the non-tender date was the same as the date on which players have to decide whether or not to accept arbitration; which this year (and probably every year) was the date on which the Winter Meetings began.

Starting to wish I had taken Latin in high school or college.

Enjoyed the interview.

12. Magic Johnson says:

DRomo,

If Jamie were running the team, she would jump all over that “next to nothing” wang!

13. lawdog says:

You must clarify that to get the screaming Meaning’s attention. That’s “great Wang for next to nothing”. The 24 hour driver is already on the road to New York to investigate further.

14. lawdog says:

If only Congress and state legislatures would draft laws with perfectly frank, clear, unambiguous meaning would we even need to pay lawyers to make pitches to the judiciary, pimping for a finding of ambiguity and championing a particular interpretation be given to the true meaning of laws to benefit their John?

Why, half the lawyers could be replaced by scriveners and priests. Maybe even truck drivers and good hearted doormen?

If lawyers would only make themselves irrelevent?

Yeah, that will happen.

Most of our politicians are first lawyers. Either that or they are born wealthy.

16. Rob says:

Could NOT have happened to a better guy. Congrats Tony, I hope the new gig goes well, and your Holidays as well.

Great to have you back.