12-06-09 Winter Meetings Report

12-06-09 Winter Meetings Report

From the Dodgers:Winter Meetings Logo

1. The new EspnLosAngeles.com network has interviewed 3 former and current Dodger “beat writers” for the job:  Dylan Hernandez (LA Times), Tony Jackson (formerly of the Daily News), and Ken Gurnick (Dodgers.com) – we should know who they hire in a day or two.  My money is on Tony Jackson!
  2. Dennis Mannion is a stabalizing influence for the Dodgers and is currently running them and doing a “great job.”
  3. After Jamies McCourt and Dr. Charles Stienberg (a Jamie Hire) along with all their people were fired, things are running much more smoothly in the Dodgers Front Office – the Brass is presenting a “unified and undivided front.”  “There’s a lot less tension, but there will still be some as long as any possibility exists that Jamie McCourt could possibly run the team.”
  4. There were several MLB events tonight – nothing more to report.

13 Responses to “12-06-09 Winter Meetings Report”

1. SpokaneBob says:

Glad your there Mark. I look forward to whatever goodies you can come up with.

Shake things up Mark. Keep the reports coming!

3. a guy says:

Mark, you sometimes have good info, but the presentability is really killed by the constant typos and spelling mistakes. If you could eliminate those, your writing would look much better.

4. lawdog says:

Don’t worry about the typos Mark. It would kill your spontaneous style of writing and most of us here are much more interested in content that form or spelling.

Hey Bob! Did you move your store? Ruth and I were in Spokane for Thanksgiving to be with her twin sister last month and we thought about dropping in on you just to say hi and bury the old political hatchet–but I didn’t see it where it used to be. Did I just miss it or did you relocate?

5. lawdog says:

Besides, I haven’t noticed too many typos or other errors in your posts. Of course, I don’t look for them because I’m not the world’s best speller myself, but I think “a guy” is just trying to “rattle your cage” because he probably has no ability to write creatively himself and wants to inhibit your style so you’ll be no better than he. :shock:

Sory, ment “Ceying” wit kapitul “C”.

a guy,

Thiss mai kome ass uh revalashun too u, butt Mark iz actally uman lyke teh wrest off uss. Hee maks mstakes. Its disillushuning, I no, butt u’ll jist hav two deel wit itt. Moost us aroun heere r inteligent enuf to figur out wut hes ceying.

a guy is write. We all have been aksing for an edit capability in here for some tyme now.

But, having said that, a guy could come in with someting more than that. He could come in like Magic Johnson did and call us a bunch of crybabies.

9. Mark Timmons says:

A Guy = A Critic.

A-Guy (A-Hole?),

See, I don’t care. I’m not a writer and don’t try to be. If you are, maybe you should get your own blog. FYI, I cannot use the last three fingers on my right hand to type, so if you look at the typos, maybe you can figure out why I make some of them…

I am also a speed-reader but can only type 40 WPM.

No apologoies, however – I do the best I can without proof-reading.

Beans and Franks are making a new definition for the phrase “Moneyball”. The next moves may be trading Pierre for a lousey expensive starting pitcher and Sherrill for a lousey inexpensive starting pitcher. Weaver, Milton, Belliard, and Eyechart will probably be too expensive for the “Counterfeit Money Ball” Dodger owners.

11. SpokaneBob says:

a guy needs to get a life!

Lawdog, Same location as before, but I no longer own the store. Hope you had a nice visit.

Give “a guy” a break. We have been here before. Every so often we get someone to correct us in our ways.

Obviously “a guy” wants to make us better people. I appreciate his concern for typos and mistakes for our leader Mr. Timmons. “a guy” wants us to be better spellers and Mark to be a better writer. Thank you “a guy”! Damn it I was getting a little sick of bad spelling here too. Lets all chip in and do our part to bring a spelling championship to LADODGERTALK.com!

Thank you for your contribution to this blog Mr “a guy”. Thanks for having a great baseball take too. We don’t need starting pitching and we don’t need bench help or a 2B. No, what we need is a good spell check guy. I will forward you r impressive first effort here to the PR department of the Dodgers. How could they not offer you a job on the spot? After all without proper spelling, grammar and other finer aspects of the Kings English we could never enjoy this great game. So damnit you guys give “a guy” a break.

And on behalf of the panel here Thank You!!

13. lawdog says:

“What’s that now, 10 hands in a row??? Nobody’s that lucky, Doc!”

“Maybe poker’s just not your game, Ike. I know, let’s have a spellin’ contest!” :shock: