The Way It Should Be…

The Way It Should Be…

-happy-big-bird-thanksgiving1Happy Thanksgiving!  We all have a lot to be thankful for.  We live in the greatest Nation on Earth.  We have more freedom than anyone.

While it’s not Utopia, it is pretty good compared to other places.  Give thanks for what you have and be thankful you are Dodger Fans – the Greatest Team is the World!

Now, when you have a few minutes, read this (Warning:  You will be moved):

9 Responses to “The Way It Should Be…”

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Well it was great day for us. We went to a huge vegetarian feast with our Sedona friends, then for a hike up below Coffee Pot Rock on Sugarloaf. Beautiful day here, 70 and sunny.

Today we are going for a walk around Bell Rock, then on to see what Black Friday might offer around here.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

I wonder what Frankenjamie did?

No Dodger news, so – off I go.

Which is more cost effective Buy v. Build? Buy a real coach and let him build an ACE. Don’t sign an ACE – Halliday, sign a coach – Maddux!

Scioscia, Lopes and Hershiser should be working for this organization. Was it the evil Fox ownership that severed the ties, or, did it happen before them? I think it was Fox.

First Fox, then the McClowns. What a run.

5. A Shot of Haeger says:

The McCourts may be clowns, but the team has been successful during their tenure…. you can’t really say that about the Fox ownership.

We aren’t on a sinking ship…..

Remember,

thinking positive is difficult, but ultimately worth it. “Goudin”

I don’t know how this is going to play out… no one here really does… it could end up being an implosion of epic proportions, or it could work itself out.

This is what I do know…. I’d rather be in our situation than the situation in Montreal….where there’s no baseball team to cheer for anymore… I’m thankful I have a team I can still root for.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a championship, but I’m okay if we just have a team. Because if you’re in the game, no matter what the situation, you still have a chance.

This team will be fine.

“The McCourts may be clowns, but the team has been successful during their tenure”

Fox was a disaster. We can all agree on that.

I would say we have been only moderately successful during the McCourt ownership. And let me explain what I mean by that.

The year they took over we won 84 games, there were 13 teams in MLB with better records. In 2005 we won only 71. In 2006, 88 wins with 7 better teams in MLB. In 2007 82 wins, 15 better records. In 2008 84 wins and 13 better records. The only 90 win season during their ownership was last year and we once again got our asses handed to us by a far better team. During this span, the Los Angeles Dodgers were always near the top of MLB in attendance and could have easily afforded a top 5 payroll but never did. So, bringing in massive revenues doesn’t necessarily translate into winning pennants and WS Championships.

Of course the Dodgers won’t sink. Nobody said they would. This is the Los Angeles Dodgers we are talking about. They will draw 3 million by accident. They have a rich cable deal on the horixon. What can sink at this time are the McJamies. And frankly, I for one hope they do. The Dodgers are a class franchise and deserve better ownership. These people are frauds. I hope they are run out of town.

7. A Shot of Haeger says:

I’m with you on that.. with what I’ve heard we do deserve better than them… but we aren’t on a sinking ship to crapville that a lot of people think we are. We can still be successful with what we have. I believe this.

I agree. WE can be good, but I don’t think we are championship caliber right now. We are losing some key players, and until we sign all our youngsters, and until some moves are made to bolster this pitching staff, we just won’t know how good this team is.

Don’t forget that after that torrid start, the Dodgers were pretty much a .500 club the second half, and exactly .500 in the play-offs. With Hudson and Wolf gone, how do we replace them?

If only the team could be sold quickly, to a guy like Mark Cuban, I would be much more confident.

9. A Shot of Haeger says:

I don’t think we were a World Series team last season and the season before that. I know I’m positive guy and I was thinking positive, but reality is reality. All we have to do is be good enough to make it into the playoffs, then anything can happen. The more games our players play in the post season, the easier it’ll be for them to advance farther down the line. Our youngsters will improve and we’ll be fine.