Mark Loretta? That bum is a waste of roster space!Ronnie Belliard? Why should he start over Hudson.
Jeff Weaver? Keep McDonald on the playoff roster for crying out loud!
Jim Thome? Forget it, he’s shot!
Juan Castro? Why waste a spot for him when he won’t play?
It was Joe Torre who decided which guys he wanted on the playoff roster, and four of the five have already made an impact.
The Big Dodger in the Sky had a say in all this, including when he “blinded” Matt Halliday in the 9th inning.
- Jeff Weaver saved our bacon when he took over for Randy Wolf in Game #1.
- Jim Thome was drilled by Wainright, who didn’t want to lose the game by a HR to Thome (say what you want, Wainright hit him on purpose and I don’t blame him). Thome puts fear into the other teams’ pitcher.
- Mark Loretta won the game by driving in the winning run last night.
- Ronnie Belliard drove in the tying run last night.
- Juan Castro? He’s really the only backup SS if Raffy were to get injured. O-Dog, Belliard or Loretta can’t play SS unless it’s an emergency one inning gig. We may need him before this series is over.
We are up 2-0. Joe Torre is a genius!
I could see us making a move in the next series if we play the Phillies. That being adding Scott Elbert to the roster, since the Phillies have so many LH hitters.
The Big Dodger in the Sky is smiling. Conventional wisdom says we don’t beat Carpenter and Wainright. Conventional wisdom doesn’t faze the Big Dodger in the Sky!
Now, we better close it out on Saturday, because Carpenter AND Wainright will be tough to beat again! Kick ‘em while they are down. Show no mercy and take no prisoners!