- Jim Thome didn’t get a chance when Adam Wainright drilled him rather than pitch to him. My 10 year-old said “So that’s how he handles that?” (speaking of Wainright).
Wainright wasn’t going to get beat by Thome. He made his mind up about that.
- Clayton Kershaw didn’t have his “A Game,” but he pitched out of jam-after-jam and only walked one – he kept us in the game, and pitched well enough to win against anyone… except Wainright! As a side point, Clayton Kershaw is a man! Koufax had 5 seasons with and ERA below 3.00. Clayton has one and is now four behind Koufax. However, Koufax got his first when he was 26 years-old. Enjoy this kid – he’s special!
- Matt Holliday opened the door a crack and we busted down the rest of it – winning in our last at-bat for the 23rd time this year.
- The Cards out hit us by a 2-1 margin, but they left 15 on-base and we only stranded 4. Destiny was smiling upon us.
- Mark Loretta was 0-15 against Ryan Franklin in his career when he drove in the winning run.
- It looks like these just might be Destiny’s Dodgers – 21 years later!