Captain Insano Show No Mercy

Captain Insano Show No Mercy

This is it!  These last three games determine home-field advantage as well as the division championship.  I say “Captain Insano Shows NoCaptain Insano Mercy!”  We have beat the Rockies like rented mules all year.  No reason to show mercy now.  Just beat them down!  Ubaldo Jimenez is 0-3 with a 7.77 earned-run average in four starts against the Dodgers this season.  We should serve him more of the same.   “Captain Insano Shows No Mercy!”  Our record against the Rockies is 12-3.  We need to break their will and make it 15-3!

It time for Manny Ramirez to take matters into his own hands and I believe that he will, starting tonight.  Matt Kemp has been our best hitter all season.  Hands down, he’s our MVP.  Andre Ethier has been struggling mightily of late.   Ethier is mired in a 1 for 29 (.034) slump.  Dylan Hernandez of the LA Times writes this:

Ethier hasn’t hit well on the road (.238, compared with .306 at home) or against left-handers (.189, compared with .302 against right-handers). The NL scout who spoke of how much the Dodgers need Ramirez said he would sit Ethier against left-handers.

“He’s an out,” the scout said. “Play Juan Pierre.”

But the same scout thinks the Dodgers still have a chance to reach the World Series.

Why? Because of Ramirez.

“To me, he’s still a scary guy,” the scout said. “I don’t care. He’s still one of the best hitters in the game.”

Man up! “Captain Insano Shows No Mercy!”  Randy Wolf, who has never pitched in the playoffs, can show if he’s a worthy game 1 starter, but in order to win tonight and the rest of this weekend, it’s up to our middle of the order hitters AND Casey Blake, who we have missed.  He is the “Quiet Glue” that holds this team together.

There’s no more time to talk.  It’s about doing.    ”Captain Insano Shows No Mercy!”

69 Responses to “Captain Insano Show No Mercy”

Game 1 of our playoffs starts tonight!! These games set the tone for how we go into next week.

I am going to be positive starting right…NOW!

Our leader Mark says “Change your thinking , Change your life”. I’ll give it a shot.

2. ClemsonRamsDodgersMatt says:

GO Dodgers! Got the beers on ice. Hope I get to have em tonight!

3. Ty says:

I wouldn’t bench Ethier vs lefties but I definitely wouldn’t bat him third vs them. Move Kemp to three

4. ken says:

We need more excitement (stress?)

If the Phillies go 1-1, the Cards go 2-0, the Dodgers go 0-2, and the Rockies go 2-0, then on Sunday the Dodgers will actually experience real playoff pressure to win while hoping that the other 3 teams lose that day. All 4 NL teams will be better for the pressure and then one of them might be able to beat the AL representative. Go all NL teams! Or maybe not.

5. Vigilante says:

I have been saying all season (only my Doberwoman listens to me) that Manny should be green-lighted to swing at the first hittable pitch he sees, because that 1st strike will be the best pitch he will get. Deep in the count doesn’t work for him. I’m still laboring under the impression that the dude can still hit – and hit a ton. If I’m wrong, and Torre knows that he no longer can hit, then that explain why Joe just has him up there for the occasional base on balls. If that’s the case, that Manny is done, then we’re done, and let’s wait until next year.

• Kay in L.A. says:

Amen, Vigilante! I recall Manny getting his hits, his HRs, within seconds of stepping up to the plate, before I can even say, “Go Manny!”

• Vigilante says:

Comment on the 1st inning tonight:

Like I said, Manny took the 1st pitch, a hittable 100 MPH strike at the knees. It was the best pitch he would get. Two pitches later, he was out. Looking. Guess he can’t hit the fast ball any more. The Dogs are done. Wait until next year.

If Manny is done this year, then we are done for both years as he will coming back.

What we need is for him to go ape in the play-offs and then get offers o’plenty from American League teams.

I don’t believe Manny has any restrictions on swinging at strike one. It may be an approach that is taught by Mattingly, but no batting instructor will tell Manny to take a pitch – for two reasons – 1. you don’t ever tell a great hitter he has to look at a pitch he likes and 2. most importantly, Manny wouldn’t listen.

• Vigilante says:

Well, Badger, I want to think you’re right about that. But I’m asking myself then, who or what keeps Manny from swinging at delectable-looking pitches early in the count when he didn’t used to? Does he new prescription on his contacts? As far as others hitting early in the count, that depends on opposing pitcher, of course. Too often during this season I have thought that Mattingly’s approach of running up the pitch count was wrong-footing this team of ours. But it does comes down to can they hit or can’t they hit? What I want any batter to do is to swing at the right pitches. What tires out opposing pitchers are runners on the bases.

7. Illini Dodger says:

Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstance. ~Bruce Barton

I BELIEVE.

Since I am full of optimism today, this is what I see happening:

The Boys win tonight. We clinch the division. The Rockies have nothing left to play for since they will be the Wild Card so they will rest their regulars (Hawp, Tulo, Helton, etc.). We should have a better time aginst that lineup to lock down the best record. We win Saturday we clinch the best record regardless of what Philly might do because we hold the tie breaker against them. THE POINT IS, tonight’s game is critical. Tonight is the most important game of the season (that is not an overstatement).

“I gotta feelin’. That tonight’s gonna be a good night….”

My guess is that Manny is a guess hitter and goes up there with a plan in mind. Maybe he isn’t looking for a fastball down the middle on the first pitch. Maybe when that happens he is thinking this guy will start him off with a slider hoping he dives for it. I don’t really know what goes on his head. Who could? It is just my own personal hitting philosophy that you always look for a tubed fastball on the first pitch. If you get it, that will likely be the most hittable pitch you will see in the sequence. If the pitcher gets a different pitch over for a strike, well, it wasn’t the most hittable pitch anyway so, give it to him. Whatever it is, if he hangs it, well, you must decide whether to go for it or not.

“Light tomorrow with victory today. Leave us not wait for greatness, take it upon yourselves to bend history today.” Badger

The new Romo is in town and I’m following this lead. Go Blue.

TODAY is the most important day of the season.

And if we don’t win it’s a shame. Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks. I got the fever baby……………..
    Let’s play two……………….

12. SpokaneBob says:

It seems that even when Manny gets his pitch, he misses or fouls it off. I hope he comes out of that soon.

Same with Ethier, but lets hope being back home will have a postive effect on him and the whole team. I hope he got lucky last night.

I hope Casey can play, we need him.

Tonight is important. If we get to Sunday tied with the Rockies, it won’t matter if we win or lose, we will be toast for the post season. We need to step up as a team AND KICK SOME BUTT!

Go Dodgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manny is just a shadow of what he was doing this time last year. He hit .229 in September. Ethier isn’t hitting either and if both of these guys stay cold, it will be a short post season for the Dodgers.

According to the Dodger report, they don’t yet know what they are going to do with Kershaw.

RHP Hiroki Kuroda (neck stiffness) was scratched from his Oct. 3 start.

3B Casey Blake (sore left hamstring) did not play Sept. 23-30. He is day-to-day.

INF Ronnie Belliard (strained left groin) did not play Sept. 28-30. He is day-to-day.

Day to day. That’s what this team is all right. I sure hope it’s today.

14. Blue Haze says:

You should all feel good, Wolf is going tonight, he is a stud. The offense only needs a few runs, the earlier the better. Look for the Dodgers to knock Jiminez out before the fifth inning.

No more excuses for Manny, he is just, flat out, missing pitches that he should be stroking. Maybe he isn’t willing to work as hard as used to now, now that he is off the juice. That stuff plays mind-tricks as well with those guys.

15. A Shot of Haeger says:

You know my feelings. Think positive. We’ve been good in the past against Jimenez. Hopefully we can continue that!

Go Dodgers! Let’s kick some butt

16. tdf says:

Dodgers are down but not out, hopefully they drink some high quality h20 get back up and win the whole thing. gooooo blue!

17. ken says:

Friday – Jimenez (RHP) – Get to him in the first inning before he gets comfortable with the Dodger mound. Attack him like the free swinging Giants did a couple of weeks ago. After that he will be very good. GO/AO 1.70 hit the ball the other way and do not try and pull this guy!!

Saturday – De La Rosa (LHP) – Play small ball like SD and take walks against this guy. GO/AO 1.24 hit the ball up the middle.

Sunday – Marquis (RHP) – Play small ball like SD and take walks against this guy. GO/AO 2.04 hit the ball the other way and do not try and pull this guy!!

The Rockies staff is able to prove by their pitching style whether the Dodgers just care about their individual stats or whether the coaching staff is competent enough to teach them to finally be team players. This 3 game series should prove a lot. Watch and we will learn who the Dodgers really are.

Ned – GM of the year
    Tracey – Coach of the year
    Pujols – MVP
    Carpenter – Cy Young

18. Mark Timmons says:

LaDodgerTalk – Blog of the Year
    Mark Timmons – Gentleman of the Year

19. LADODGERDAVE says:

all me celebratory drinks on ice have floating in a warm pool of muggy water for 2 weeks now…….skunked….

dodgers please send a check for all my ruined drinks to:

Ladodgerdave
    1988 better happen again
    washington d.c.

thanks

20. Mark Timmons says:

This place is flowing with Positive Energy. The Big Dodger in the Sky will help channel that to the Dodger players tonight and the rout will be on!

Tommy needs to address the team tonight. Get all 25+ men pulling on the same end of the rope and get it done for us! “We can do it”

I noticed I am not the only one complaining about Eric Collins. Pasche, Slimers, other blogs, I see it everywhere. Today I got an e-mail like most of you, to take a survey on the Dodger broadcast team. That has NEVER happened before I am sure. This can not be a coinky-dink. But enough of that negativity!

Think Positive! ,Think Blue! !

22. Illini Dodger says:

WE ALL BELIEVE!

I can’t stop believing. I am amped for tonights game.
    Let’s go Dodgers clap clap, clapclapclap
    Let’s go Dodgers clap clap, clapclapclap
    Let’s go Dodgers clap clap, clapclapclap

24. Blue Haze says:

I think you can still get a shot for that BRuss.

There is a reason the Dodgers dominated the Rox this season, it wasn’t coincidence, it was the match-ups.

In that same vain, there is a reason the Cards dominated the Dodgers this season…

But, first things first,

Oh no, damn it —

Let’s go Dodgers clap clap, clapclapclap
    Let’s go Dodgers clap clap, clapclapclap
    Let’s go Dodgers clap clap, clapclapclap

BRuss gave me the clap

25. A Shot of Haeger says:

Here we go Dodgers!!! Here we go!!!

Just believe baby!!!!

26. ken says:

Philly, St. Louis ooo we wanna go there
    Denver, Boston come on also rans
    Detroit, Anaheim baby why don’t we go to
    New York

After the season
    There’s a place they call World Series
    That’s where you wanna go to win it all

Balls hit into the stands
    Tropical drink melting in my hand
    Well be cheering all night
    To the rhythm of a steel drum band
    At the World Series

Philly, St. Louis ooo we wanna go there
    Denver, Boston come on also rans
    Detroit, Anaheim baby why don’t we go to

Ooo we wanna go to the World Series
    Well sweep some series fast
    And then well take it slow
    That’s where we wanna go
    All the way to the World Series

To play the American League, that Cooperstown mystique

We’ll go on the road
    And well perfect our team chemistry
    By and by well defy thier momentum

A day or night game will be a delight
    Cocktails and moonlit nights
    That hopeful look in our eyes
    Give me a Dodger Blue high
    When we get to the World Series

Philly, St. Louis ooo we wanna go there
    Denver, Boston come on also rans
    Detroit, Anaheim baby why don’t we go to

Ooo we wanna go to the World Series
    Well sweep some series fast
    And then well take it slow
    That’s where we wanna go
    All the way to the World Series

San Fran you might wanna catch a glimpse

Everybody knows
    A little time like the World Series
    Now if you wanna go
    And celebrate it all
    Go all the way to the World Series

27. Mr.Mike says:

There IS something in the air tonight, can you feel it? Hold on :}

I BELIEVE

Dude Ken you are too much…I worry about you. OK the fever is in the air. The beer is on ice!

LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!

30. Mark Timmons says:

If that was Kokomo…

‘er well…

What is going on in here?

Yea team! Go team go, fight team fight, win team win!

More importantly, what is going on on the field in L.A.?

Obviously the Rockies came to play. Wolf with 37 pitches to get through 1. 2 zip before we look at a pitch.

Nice at bat Manny – good morning, good afternoon and good night. 100 mph fastballs can do that to a guy.

• Vigilante says:

Don’t miss my comment above, Badger. I posted it before the 1st inning was over. I rest my case. 100 MPH used to be what the old M. Ramirez used to have for lunch munchies. He’s done. We’re done. Good night, indeed.

33. Mr.Mike says:

See the ball, hit the ball. Manny is trying to out think the pitcher and is becoming a black hole that is enveloping everything he touches. Will someone please give Manny a placebo.

34. Vigilante says:

Let me know how it all turns out. I can’t bare to watch a good team snuffed by management.

35. Mr.Mike says:

Randy is a sheep in wolves clothing tonight. He doesn’t have it tonight Joe, please don’t ask no more of him, he needs to catch his breath. Let Charlie get into their heads.

I believ

3 through 6 hitters with 6 K’s already, 4 in a row, with Ramirez and Blake 2 each. Blake caught looking twice.

Somebody needs to step up.

I belie

39. Mr.Mike says:

We need Juan to wake up deese bums. These guys are more boring than… Google Search? Nearest bridge? 911, frantic screaming “my team is comotose and I don’t think there is any pulse, can you send help please …hurry please because Manny sucks!

I beli

Troncoma is pitching

42. we are in the 5th and manny has stuck out 3 time..and he was 0 and two both time…he is not the hitter he was..

I Bel

3 hits and no runs in 15 innings? Who are these guys?

Blake and Ramirez look completely overmatched.

Bring on the relievers and let’s hope we can get to them. Jimenez with 115 piches and blowing the Dodgers away.

45. ken says:

My scouting reports says do not pull this guy. The Dodger swings are mostly pull swings. They deserve to lose with their passive rebellious attitudes,

2009 Wild Card Winners:

Los Angeles Dodgers!

Congrats!!!

The weather will be nice in Philly next week. Goodnight fellas, I am drinking a consolation beer. Lets try again tomorrow.

47. Illini Dodger says:

Michael Korda:
    To succeed, we must first believe that we can.

Nikos Kazantzakis:
    By believing passionately in something that does not yet exist, we create it.

Win or lose tonight.

I BELIEVE!

Wake up Romo, something is happening that I can’t explain.

49. Illini Dodger says:

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.

Tommy Lasorda

50. ken says:

Finally some batters going the other way. Finally, finally, finally, finally….

Runners are just magicly appearing on the basepaths.

I Be

53. Vigilante says:

Four times Ramirez let the 1st strike go bye-bye. Four times he went swish, swish, swish. Put him on the DL along with Thome. Put Pierre in and let’s play some ball.

54. Illini Dodger says:

I need a hero
    Im holding out for a hero til the end of the night
    Hes gotta be strong
    And hes gotta be fast
    And hes gotta be fresh from the fight
    I need a hero
    Im holding out for a hero til the morning light
    Hes gotta be sure
    And its gotta be soon
    And hes gotta be larger than life

Is that song from the movie Footloose?

I B

57. Illini Dodger says:

Keep the faith…………………..

58. Illini Dodger says:

Furcal

OK, here we go. Bottom of the 9th

I
    I tryed

61. ken says:

Pull Manny Pull

Free Pierre

62. Vigilante says:

And Bill Russell says, “.”

63. just dont know what to say…going down in history as one of the teams that just blew it.

64. A Shot of Haeger says:

I still believe we’re going to win tomorrow and win the World Series. I can live with being disappointed if I’m wrong, but if I’m right…. I’m going to enjoy the I told you so’s.

They’re playing really bad right now… there’s no doubt about it…. but I refuse to think negatively…. REFUSE….

I root with blinders on… maybe I’m naive to cheer for my team this way…. but I know this statement for a fact…..

There is nobody on this planet who is 100% sure what is going to happen tomorrow… and as long as there is a glimmer of the unknown… then anything can happen.

This is a good team… We still have the best record in the NL. We just have to support the team during their triumphs and tribulations. It’s easy to support a team when they’re playing well. It’s not so easy to support them when they aren’t…. but it can be done. Imagine..still supporting your team..even after they lose

I still believe Joe Torre is the best manager for this team, right now.
    I still think we can win the Series whether or not Manny starts hitting. When players struggle, other players have to step up. I believe once the playoffs start, everyone will step up and we’ll see some competitive games.

Ken, your song lyrics were good in the beginning…now they’re just long and boring. I can appreciate the effort it takes to come up with them… but they aren’t very good anymore. Maybe you should just wait and write a song for when the Dodgers win the title.