It’s all in the perspective, unless you want to look at it some other way.
- “Chad Billingsley is a bum, because he has been horrible and has a 4.05 ERA!” Did you know that Cole Hamels has a 4.07 ERA and the guy who some want to take Bills place in the roattaion has a 4.02 ERA? Did you know that Jake Peavy had a 4.09 ERA in 2006 (for the season)? He had sub-3.00 ERA’s the two years before and two years after. It’s all about perspective.
- Cole Hamels just reveled that earlier in the year, he had an elbow problem, which was preventing him from throwing all his pitches. “He’s a trooper -he plays through pain.” “He’s selfish, putting himself over the team.” How you feel depends upon your perspective.
- “We can’t win the Series without Billingsley.” “We can’t win the Series with Billingsley.” Again, it’s your perspective!
I can’t say if Chad Billingsley will be in the playoff rotation, simply because there’s still time for him to turn it around. Will he? I have no opinion. How you look at something depends upon a variety of factors, including how you were raised, your relationships, your life experience and your proclivity to negativity or positivism. Your perspective is unique to you and we all have some type of different perspective. Perspective keeps things interesting. Keep your perspective, but be respectful. That’s all!
RANTS & RAVES
- One bunt this year and Casey Blake gets it down perfectly today. While there are lots of better 3B, there aren’t many better role players and teammates. Maybe he can teach Russ Martin how to bunt…
- A couple of months ago, someone regailed me when I said that Andre Ethier could be a 40 HR player next year. Does anyone still think that’s not possible?
- Ronnie Freaking Belliard! What a pickup!
- I might take back what I said about us not being able to win the Series without C-Bill – Something tells me that Garland, Wolf and Kershaw will step up! Kuroda too…
- According to Ken Gurnick, “No player in franchise history has had a season with at least 25 homers, 100 RBIs, 30 steals and a .300 average.” Matt Kemp might be the first.
- Who IS the Dodgers’ MVP? Ethier or Kemp? Or both?
- From Kensai of Memories of Kevin Malone:
A baseball prospect for the San Francisco Giants is the main suspect in the killing of a 25-year-old man in the Dominican Republic, police said Sunday. Angel Villalona turned himself in 12 hours after the man was shot at a bar in the southern coastal city of La Romana, Col. Adrian Urbaez told The Associated Press. The 19-year-old was considered the Giants’ most prized prospect when he signed and was chosen the top prospect in the Arizona Rookie League two years ago. Villalona will appear in court Monday and could face up to 20 years in prison if found guilty in the Saturday night killing of Mario Felix de Jesus Velete, police said.
- From Eric Stephen of True BlueLA: ” Randy Wolf passed the 200-inning plateau for the first time since 2003, and triggered the final incentive bonus clause of his contract, bringing his total 2009 salary to $8 million. Over his last six starts, Wolf is 6-0 with a 2.41 ERA, and he has pitched at least six innings in 16 consecutive starts.”
- Magic Number to Clinch Playoff Spot – 4
- Magic Number to Clinch Pennant – 7
- Take a day off tomorrow! Colts vs. Fins Monday Night!
- Dodgers in DC on Tuesday.