- If there was any doubt, it is painfully apparent that Chad Billingsly has deep-seated psychological problems. Fear of
success can be just as paralyzing as fear of failure. Many people fear success because it tests their limits and makes them vulnerable to new situations. Even worse, success can expose weaknesses and force people to deal with their flaws. Success is scary because it involves change. Success can be intimidating and hard to handle. With success comes more challenges and responsibilities – and that can be threatening. Sometimes people fear success because they don’t know if they can live up to their achievements. They don’t think they’re good enough or smart enough. They’re afraid they don’t have what it takes to rise to the challenge, and they don’t know if they can sustain their success.And that’s where self-sabotaging behavior comes in. Self-sabotaging behavior is an obvious “call for help.” Was Chad traumatized as a child? Does he have a complex that doesn’t allow him to achieve a degree of success? What is it? I haven’t a clue,but he gives up just one hit in hit stint and allows 3 runs with it. It’s time to look at his “inner child.” I mean, the guy was absolutely dominant the first five innings. Then, he walks 2 batters and blows the game. He sabotaged himself (subconsciously, of course). Change his thinking and you have an ACE! I am not saying this to be mean or disrespectful and I believe that Chad will overcome this. He could actually do it pretty quickly, but he has to seek help. Maybe he already is… Again, I think he will overcome it and we will be none the wiser…
- Stick a fork in O-Dog – Just like I predicted, he will not finish the season. Nice guy. He’s a fragile individual. Now you know why Ned got Ronnie Belliard. They say he’s not hurt – I don’t believe it. He is hurt!
- James McDonald will not be on the playoff roster. He just won’t. Trust me.
- James Loney made some nice plays last night at 1B. He is looking confident and prepared on defense and is playing Gold Glove Caliber Defense. He has 90 RBI and has an outside chance at 100. He will be on the playoff roster. Trust me.
- If the Dodgers decide to keep Chad Billingsley in the rotation, might Clayton Kershaw pitch out of the pen? It’s an interesting thought.
- Both Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp made bonehead plays in the outfield costing us 2 runs. They both looked like their heads were somewhere else. WAKE UP, PEOPLE!
- Rafael Furcal is looking like his old self. Was he just saving it for the Big Dance?
- We need to keep winning. Last night’s loss was not acceptable. We need home field advantage to compensate for the Cards and Phillies multiple aces.
- I predicted that we would win 94-98 games. It looks like that was a pretty good guess….