Bad Penny

Bad Penny

Just like a Bad Penny to come back again.  I have destroyed all my Dodger phots of Penny and the Dodgers should destroy him today.  I will not said anything bad about someone who is gone:

Hit This!
Hit This!

So, “HE’S GONE!  GOOD!”

I would love it if we score 20 today!

Nice win last night.  There is hope yet for James Loney.  If he could match his road production at Dodger Stadium he’d have 24 HR.  How different would the team look then?  If he can hit 12 on the road, he should be able to do better at home.

If Chad Billingsley isn’t hurt, today would be a good day to step it up!

I’m headed to Ft. Wayne to see the Great Lakes Loons play the Ft. Wayne Tin Caps this afternoon.  I’ll have a full report tomorrow.

Loons-TinCaps

Minor League Recap – 9/12/09 by Jared of http://thinkbluela.blogspot.com/
Great Lakes won 11-10

Dee Gordon – 3 for 5, 2B, 2 RBI, 3 R, K, HBP (.444 BA)
Jaime Pedroza – 2 for 4, HR (2), 3 RBI, 2 R, 2 BB (.267 BA)
Kyle Russell – 1 for 5, R, BB, 3 K’s, SB (.176 BA)
Alfredo Silverio – 2 for 5, RBI, R, 2 K’s (.235 BA)
Jerry Sands – 1 for 5, 2 RBI, K (.250 BA)

Geison Aguasviva – 0.1 IP, 2 Hits, ER, 0 BB, 0 K’s (2.45 ERA)

Ogden lost 7-2

BCG – 0 for 4, 2 K’s (.000 BA)
Angelo Songco – 1 for 4, R, K (.250 BA)
JT Wise – 0 for 3, BB (.000 BA)
Clay Calfee – 1 for 3, RBI, R, BB, 2 K’s (.333 BA)
Nick Akins – 1 for 3, 2B, RBI, K (.333 BA)

Allen Webster – 3.1 IP, 4 Hits, 5 ER, 0 BB, 0 K’s (13.50 ERA)

Player of the day – Jaime Pedroza, 2B

For the second day in a row, Pedroza has hit a season-saving home run. Yesterday, it was a game-winner in the 10th inning. Today, it was a game-tier in the 9th. Add to that the fact that he scored the tying run in the 10th and you have 3 amazingly clutch performances in just a pair of playoff games. What a way to celebrate his 23rd birthday.

19 Responses to “Bad Penny”

I never felt like we were going to win the game when Penny was pitching for us so why would I ever feel that he could beat us? He’s just a big blow hard spoiled brat baby. He always looks like he’s about to throw a tantrum on the mound if the ump doesn’t call a strike on something close around the plate. I will tell you how I really feel later in the day. Prediction is the Dodgers take him out early. He goes four innings tops. It’s now time for a little football and I’ll switch gears to baseball at 1:00 pm. Go Blue

While what you say about him is true, Penny’s stuff was always good. He was, is, and will likely always be a knucklehead.

Kyle Russell at .176? A 23 year old in A ball hitting under .200 can hardly be considered a prospect.

Should Hu get as much or more playing time than Belly?

4. lawdog says:

Hu has as much chance of playing as Haeger has of pitching from now until we clinch the pennant. Torre prefers old mediocre players to young ones that might be on the verge of stardom. Once we’re in the playoffs (I predict we’ll be the wild card–the Rocks are on a roll and we’re just playing .667 ball–you won’t see anybody play who wasn’t a regular during the season. Belliard might sub for O-Dog on ocaision. O-Dog is losing it as the season winds down. Furcal will stay in for his defense.

Hu deserves a looksee just like Haeger. Maybe if he gets traded to a rebuilding team he’ll get his chance.

5. SpokaneBob says:

Last night Vinny told about how one of the SF reporters asked Penny how he felt about pitching aginst the Dodgers with 42,000 Dodger haters in the stands. Penny replied 42,001 Dodger haters.

Now this just may be to state that he is a Giant now and therefore on their side, but we know its deeper than that. I hope we beat him so bad that it makes the first two games look like squeekers.

Fron Family Guy…

HaHa How funny…he say “Shame on you for being proud of your country” and he is proud of her country too. Is sarcasum! very funny!

Is Chad melting down already?! Thanks for showing up today.

7. Illini Dodger says:

Gettin’ shut out by Penny. So much for revenge. Maybe in LA.

So this just proves that Penny is a head case that he can be motivated to pitch well and does when he is not feeling “violated”. Get Over It!

IT IS TIME TO SHUT BILLS DOWN FOR THE YEAR

Law Dog Can you hear this through the internet? “I can not pitch Haeger because we are no longer 7 runs down but only 5 and he is too young and inexperienced even though he has only had one bad inning all year. So I will bring in the most overworked relief pitcher in the NL. Wow it worked this time so I am the Genius of all NL Managers!”

Say what you want about Penny, he got us today.

The story about him is his run ins with Bowa because Penny refused to do a damn thing when he was injured. Penny is a lazy fat ass with a $100 arm and a 10 cent head. He is playing for a team that will not go anywhere this year. So he beat us. Look at whose pennant is flying in first place on that pole in “your” stadium butthead.

They also said Kershaw will not pitch soon.

“Is Sarcasum”?

Family Guy should be good tonight.

10. Illini Dodger says:

I didn’t have great expectations of a victory in this game. Our worst starter was on the mound against a team who we kicked like a mangy dog for the last 2 games in front of their home crowd. I’ll take 2 of 3 against SF in their home park all year long. Pirates won today snapping a 5 game losing streak. I think we should help them start another losing streak tomorrow. Let’s hope the Big Blue Wrecking Crew shows up against the Bucs, and not those other guys who can’t drive in runs.

11. Illini Dodger says:

The Cards and the Rox appear to be cooling off a bit. It’s about time.

12. lawdog says:

Ahhh–but the only bright spot today (beside Martin going yard again) has to be the fact that when Bigelow man brought Haeger in to pitch down 7-2 and his having threatened to go on the disabled list from so many splinter infections on his ass from riding poine for the last month, and he obviously has n o command at all over the dancer. So what’s Haeger do? He shuts the Gigantes down 1-2-3 and gets a strikeout despite hanging half the danc ers he threw.

FREE CHUCK HAEGER!

With all our pitchers going down as the season winds down I can’t believe he won’t give Haeger a start in the next few days. Vinny said it would either be Haeger or the guy who gave up 4 runs in less than 2 full innings today in long relief of Bills Penny. How can there be any question? Pitch Haeger and you’ll get shut out ball interspersed with an occasional solo gopher ball. Pitch Weaver and you’ll be down by 7 by the time you get to the 5th.

13. Illini Dodger says:

Uh…… Badger, I’m not a Giants fan, but I may be a “butthead.” ;]

14. Illini Dodger says:

…or were you referring to the “butthead” Brad Penny?

Shut Chad down! Lawdog is right..FREE CHARLIE KNUCKLES!

I predicted yesterday Penny would be lights out and Bills would meltdown. I hope it wouldn’t happen but you could almost see it coming. Thank God the Padres pulled through for us.

Get the kid a shrink. Lets kick some Pirate butt this week!

Peace fellas!

I was talking to Penny Illini. During the game they showed the National League West team pennants on a flagpole somewhere at PacBell/Verizon/TMobile/USWest/AT&T Park and the Giants flag was in the middle. The Dodger flag was flying high atop the pole. I don’t know you but I would be willing to bet the farm Penny is a bigger butthead than you are.

We had better make hay at home this coming week. I see a 9 game road trip on the horizon with 7 of them on the East Coast. Yeah, it’s against the Nats and Pierats, but, wouldn’t they love to be spoilers. It sure would be nice to have a 4 game lead when we play the Rockies in October.

Free Hu. Although he is better than Belly he is only a third the player that Hudson is.

18. lawdog says:

Going from .215 to .300 in the last half of the Albertquacky season shows a lot of heart–and courage. Will O-Rod be the player he was before the All Star break, or the player he’s become in the last 6 weeks or so.

I think he’s playing with a lot of pain. Defensively, no one can play at the same level as does he. But he’s just like Furcal in that regard. He’s seen his average slip from well over .300 to the .280 mark and he just doesn’t seem to get the big hit in the clutch anymore. Better than Furcal’s .250 average and great defense, but he seems a shadow of what he was at the beginning of the season.