You Hit Ours, We’ll Hit Yours!

You Hit Ours, We’ll Hit Yours!
Manny & Prince - Gus Ruelas / Associated Press

Manny & Prince - Gus Ruelas / Associated Press

Chad Billingsley was roundly criticized last year in the playoffs against the Phillies for failing to hit a  batter after manny had been8-5 hit.  I can see the logic, but do you really want your starter ejected in that situation?  Maybe, maybe not, but someone does have to hit their guy at some point.   Russ Martin said it best:  “It’s protection.  It’s just about keeping the team unified and pulling the wagons together.”  The Dodgers are simply send a message that they won’t play SOFT when it comes to hitting their guys.

Manny was plunked in the 7th inning, but the Dodgers waited until the 9th inning to drill Prince Fielder, and Mota hit him in the thigh, so what’s the problem?  I can see wanting to fight if you are hit in the head, but Prince should know this is the way you play the game.  You hit our best hitter, we hit yours!  It’s that simple!  Fielder was lucky he didn’t get into the Dodgers clubhouse, because the Dodgers would have beat the crap out of him!   I don’t care how big he is.  That’s felony stupid!

Look for some more bad blood tonight as Jason Schmidt goes for the Dodgers (hold your breath – you never know how he will do).   If the Brewers brush our guys back or hit anyone tonight, we have to retailiate RIGHT AWAY, especially with Schmidt on the mound.  A good fight can galvanize a team and I’m still waiting for Joe Torre and Larry Bowa to get ejected.

RANTS & RAVES:

• Albert Pujols is 7-9 with the bases loaded this year with 5 Grand Slams.  WOW!
  • Matt Kemp is now hitting .323 (tied for 4th in the NL) and is tied for the team lead in RBI’s with 69.  I think he has demonstrated he is a middle-of-the-order hitter.  Just imagine what he will be in a year or two – can you say MVP?
  • Andre Ethier is thriving hitting ahead of Manny as most of us said he would.
  • 17-4 – Don’t get too excited – it’s only 1 game!
  • Matt Kemp has been our most consistet player and I would argue, our MVP this year.  He has hit over .300 every month except one and that was .292 in May.  Last year he struck out every 3.96 AB, this year he’s at 4.4.
  • Dodger OPS Leaders:  Manny 1.034, Kemp .893, Ethier  .873, Blake .839, Loney .762, Martin .710
  • Still the best record in baseball.
  • The Dodgers are 1st in the NL in batting, 2nd in runs scored, 2nd in ERA and 2nd in Fielding.  They are solid top-to-bottom.
  • Kuroda seems to be getting a little better every start.
  • As bad as Russ Martin has been this year, his OB% is .377 and he is 2nd in Runs Scored by Catchers (trailing only Joe Mauer).

66 Responses to “You Hit Ours, We’ll Hit Yours!”

1. Blue Haze says:

Since this got burried at the end of the previous subject, here you go again:

Mark, nice sympathy play. We don’t hate in here, we discuss and debate. Get your personal feelings out of the way, you wouldn’t talk like that with a group of guys over having a few beers, would you? For your sake, I hope not. So keep your head up, eyes off yourself, feelings at least tucked under your sleeve, and enjoy. IMHO, this board is a lot more interesting when posters actually make comments and further the conversation that is begun by another poster. What I often see is very little interaction and more or less posters just wanting to barf their opinions out on everyone. Go ahead and barf but lets at least dig around in the puke and interact with each other on the subject. One more thing, it really is a shame that most fun or funny posts are totally taken personally and then the whining begins. I can deal with a lot of things, but whining is one of the worst. Make your takes, comment on others takes and for God’s sake no more whiny posts (from anyone). Let’s have a little fun and very little crybaby shat.

Mark, please don’t respond with “if you don’t like it so much, go somewhere else”, that is the epitome of whiny responses. If I didn’t like it, I would leave. However, just because I like something doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement.

PEACE

I am glad Mark said it. Prince got hit in the leg. Mota did it the right way, he didn’t throw high. This fat piece of *%@# has always had an attitude. Here is a team who poses every time they hit a homerun (Ryan Braun) and shadow boxes afterwards ON THE FIELD (Braun & Fielder) if that isn’t showing a teanm up I don’t know what is? They deserve to get thrown at! Good for our guys for having Manny’s back finally. I know one pitch…you know who….who wouldn’t have.

I worry about who gets plunked tonight. Also if Schmidts 80 MPH fastball is enough to intimidate anyone if he comes inside?

I for one didn’t understand why we would want to hit Fielder? Do we think Manny was intentionly hit? Did he have to leave the game? No. or did the ball just go inside too much and nick him? Yes.

Lets wait for a real battle before we start a war. What if someone actually gets hurt tonight. By the look on Fielders face I can tell there’s going to be more tonight. Being hit by a pitch doesn’t always mean we must pluck one of there hitters.

Is that pulling the wagons together if we lose a key piece for the 2009 season?

I didn’t see why either, except maybe we were taking exeption to the “boxing game ” Braun & Fielder do on the field when they hit one out? I don’t think they hit Manny on purpose, I actually am not even sure it hit him, but I do like seeing Mota stand up for his guys. And he didn’t even back pedal or have Brian Jordan there to protect him! Fielder is a thug has always been a thug and always will. I saw somewhere they said “Prince got lost on the way to the All You Can Eat Pavillion & ended up in the Dodgers clubhouse. You’d be pissed too”

Torre should hold Hudson out again tonight. He will for sure hurt his wrist trying to hug someone tonight if something goes down!

5. Mark Timmons says:

Haze,

If you think I feel sorry for myself, you don’t know me. The part about people hating me was tongue-in-cheek. I don’t want anyone’s sympathy. I can dish it out and I can take it, but I will stand up against everyone if I think I’m right. I don’t follow conventional thinking.

Billy,

Yes, you absolutely do have to hit the other team’s best player. If you don’t, it will continue. The message is: Pitch our guy inside – we’ll pitch you WAY inside. Mota did it right and hit him in the thigh, not the head!

If we contine to play that way, what happened with Philly last year won’t happen again. A pitcher isn’t going to come as much inside to Manny if the team has a reputation for retaliation regardless of whether it was intentional or not.

6. Mark Timmons says:

I mean, if you are a pitcher pitching against the Dodgers and KNOW that if you hit a Dodger, they will drill one of your guys, you are going to be a little more cautious and maybe lay it up there in the “zone.” It works to our advantage.

Now, the people who suggested C-Bill should have drilled a Phillie after Manny got hit may not have been thinking it through. You generally do it when a reliever is in the game (hopefully near the end of his stint).

7. Knickerbocker Dave says:

BillR,
    nice observation. i was watching the Yankee/Rays game a few days back when Eva Longoria had a ball sail over his head. Rick Sutcliffe was calling the game and immediately started ranting about how TB would HAVE to ‘drill’ a yankee player to answer it. When Garza failed to throw at Jeet, Sutcliffe all but called him a coward who didn’t love his teammates enough. Sure enough the next batter, Tex, took one at the shoulder.
    If mlb really wants to stop this retaliation nonsense they should start ejecting the pitcher, catcher, and manager everytime they suspect an intentional hbp. If it was intentional then all three of those guys had a part in it. That would cure the situation quick.

8. SpokaneBob says:

Romers,

Iam with you on this. That shadow boxing stuff is BS. Monday night when things were going their way they acted like they were in high school.

Last night they played like they were in high school. I loved Kemps fly that fell in between Braun and Fielder. No celebration there.

Haze, You really know how to paint a verbal picture.

9. Mark Timmons says:

Dave,

The only way to enforce that is to eject them everytime a player is hit, because you can’t always know for sure it was intentional. I’m pretty sure they were trying to brush Manny back, and I know Mota intended to hit Fielder. Mota was rightfully ejected and I would be fine if the manager was ejected too, but you still have to stand up for your teammates.

10. SpokaneBob says:

How things change. I wonder how Drysdale or Gibson would fare in this play nice enviroment. I wonder how Bonds would have done in Aarons day with no body armor and pitchers not letting him “dig in”.

Mark, I took all the Mark bashing as fun. You do a great job with this site and although your trades are mostly wack, your take on most stuff is rjght on. Glad you are doing well with your recovery from surgery.

11. Knickerbocker Dave says:

Mark,
    i dont have a problem standing up for teammates – but i do believe the umps can guess when a hbp was intentionally; they are already doing it. i’m just saying that if the manager knows that he (& maybe the catcher) will be tossed, then that will eliminate the loose cannon pitcher taking shots at peoples heads and would make the hit more deliberate. wouldn’t it mean more to a teammate if 3 guys were willing to be ejected to stand up for him? you were preaching about torre needing to get ejected more for the sake of his players; so it stands to reason that he could make a HUGE statement if he sacrificed the position 1 & 2 to do it.

12. Mark Timmons says:

I heard Bob Gibson say that he never hit a batter on purpose. He said he just sometimes pitched inside and the batter just moved and hit themselves. ;)

13. Knickerbocker Dave says:

mark, i’m glad to hear you’re doing well on the recovery too. one question: when you talk about your upper body strength, are you referring to the area above the neck and below the sideburns? heh heh heh

14. Mark Timmons says:

I’ll break you in half. I know who you are! ;)

Mark,
    I won’t beat a dead horse here but C-Bills should have thrown at the Phillies last year. Their starters were doing it.To Manny, Martin, & others. More than once! If you remember correctly Kuroda behind Victorino (which wasn’t really close to him) but it sent a message. Sure the Phillies were pissed but that fired us up and we won that game.

Back to here and now. I hope the league gets involved here. Prince was out of line throwing a fit after the game. He wasn’t so tough on the field was he? He must have been egged on in the clubhouse after the game.

16. lawdog says:

Did Mota hit Prince on purpose on directions from Torre? Well, we were ahead 17-4 with 2 outs in the 9th inning and we just happen to have a reliever warming in the pen? All this after Manny had been bushwacked earlier. And Mota fired an 85 mph heater right into has big cushioned butt?

Torre should have been ejected. Now if we get into a head hunting contest tonight we have Schmidt and his pop gun fastball going for us–although they say his fatball has good sink–it’s an 84 mph fatball. Maybe if he aims at their heads it will plunk them in the butt with all the force of mosquito?

What would Drysdale have done? Once Prince called him a fuggerbugger he would have charged Fielder and cold cocked him with just one punch. Then he would have written a check to the commissioner (blank) right there on the field and handed it to the home plate umpire.

They used to call me a master debater in high school, but then I told everyone half the lies they said about me were not true.

I’m a little concerned about the hole left in the future at 3rd now that we traded Bell. He must have been the real Mcoy at third because we had so many good outfield prospects, I’d have thought the Indians would have wanted someone with a better bat right now. If they’d held out for Lambo I think we might have given him up–Sherrill is that good of an addition to the pen.

What are we going to do about 3rd once Casey at the Blake retires? Besides DeWitt, we really don’t have many prospects for 3rd base. I’m a bit surprised that the Dogs gave up Bell for Sherrill as we really don’t have another real 3B prospect above the A Advanced League level now that he’s gone. We have scores of good outfield prospects but look pretty bleak at third. DeWitt might be the guy we expect to inherit 3B when Casey at the Blake retires. Abreu is a 2B player who has the bat, but probably not the arm–and he’s starting to geeze a little at AAA but he’s hitting lights out and must be given a shot soon!

Other than DeWitt we have Hatch and Baez at the lower echelons and they are .275-.285 hitters who top out at .325 OBP and look like 10-20 hr kind of guys ultimately.

Maybe DeWitt at 3rd and Abreu at 2nd once O-rod and Blake are gone? Bell is closer to being ready than Lambo. Bell could start by the end of next season. Lambo is still at least 3 years away assuming he starts to hit the ball with consistency and authority. Right now he is nowhere with lot’s of that cursed “potential”.

17. chucky says:

Anything that makes the players feel like studs is good. Whether it was intentional or not, it has helped the team feel like a group AND feel like STUDS. Confidence and desire are what wins Championships and if it is one pitch to a thigh helps the players feel MORE like a team and MORE like they can do anything, LET IT BE.

Go Dodgers
    Peace

Prince is a mommas boy. Remember his Dad Cecil was playing ball, paying the bills so Prick ah I mean Prince disses his dad for not being there. Won’t forgive his Dad for whatever happened in the past. I have absolutaly no respect for the blob.

I think there is a little more to it Michael but, I see you working. Prince is a kid who has anger issues. Just last year he roughed up Manny Parra in the dugout and now this? I know there has been other issues too. The dude needs to grow up.

By the way: is he the largest vegetarian you have ever seen? Holy crap! That might sound like a cheap shot at a guys weight but damn. Imagine how heavy this dude would be if he mixed in a steak?!?

20. Mark Timmons says:

Lawdog,

While Josh Bell was a nice prospect, I am not sure he will be able to stay at 3B. I think he’s a 1B. He is extremely thick below the waste and as he gets older will have even less range than he does now and his range isn’t good as it is. He can hit.

I think Andrew Lambo is a lot closer than 3 years. James Loney hit .238 in the samed league when he was 20 and then repeated it the next year, when he hit .284. He went to the big club the next year. Lambo is much more advanced than Loney was at the same age. LOney only hit 4 HR and 19 doubles his whole 1st year at AA. Lambo has a much higher BA and has 30 Doubles and 11 HR. You will see Lambo at AAA next year and maybe in LA in September.

Hatch is 25 or 26 and is not a prospect. Forget him. Pedro Baez is the guy who eveyone is looking at. He is an amazing athlete and has more power than Matt Kemp. He also has a 100 MPH fastball and is a great fielder (he’s a former pitcher). His upside is huge, if he can harness his power and hit.

DeWitt is a guy who I believe will hit .280 with 18+ HR, so we are not in bad shape at 3B.

I saw Bell and DeWitt play at A ball level. Here in San Bernardino. Bell was a little younger and it was before he was hurt, but he looked great. He had real pop and I thought was decent at 3B.

With DeWitt he was very good and (I have said it here before) I think he will be a Bill Mueller type player. Maybe not the average that Mueller had but solid, blue collar, give it up for the team type of a guy. You need guys like that.

But thats just my opinion. I think we will be fine.

22. grumpy3b says:

DRomo:

Speaking of ‘tiny’ veggies…ever seen a bovine? A heff-a-lump? A hipp-a-lo? Even a horsey? Though Hipp-a-lo’s will pretty much eat anyone if they run outta ‘grass’ to eat…carbs add body fat, meat does not, proteins add muscle…

So never get between a Fielder and his salad bar!! Remember if he gets hit on the arse, how will he sit for three hours to enjoy the salad bar? ;)

Mark,

Nice to read about your hip healing well. I have watched my 90ish yr old neighbor who managed to live through the actual D-Day landing go through two full knee replacements in the past 9yrs…never have I heard him utter a word in complaint. It really is amazong, the guy never says nothing. Different era I suppose.

I whine all the time about the pain from the Rheumatoid Disease I have lived with for about 4-decades now…need two new knees, a new left hip, new ankles would be nice as would love new joints in my hands, but the only opton there is joint fusion…of all of them, hey such is life…at least there are those fun pain meds. It’s nice to read someone about my age can get through a hip replacement, they are rough and stairs do seem to no longer seem to be your best pal, I bet you could get tips from Phil Jackson as I believe he has had both hips done to go along with the angio/stent ‘proceedure’.

23. lawdog says:

I don’t think Lambo is moving “on track” until he can hit better than .264 on a regular basis. When he gets his average up around .290 I’ll stand up and take notice. He will then be on an 18 month track to his first cup of coffee. Until he starts to hit like that he’ll remain stalled and will be on track to be a life time AAA player. If he hit’s .264 at AA he’ll be near Mendoza-ville at AAA.

Hu is a player who now has my respect. He went from a .210 hitter to almost .280 over a course of about 6 weeks. And he shows some power and decent defense. Maybe Hu should try 3rd base. If his arm is strong enough to be decent at short, it should be strong enough to play third. Ask A-Rod.

24. Mark Timmons says:

3B is a power position and Hu has none (or little).

You have to understand that the Southern League is a pitchers’ league. In 2006, DeWitt moved to the Southern League and hit .181. The next year, he went back and hit .283. This is Lambo’s first year there and he didn’t even play at High A. He went from Low A to AA (in the Southern League, nonetheless). For a hitter, the Southern League is tougher than the PCL (AAA). I plan to go to Chattanooga later this month for a 3 games series, but I am very impressed with Lambo, who is just a couple of months shy of being 2 years younger than Bell.

Bell played at Low A, High A and the AA. Lambo skipped High A. He’s on a fast track. I think he’s hit the wall, right now, bit I would not be surprised if he hit .280+ this year.

Don’t be surprised if he takes over for Manny is 2011.

25. Mark Timmons says:

If Lambo hit .264 at Chat, he’ll hit .300 at ALBQ!

26. Mark Timmons says:

Grump,

Yes, Phil has had both of them done. I am told my left one is fine. It’s been 6 weeks and I am climbing steps very well, foot-over-foot – it’s still painful and I am doing 200-300 “side-sissors” a day, so my butt is really sore, but I am getting more mobility every day and they have told me I can do as much as I can stand. No restrictions. It’s funny that you mention Phil – I often get mistaken for him – especially when I am wearing a suit.

27. tdf says:

Good afternoon everyone, has anyone heard anything on the cuban players that were declared free agents. I think it was three of them,i believe two of them are pitchers. I read somewhere that one of them is pretty good and major league ready. I believe his last name is Marti. Could the Dodgers be in on him?

Guys don’t worry about 3B in the Dodger system. There’s a new thing now called Free agency. We’re good.

Mark, I hope you’re right about protecting your players. But my concern is don’t start a battle when you can lose the war. If one of our players ends up with a broken finger/nose etc. over this nosense of Manny being nicked by a pitch, we just won the battle and lost the war. Makes no sense to me.

30. Buddy says:

Random question for anyone: Has an umpire ever issued a warning against both teams before the first pitch? I was just wondering if there was precedence for this in light of tonight’s game. Clearly, if the home plate empire deems an inside pitch too far in, he’ll issue the warning immediately but was wondering an umpire can mitigate than beforehand.

Buddy,
    I think I have seen it happen before. When the managers are exchanging lineups the homeplate umpire says there will be zero tolerance because of the 2 teams history. Then there is really zero tolerance. I have seen guys get tossed on a breaking ball that got away. We will see how they handle it.

I think there is something to what BRuss is saying about losing the war here. Sure I like the fire but I think we should be careful. At the same time do not back down. If they go after Russ or Manny or Ethier tonight, it is freaking on.

32. Buddy says:

Thanks DRomo,
    I think it was be pretty egregious for the Dodgers to bring about possible suspensions if they over-retaliate. This team needs everyone who is able to be on the active roster and healthy considering some of the closing gap in the standings. If everyone can play smart and be healthy, we should be able to clinch this thing as soon as possible and rest some regulars before a long possible playoff run.

33. Mark Timmons says:

The message was sent by the Dodgers last night.

Fielder is an idiot.

He had no beef.

If Manny or Kemp or Ethier gets hit tonight, Braun gets drilled.

That’s the way it has to be…

• Mark i agree with you totally. That is old school baseball!! Drysdale’s attitude on an intentional walk was he would just as soon nail them in the ribs with the first pitch. When asked why he would say “why waste 3 pitches?” That attitude of course would not fly with today’s ballplayer.

P.S I have changed by screen name so as not to create any confusion with the “real dawg” on this board. I say this with all due respect!

34. Buddy says:

Well, I wouldn’t dismiss Fielder as an idiot but did he use good judgment last night? No. Is he the smartest guy in the Brewers clubhouse? No. Does he have dad issues? Yes.

I think Joe Torre, as always, will find a point to communicate to his team about using good judgment. After all, the Dodgers can’t really afford 20 game suspensions right now. I’m not saying the Dodgers shouldn’t retaliate if provoked. I’m just saying one game against the Brewers shouldn’t compromise the rest of the regular season.

35. Blue Haze says:

Yeah, I don’t see a problem tonight, as others mentioned, the umps are going to be bean-ball enforcement nazis and that will be that. These guys sure play the game differently than when I was growing up on the diamonds.

Mark, I totally get ya, and you should of all people get me by now. I know you can handle a good ribbing and sometimes I can use you as a good place to bounce my “message inside a message” to various parts of the world. I still think that if many people would lighten up and not take things so seriously, this would be an absolute dynamite place to be. I have enjoyed those types of posters as they have joined into the discussion. Of recent, I think of BRuss and DRomo as those types of guys: enjoy swapping a few stats, enjoy a little debate, a little razzzing, a little needling, good clean entertainment. Of course, my Amigo Gonzo, always was good for that sort of fun, before his familia began to grow, that is.

Anyway, true dat, Fielder is an idiot and apparently was asleep when the Dodger batters were plunked last night. How in the hell could he have been surprised that he was plunked. I mean, come on, don’t you think it is actually amazing that he doesn’t get it?

These are Destiny’s Dodgers (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

36. lawdog says:

Once in his career, Drysdale was given the sign to intentionally walk a hitter with first base open and the game on the line. As the catcher set up, standing with his glove way out to receive the first of four wide ones, Drysdale suddenly drilled the batter instead of lofting the slow one, sending him to the ground in obvious pain. The intimidation factor then came into play and he had the hitters dancing anytime he even looked like he was going to come inside.

After the game Don was asked why he hit the batter when he was in the process of issuing the intentional pass anyway. His answer? “Why waste 3 pitches?”

Some guys were just born nasty.

37. GoNzO says:

Fielder getting hit was a statement and is an unwritten rule in baseball. This guy is a P***y. I hope Watson or whoever is in charge of discipline gets him(fine and suspension). For a kid that grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth he totally demonstrated a very ghetto side “I gots to take care of my bidness” the little respect that I had for him as a ball player is gone.

For those that say that we should not get into a war, EVERY GAME IS A WAR! I remember wearing the ball many times during my playing days and although it pissed me off I knew it was part of the game.

A couple years ago I was coaching my team in the Cucapah League in Mexico (14-16 yrs) and we were getting trounced 13-2 and the other coach was having his kids steal bases and putting the hit and run on to run up the score. In between innings I takled to my team and told that if they stole a base the next batter Three of my pitchers got ejected, but I sent a message to the other team. At the end of the game we all shook hands with the other team and that was that. Unwritten rules gentlemen. Morale of the story, you have to protect your team/teammates.

38. Mark Timmons says:

Baseball is poetry in motion.

Baseball is war.

Baseball is life.

Baseball is just amazing.

One of the last games I played in Softball was about a year ago. I may have told this story before, but indulge me.

Our manager was also a player and about 3 or 4 times a season, he would strike out (looking at a called 3rd strike). I hit behind him one night when he strick out and as he walked to the bench and I walked to the plate, the other team’s catcher said “Now sit down, you old fag.” I dropped the bat (never threaten someone with a bat in your hands) and said “I’m older than than him and if you said that to me I’d kick your ass right here. Do you want to say it?” Well, he didn’t and I doubled. The next batter up hit a single to CF and I tried to score for 2B.

The catcher was about 2 feet in front of the plate reaching for the ball thrown by the CF, as I hit him with a forearm running full speed, nearly knocking him into the dugout. There was no fight. He stayed down, but the karma is often instant in baseball.

What a beautiful game!

I really miss playing…

My wife says no, but I am thinking about playing one more year after my hip heals. Bo Jackson did it…

Pitchers can’t pitch inside anymore? Might as well just change it to T-ball. For a blast from the past, perhaps someone could post the right hook that Nolan decked Ventura with.

40. GoNzO says:

You nailed it MM. I always played as if it was my last game. Baseball karma or the baseball gods will humble you if you disrespect the game. I’d have done the same thing to that catcher, since I’m only 6′ 200 pounds I would have opted to slide and take his ankles out. And remember what Tom Hanks and later Pedro said: THERE’S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!

Mota hit Fielder because getting suspended is the only way that he can get a few days off now that he is Torre’s new Sweat Reliever

42. Mark Timmons says:

Lineup posted above.

No Manny!

43. Blue Haze says:

What is it Manny Bobblehead Night again?

Good story, MM. Always nice to put a definitive statement in a confrontation like that one. Now you are making me miss playing.

44. SteveM says:

You guys are awesome, I love this site!

It’s easy to see, just by reading the various comments, who were players and who were fans. I played baseball for many years, softball also (Mark), and anyone who played knew when a “high-tight one” was coming and especially when it was deserved.

The true beauty of this game is the complete balance throughout: 90 foot baseline, 60 feet 6 inches, etc, etc. This game is all about balance and symmetry. The best example of this is: ” You hit mine – I’ll hit yours.” Simplicity at it’s most sublime.

From little league on up it will always and should always be like this. Everyone should understand that without justice there is only anarchy.

DRomo, lay off of Bills already. Sandy Koufax never had to headhunt – he had Big D, the TRUE moral of this story is all you need is one enforcer per staff to keep order. Viva Mota.

45. Mark Timmons says:

tdf,

On the Cuban prospects, I have no news. I’ll keep snooping.

46. Mark Timmons says:

Well a man, come on
    Six o’clock news
    Says somebody been shot
    Somebody’s been abused
    Somebody blew up a building
    Somebody stole their car
    Somebody got away
    Somebody didn’t get too far, yeah
    They didn’t get too far

Grandpappy told my pappy
    Back in my day, son
    A man had to answer
    For the wicked thing he done
    Take all the rope in Texas
    Find a tall oak tree
    Round up all of them bad boys
    And hang ‘em high in the street
    For all the people to see

And justice is the one thing
    You should always find
    You gotta saddle up your boys
    You gotta draw a hard line
    When the gun smoke settles
    We’ll sing a victory tune
    And we’ll all meet back
    At the local saloon

We’ll raises up our glasses
    Against evil forces
    Singing, “Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!”

We got too many gangsters
    Doing dirty deeds
    Too much corruption
    And crime in the streets
    It’s time the long arm of the law
    Put a few more in the ground
    Send them all to their Maker
    And he’ll set them on down
    You can bet, He’ll set ‘em down

Cause justice is the one thing
    You should always find
    You gotta saddle up your boys
    You gotta draw a hard line
    When the gunsmoke settles
    We’ll sing a victory tune
    And we’ll all meet back
    At the local saloon

And we’ll raise up our glasses
    Against evil forces
    Singing, “Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!”
    Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!

You know justice is the one thing
    You should always find
    You gotta saddle up your boys
    You gotta draw a hard line
    When the gunsmoke settles
    We’ll sing a victory tune
    And we’ll all met back
    At the local saloon

We’ll raise up our glasses
    Against evil forces
    Singing, “Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!”
    Singing ,”Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!’

47. LADODGERDAVE says:

SEE YA LATER SCHMIDT!

COME ON JAMES…..

48. LADODGERDAVE says:

MARK

WAS THIS JASONS LAST START?

I guess I feel just a little insulted by being called just a fan. I will have to post my resume later. I guess if you leave the decisions up to the athletics and the unwritten rule book you never know the outcome of the games you play in but you can get justice. If this was Joes decision then that’s cool but if the players are deciding when to play bean ball, then that’s a problem. All I’m saying is to pick your battles wisely. Manny being bushed and Pierre being hit by a slow curve ball doesn’t sound like the time to send out the troops. It doesn’t look like the teams are too heated tonight except of Fielder stealing second. He’s a bit fired up.

Jason Schmidt is showing what I was afraid we would see last outting. It looks like he’s a Las Vegas bet every time out. The chances are we will lose but we could get lucky. Peace

50. GoNzO says:

BRuss in the bigs it’s an eye for an eye. If you hit my horse I’ll hit yours. If it would have been Braun batting he would have gotten hit it just happened to “taking cur of my bidness” Fielder.

51. GoNzO says:

forgot to put “with two outs” after braun

It’s cool Gonzo we all have opinions. I just don’t want to be just a fan when I have one. My skin is getting thicker by playing in the LA Dodger Talk chat room anyway. I was just about ready to think McDonald should take the #5 spot until Looper got a hit and Lopez, who hasn’t done anything lately got a hit.

Maybe Elbert will end up with the #5 spot.

53. Mark Timmons says:

Jason Schmidt has to be DFA’ed. He’s not horrible, but Stults, McDonald and others are better. Too bad…

54. Mark Timmons says:

DFA Weaver & Schmidt.

Call up Stults and Wade.

55. Mark Timmons says:

Try Elbert as a starter…

If my skin isn’t thick enough now, I’m sure Haze will knock me around until it’s callus. It’s all in fun…..

57. Mark Timmons says:

They beat me like a rented mule…

We beat you….
    Like a pinata dressed as Prince Fielder….

I can’t believe we are going to lose two out of three to the fricken Brewers. I hope there’s a 8-9 inning come back.

60. Mark Timmons says:

These guys are junkyard dogs…

Can Manny go yard on Manny poster night? If Yes there must be more Manny promotions..

Damn it! are we about to lose this series to the Brew crew? 17 runs don’t mean much right now! Tlak about winning a battle and losing a war

63. lawdog says:

Think twice before suggesting McDonald in a trade. His stuff is just as electric as Kurveshaw’s, only he’s right handed. Actually, his fastball is a little faster but doesn’t have all the magical late movement of Clayton’s. But McDonald can throw an excellent cutter with every bit as much movement. Both pitchers have the same curve. The difference maker? McDonald can throw a dandy change of pace. Kurveshaw is still trying.

Don’t think of McDonald as a throw in in a trade. He’s got great stuff and is finally coming into his own.