Actually, it’s “Charliemania” but WOW! It felt like that same feeling I had when Fernando made his debut! It’s too bad it didn’t have a better ending, but Charlie Haeger is on his way to becoming a cult hero in LA.
Lawdog is a genius! He’s been begging for Charlie half the season. Well, one start and we can’t pronounce him Cy Young, but it was fun to watch, wasn’t it?
A few weeks ago (while I was in the hospital the day after hip-replacement) a good friend brought me this cup and said it suited me perfectly! What does he mean by that? Anyway, watching Charlie Haeger felt like something between “Raising Hell” and “Amazing Grace.” It was really cool, while it lasted. The knuckle ball is susceptible to the occasional Home-Run. It’s just blind luck or a good guess, but Pujols and Ankiel’s blasts delivered 3 runs and that was enough for Chris Carpenter. You can’t win may games with 5 hits, and we didn’t, but the Cards had only 6.
It was another loss in our losing streak, but I do think we just may have found our 5th starter!
Rants & Raves
- It seems to me that Kuroda might only miss one start as his injury is not serious and was deemed a mild concussion. The usual concussion symptoms are absent. Of course, he needs to be 100%, so time will tell…
- The buzz on the street is that without the ‘roids, Manny isn’t Manny anymore.
- Jason Schmidt has started throwing again at Camelback – ENOUGH ALREADY! No more writing about that…
- Tony Abreu has elevated his BA to .351.
- Does anyone like the Minor League Reports I’ve been posting from Jared everyday? I haven’t heard, so I won’t print them unless you want them.
Finally, I have to get this off my chest – I think we are a better team without Manny than we are with him. Say what you want, but we officially now have a worse record with him than we did without him. Yeah, Yeah – there’s lots of factors involved, but with Juan Pierre leading off we are a more dynamic team than with Rafael Furcal leading off. Say I’m crazy, but I told you last winter we didn’t need Manny to win. I am beginning to think his signing was a blunder…