The Power of the 3-Run Homer

The Power of the 3-Run Homer

As usual, the Dodgers outhit their competition… AND LOST!  Earl Weaver called it the power of the 3-Run HR.  WE haven’t had many of those lately, but I think you will be seeing more this year and next as Ethier, Kemp and Loney mature.  I still see Loney as a 20 HR guy.  I am not convinced that Don Mattingly’s methods are the best for this team.  I mean, he can’t even teach his own son to hit (OK, that was a cheap shot).  Matt Kemp has prospered under Mattingly but has really not developed his power (he has also cut down on his

Kim Ng and Ned Colletti  -  www.LaDodgerTalk.com

Kim Ng and Ned Colletti - www.LaDodgerTalk.com

strikeouts)and Andre has developed power at the expense of his BA, but Loneyhasn’t developed power and Martin has regressed.  Martin’s OB% remains high but he pulls the ball continually and has no power.  Either he’s injured or really confused.  I know he’s not that stupid!  What role does the coach play in this… and who is really the hitting coach – Mattingly or Pentland?   We have a great team batting average, but our run production is not what it should be.  Bring back Earl Weaver’s favorite play – the 3-run homer!

RANTS & RAVES

• Clayton Kershaw is a mere mortal.  His ERA is up to 2.86.  Horrid!
  • Jeff Weaver is becoming… Jeff Weaver.  Another outing or two like that and he’s DFA.
  • Corey Wade pitched 2 scoreless inning to get a save last night in AAA.
  • Abreu is up to .343 after going 3-4.
  • Choi won his 6th game (1.83 ERA) in relief.  He should get a look…
  • James McDonald continues to impress in relief.
  • Kuroda needs to step it up even more tonight.
  • The stage was set for Manny last night in the 9th, but like Matt Kemp said “He’s not superman.”  No, he’s not, but he hasn’t even been Clark Kent lately.

Hip Update.  It’s been six weeks today since I had full hip replacement.  I had my doctors appointment yesterday and he released me to do any type of exercise and movement.  He said that I was where I should be in 90 days.  Since I still limp, he gave me some special gluteal exercises to do (he told me to discontinue the others).  For the record, I am going up and down stairs “foot-over-foot” but it still hurts.  However, I can tell it’s a “good” hurt, not a bad hurt.  I felt better after seeing the X-Rays and how everything was as it should be.    I am telling you that I really feel for older folks that have this type of surgery.  I have a lot of upper and lower body strength, but this would be very hard for someone with less strength.  Wow!  It ain’t easy, but the worst is in the past!

64 Responses to “The Power of the 3-Run Homer”

1. matt says:

vargas is 10 times better then jeff weaver

2. Mark Timmons says:

Matt,

You exaggerate – he’s only 5 times better! ;)

Actually, with Belisario, Wade, Lindblom, Leach and others in the minors, both Vargas and Weaver had/have to go.

Glad you are feeling better and progressing Hipster Mark!

I am a little curious why we let Vargas go as well. For a catching prospect. A low level prospect at that I think? Vargas was a nice piece in the pen.

Kershaw had one of those nights where it looked like he struggled with throwing his curve ball for a strike. He will bounce back. I do like Ausmus catching him though. Young pitcher & old smart catcher is a good combo.

Who is this stiff wearing Manny’s uniform lately. Give us back Juam Pierre! Last night was as dissapointing as his grand slam was exciting. It is only 1 game but this is what we pay him for isn’t it. Damnit.

Speaking of Manny, I haven’t heard much talk here about the 2003 drug test he and Papi failed. MLB Homeplate on XM talks about it non stop. As well as other outlets. I just wanted to see what you all thought. I think, since we all know Manny was juicing as recently as this past offseason it is kind of a no brainer he was in 2003. I don’t get what the big deal is now as far as Manny is concerned. I wish they would just release all the names on that list so they don’t leak out 1 by 1 for the next 10 years. The drug test in 2003 was supposed to be kept confidential and no consequences. Someone screwed up BIG TIME.

4. Board Gestapo says:

Mark it has come to attention of this administration that you are flaunting your position and using unsavory language on this board. The offending quote is noted:

I am always who I am. If you are too big of a chickenshit to put your real name, then you aren’t much of a man. Grow a spine and come back!

Such language cannot and will not be tolerated. This is Change you can believe in! Should this continue we will have no other option but to come and break your good hip.

I almost forgot does anyone else think O-Dog should have scored on Furcals bunt last night in the 9th. My wife was screaming at the TV “What are you doing there is 2 outs!!” I had to laugh, but she is right I think he should have scored.

6. Mark Timmons says:

Romo, Jon Weisman has a bit on Martin/Ausmus and Kershaw (written before last night’s game):

“I recall there was a time earlier this year when some suggested that Brad Ausmus should become Clayton Kershaw’s designated catcher, the mature teacher leading the young student. Well, Kershaw’s performance over the last couple of months has shown that Russell Martin catches him just fine.

Since Kershaw was knocked out in the third inning of his June 10 start against San Diego, here are his stats pitching to Martin: six starts, 38 2/3 innings, 25 hits, 12 walks, 41 strikeouts, 0.93 ERA.

Not that pitching to Ausmus, who starts tonight for the Dodgers, has done Kershaw any harm. His 2009 stats with the grown-up behind the plate: four starts, 25 innings, 10 hits, 18 walks, 23 strikeouts, 0.72 ERA.”

7. Roger says:

DRomo, first, I think it was a big mistake that only 2 names were leaked on that 2003 list. Now that they are out, then the rest of the names should come out — the Commissioner should talk, hold a press conference, write an open letter to the baseball community and fans, etc.

If they cannot keep under cover and in the proper files — this kind of situation, then they need to destroy the documents.

We are talking careers here, we are talking future Hall of Fame possibilities here, we are talking person family issues and shame here.

When these stupid things happen, more and more people give up on baseball.

Second, as I watched the replay in the 9th innings, I think if Hudson broke for the plate, they make a play and would have nailed him. Unless the quick throw is off target, or the catcher cannot handle the ball (like Martin the other game), or Hudson slides around the tag. But I think he would have been out — end of game.

That play should not have been necessary, but our ACE walked in a couple of runs. And the Brewers pitcher had the Dodgers number. Where have I heard that before.

From what I’ve heard, the 104 names were just a percentage of the number of people tested. Not everyone was tested in 2003. Therefore there were more then 104 people that would have tested positive and these names being released wouldn’t even tell the true story of who cheated and who didn’t. Also when they tested, they were told that the results would never be released to the public. The 7 names that have been revealed may be able to sue the person who leaked this info. Isn’t the law setup kind of funny? People that are cheating may be able to gain from cheating. Gain in more then one way. Gain by bigger contracts/ more money and better stats. And now gain by having the info leaked when they were told it wouldn’t be. It’s just a crazy world we live in.

I agree with Romo that Manny’s at bat was as disapointing as the bobblehead Slam was exciting. That would have been one great come from behind victory. I don’t understand the steal/sacrafice as Steve Lyons was pointing out last night and I don’t understand why Hudson didn’t run when Raffy bunted. When Ethier got hit by the pitch, I knew our chances of victory just dropped about 99%.

To your last point BRuss: When I realized Manny was coming up with the bases loaded. I told my wife “He’s gonna pop up” Funny how in just a few weeks here we are all cooling off of Manny. He’ll be back. I think he should take a day or 2 off. You would of thunk we’d miss Pierre’s presence.

With the list of names that were leaked, I think it is unfair that any names are coming out. The reason is there is no proof! All a player would have to say is “I didn’t test positive. Prove it” And the writer would have to reveal their source. The writer of course would never do that and it would be 1 word against the others. Make no mistake if a guy is a cheater, he is a cheater. But if you tell a player he has some sort of confidentiality, he should not have to answer for a failed test. Why aren’t some players standing up and threatening legal action. Manny could say “Yes I tested positive, but why are my medical records becoming public record?” Hell, I can’t look at Mark’s medical records to be sure he wasn’t juicing and that led to his hip going out, can I? No of course not (Although I have my suspicions) :/
    Lawdog, am I right here or do can anyone look at someones private drug test without consent of the testee?

Roger you have it completely right here. The commissioner (who has a funny way of disappearing during controversy) should speak on behalf of his game. Answer the tough questions. After all the players should take the heat for cheating but the owners & the commissioner were complicit in creating the “steroid era”.

10. Anonymous says:

Did anyone see this on another site? This fella got it right!

“Is it just me, or are the upcoming Manny promotions a bit ridiculous? The “curtain call” bobblehead and Mannywood poster (check out Inside the Dodgers, here), are both fine giveaways in and of themselves. But have the Dodgers marketing department run so far out of ideas that all it can think about is another way to pimp out Manny Ramirez? All they can come up with is ways to immortalize a (relatively) meaningless home run?

In a year where so many of his teammates are shining brightly, the Dodgers continue to paint Manny Ramirez as the face of this franchise. This despite is recent PED issues – and I have big problem with that.

Where is the love for Andre Ethier’s 3-homer game or four walk-off hits? Or how about Clayton Kershaw’s devastating curve ball or Jonathan Broxton’s 101 MPH fastball? How about immortalizing Orlando Hudson’s tremendous defense – can’t you just picture a Hudson bobblehead where he’s chasing down a blooper to right field, back to home plate, making that diving catch we’ve seen dozens of times this season? Perhaps if those guys had a little scandal surrounding them they would get the Manny treatment.

Look, I get it. Manny is Manny. He’s got dreads. He’s fun to watch. He’s the Dodgers’ biggest draw and brings fans out to the ballgame in a way that not many can. But the Dodgers ought to be looking forward too. They know not if Manny will be returning next season – and beyond 2010 is most doubtful. The Dodgers should be looking to establish Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp, and others as the face of this franchise because let’s face it: Manny Ramirez is the equivalent of a one-night stand. In more ways than one.”

11. Mark Timmons says:

J, jay dizzel, or whatever you call yourself today,

Next time you quote Dodger Dugout, why don’t you give them credit, instead of saying “Did anyone see this on another site? This fella got it right!”

I am puzzled by why you keep coming back if this blog is so bad and Dodger Dugout is so good?

12. Mark Timmons says:

… and Dodger Dugout IS good. So are all the ones I have listed. I have intended to list Trolley Dodger but haven’t got it up yet. His stuff is good, but he posts spradically.

Mark, I saw that same thing on Dodger Dugout and I agree with Robert. The Manny promos are a little out of hand. The poster 2 bobbleheads, Mannywood, the dreads? I get this picture of the day Manny got suspended and the promotions department standing on a loading dock with truck loads of made in China Manny crap and saying “Oh no!”. Then someone saying calmly “Don’t worry we’ll unload it ALL in August.”

It would be nice to see a Ethier beany baby. It will be nice and SOFT so Mark can appreciate it too! :) I had to throw that in. Peace guys!

14. lawdog says:

Unless consent is given, medical records should not be made public record. Medical records of sports figures as to whether or not they passed certain tests which reflect compliance with the rules would normally require at least an implied consent of the tested person should they be found noncompliant with the rules. But tests given with the promise of confidentiality must remain so. Manny and the others probably have a cause of action against the leaker and MLB for failing to keep the leak from occurring. Since I’ve been away from the practice of law for 11 years now, Ken might have a more up to date analysis.

Kershaw was getting squeezed last night. He was throwing the hook as well as the fastball for strikes that the ump calls balls. His change up looked like a bad straight fastball. So he did the only thing a young pitcher can do when the ump calls his stuff balls instead of strikes–he threw harder. Taking the brain dead heaver approach only works if you throw 98 mph to begin with and control what you overthrow to some extent. Torre left him in too long under the circumstances. He should have gone out with the early hook when he loaded the bases with walks.

Without his meds, Manny has a longer swing and way less strength. He can be scorched by outside fastballs and changeups or good high fastballs on the inside part of the plate. Without his meds he looks awfully toasty. He should be fresh as a daisy with his 60 day unpaid vacation in the middle of the season. Imagine what he’s going to be like next year at this time. I’m wondering if Fred can wiggle out of his contract on the grounds of Manny’s failure to disclose a material fact–namely he used steroids to be super at 37 and without them he plays like he’s 67 and geezing.

As far as O-Rod’s failure to score on Furcal’s bunt–he must have had his head up his ass! There were 2 out and it was a great bunt! When there are two out and a runner on third have you ever seen an infielder go home and try to get a tag on a the runner at third as opposed to throwing the hitter out at first? You always go to first unless you know you have no chance at first. O-rod should have been off at the crack of the bat with 2 out. If he had played it without the brain fart we’d probably still be playing.

Thanks Lawdog for the legal answers. I doubt any player will pursue legal action, it just seems like a good case.

I agree about the bunt play and O-dog not scoring. With 2 outs Hoffman would have opted for the “sure out” and thrown to first. O-dog would have scored since Raffy beat it out. Oh well it’s spilled milk now.

16. matt says:

when Kershaw pitches with Ausmus catching Kershaw has walked almost 7 batters per 9 innings. There is one reason for this. Ausmus keeps calling for change ups on hitters counts and kershaw cant throw them for strikes so 1-0 counts become 2-0 and 2-1 counts become 3-1. This is the main reason why i think ausmus should not catch kershaw but russell should. Plus the only reason kershaw struggled last night was because he couldnt get his curve over for a strike and they were laying dead red on his fastball

Lawdog is absolutely correct about Kershaw being squeezed last night, mostly it seemed on curve balls. I suspect that the missed calls were a source of frustration that led to a loss of focus, and the attempt to muscle up on subsequent pitches. Just part of his baseball education that will make him a better pitcher in the future. Not a bad thing for a 21 year old.

I’m not going to jump to conclusions about Manny. It looks to me as if his timing on breaking balls is just a bit off, and it’s snowballed to the point where it’s also leading him to be late on fastballs. It would have been nice if he won the game in his last at bat last night, but even .400 hitters get out most of the time.

If it goes on and on and on, then there will be cause for worry. I don’t believe it’s reached that point yet. It could continue, and there could also be an explosion. I’m just hoping for the latter.

Lets not forget Manny didn’t have a proper spring training, then was off for 2 months. He may have been running on adrenaline (no steroid jokes here). He may just be tired. I think it would be nice to rest him. Not for a series just give the guy a day to catch his breathe.

20. Mark Timmons says:

I suggested rest a few days ago and was castigated for it.

21. Blue Haze says:

I think Manny’s strike zone has been expanded by the umpires, if you ask me. He seems to be getting a lot of low pitches called for strikes. Thus causing him to stretch his strike zone downwards. Don’t believe for a minute that umpires aren’t fans of baseball as well. They might be exacting some revenge on a “cheater”. This may be expecially true since the watch Manny go about his day in his happy, goof around manner, seemingly not having to pay any consequence with the fans or baseball itself (yeah, I know he served a 50 game suspension) from this point forward.

What do you think BRuss or DRomo or LDog(you seem to like to enter into actually conversations in here)? Any chance of a conspiratorial possibility of the umps providing impetus for Manny’s recent woes?

22. Mark Timmons says:

Has Badger went to the Big Dodger in the Sky?

23. Mark Timmons says:

I’m sure Ken is mad at me.

24. Mark Timmons says:

So is Blue Haze or whatever his moniker might be…

25. Mark Timmons says:

J is mad at me because I’m a schlep…

26. Mark Timmons says:

Roger is mad at me.

Joseph or Michael or whoever he might be is mad at me.

Billy Russell is mad at me.

Harold and Brooklyn Dodger are mad at me.

Hell, everyone is made at me.

Life is good!

27. Mark Timmons says:

Oh, Romo is mad at me.

Gonzo is really mad at me for calling him out when it was Romo I meant to call out.

Miguel must be mad at me…

Detect a trend?

28. Mark Timmons says:

It’s a mad, mad, mad world!

Put down the med’s and back away slowly. Or if it’s the pain and your not taking the med’s pick them up quickly.

30. lawdog says:

It seems like Manny feels that the umps have at times, expanded his strike zone and is no longer taking close pitches off the outside corner and he has become hesitant and unconfident. I think several umpires have become inconsistent on pitches down and away and up and in to Manny–which is worse than actually expanding the zone. Manny can’t be sure in any given at bat if the pitch called a ball in the at bat before will be called a ball or a strike this time around–or, heaven help him, how about the next time around. This makes him hesitant and frustrated. I think more than a few umps hope he fails and this is why his strike zone is more inconsistent than usual. At times it’s been so bad I’ve wondered if the ump is on the take.

Kershaw got the same treatment last night–particularly on his curve. Clayton has got to learn a true change up if he’s going to stop going real deep into counts after he gets 2 strikes as well. It should be a splitter. He’d throw a devastating splitter once he got the release point down. He’s never going to be effective with the circle change because he can’t just let it go with the same arm speed and he can’t get the knack of letting it roll off the back of his fingers before snapping the wrist–something he wouldn’t have to worry about with the splitter. With the splitter he just as to get the grip right, figure out the release point and let it rip. I really don’t think he’ll ever get the circle change right after working with it this long and having such a miserable result.

Manny needs to tighten up his swing and release at the hips–exploding through the ball like he used to do. He’s not that far off. But with Manny, if he has made the slightest adjustment to his golden swing he loses 90% of the magic. My gut tells me that without the roids, when Manny does start to lose it he’ll lose it fast. Not to say that I think he’s lost it already. But he could spiral into an Andruw clone if he keeps losing bat speed, expands his swing even more than he already has lengthened it and continues to be frustrated and hesitant at the plate.

Why am I mad a Mark? I guess I missed something. Mark are you back on the pain meds again?

BlueHaze, I don’t think the umps have expanded Mannys zone. Manny is not putting good swings on the ball. Last night he had 1 good pitch to hit. The first pitch. He just barely missed it.He fouled it straight back. The pitch he popped up was outside and he should have crushed it into a gap. I think his bat is slowing down, that is why I think he looks tired. But I am no hitting coach.

I think Mark is on the juice. Recovering ahead of schedule? HGH? …I’m just saying…

I don’t know Haze but it did look like a few low strikes were called on ManRam last night. I’ll have to watch a little harder over the next few games if Joe keeps him in the lineup.

I’m so pissed at Mark
    Free CB and Mario

PS I truely hope The Badge is OK

The Badge, one of my all time favorite tunes

35. BRuss says:

Just checking to see if my second sign on will work. Just in case the real Bill Russell ever wants in.

36. BRuss says:

But can anyone name the group?

The Badge

37. Blue Haze says:

I heard a rumor that Ken thinks that Badger is actually Mike Hawk, or Blue Hawk or Black Hawk or Faux Hawk…

Mark, quit feeling sorry for yourself (I guess that is considered baiting. Wink and nudge to BRuss). Can’t we disagree to agree without being totally agreeable?”

Another Badger rumor: Badger was a very deep and devoted fan of Michael Jackson and he totally lost it when the King of Pop ODed, errr, passed. Badger was last seen wandering into the desert, buck naked, only wearing a single sequined glove. “Where there is love, I’ll be there” — RIP King

38. Blue Haze says:

Also, Mark, you will know if Ken is mad at you, when he starts writing and posting you love poems in here (sorry couldn’t resist, the Master Baiter strikes again).

39. BRuss says:

Times up. no one has heard of the Cream????? Eric Clapton Well that was an interesting contest now Wheres Waldo?????

Who ever can find Badger wins. I hope it’s not the swine Flu…

40. marks a dummy says:

Mark we are second in the league in runs and you don’t call that “run production?” Mattingly has done wonders for this team and their approaches at the plate. Most young players don’t develop power until later on until their careers.

Sometimes I wonder why a person who knows so little about baseball can actually have a successful blog.

Well I think we just found Badger……

42. Blue Haze says:

get it on “marks a dummy”. Oh Shat, I’m going to be accused of being him now. BRuss, what am I to do. (whispered to Bruss, “I think you may be right, the Badger has made a secret agentman return. However, I do think that the naked, gloved story could be close to the truth, shh!! here they come, act natural”)

Hey, Mark, when do we start the destiny’s dodgers thing again?

Peace,

Tony Hawk (Mike Hawk’s Big Brother)

43. Joseph says:

Joseph or Michael or whoever he might be is mad at me.

I am not mad at you, I just disagree with your past assessment of Andre Ethier, I usually agree with your points, although you seem to rush to conclusions about players to quickly instead of letting things play out.

44. Mark Timmons says:

Marks a Dummy, Anonymous, or Kpizzle, You use different names, so I don’t know what to call you.

You made the statement that “Most young players don’t develop power until later on until their careers.”

OK, since I a dummy and most young players don’t develop power until later in their careers, NAME 20! NAME 10!

Put Up or Shut UP!

Because I think the dummy is you, and I do not believe that statement for a minute!

45. Mark Timmons says:

Joseph, James or Michael (whoever you are today),

I am just yankin’ your chain and everyone thinks I don’t like Andre, which is not true.

Very enjoyable and funny, glad I caught it. Glad your strength is returning Mark. It really is an honor to you when the no name spinless take shots at you, its like Manny getting booed on the road. Keep up the great work.

man what happened here today? It is a little bizzare for me. Whomever the new guy is that is antagonizing Mark needs to cut it out. The old guy can’t take it and that is my job anyway.

BRuss, I would have got the Name That Tune, Badge, Cream thing. Clapton, Baker & Bruce! By the way Winwood and Clapton are touring this summer. A buddy saw them in Frisco, I was way jealous.

Anyway Peace fellas.

P.S. Take it easy Mark, don’t get all worked up. Crack a cold one and go back to the man cave, the game is about to start.

48. Mark Timmons says:

Romo,

This doesn’t work me up. I just give them an opportunity to defend themselves, which they can’t. If it’s the same guy, he’s doing it from different IP addresses.

I can be wrong and if I am, then here’s his opportunity to prove it. I can take care of myself….

49. Mark Timmons says:

Castro, 2B

Kuroda, P

50. Mark Timmons says:

No Name Spinless…

I like that!

51. Roger says:

Bats alive. Even “I forgot how to hit” Martin got one of his 3 hits for the month. Hey, nice throw to 2nd Russell. At least Kemp didn’t have to go get it.

52. Mark Timmons says:

You may find it hard to believe, but Martin actually hit .317 with a .391 OB% in July.

He also hit .330 in May, but his undoing was that he hit .205 in April and .190 in June.

53. Mark Timmons says:

He just has no power.

54. Roger says:

There you go Mark, STATS. Forget the stats, Martin has not come through — choked time and time again this year. If his stats are so good, why did he not make the All-Star Team. Also, a week ago, when his name was mentioned in trade talks, they also said Martin is not longer considered a center piece of a trade, but a fringe player to a trade.

Maybe he will start hitting, but he is really now the traditional 8th place hitter. The extra guy. But he is your man. He is in your blood.

Mark,

Actually, you’re going to be mad at me. I’m having a RO system installed in my house today, and I didn’t order it from you.

Did I miss something? I had the Brewer feed, and the announcer (can’t recall his name) mentioned that Martin had signed a six year deal with the Dodgers. Unless I was asleep the day the deal was signed, these announcers need to get their facts straight.

Nice job by Guillermo Mota protecting Manny. If, as the Brewer announcers reported it, Troncoso was warming up in the pen, it was likely discussed beforehand. Throw at my best hitter, and expect the same when one of your best steps to the plate.

A few things to think about:

Kuroda, for the most part, looked a lot better. I think we can look forward to further improvement down the road.

Ethier got two solid hits against lefthanded pitchers.

Matt Kemp is more valuable higher in the lineup. In the last few dasy he’s hit 5th and 6th, a definite improvement over his hitting 8th. Based on his production, I think it’s now time to move him into a more prominent role, and hit him third in front of Manny. Kemp, Ethier and Manny need to be hitting as a cluster in the Dodger lineup. Kemp has grown up suffiently as hitter to be trusted to produce higher up.

57. Mark Timmons says:

Brooklyn,

I’m not mad at you. However, you must be super-rich because you paid a lot more than you needed to.

58. Knickerbocker Dave says:

why hasnt anyone brought up Fielder charging the Dodger clubhouse?

59. Knickerbocker Dave says:

i’ll have to stand in Mota’s corner in this one because i’m not convinced that mota hit him on purpose. i dont think he has it in him to hit a player … besides, we all know Torre didnt put him on the mound with a 13 run lead because of his legendary control.

60. Mark Timmons says:

See the new post above.

And Mota did mean to hit Fielder!

Our little Guillermo has come a long way hasn’t he? He drilled a dude without running backwards after the ball him the guy. It’s not a good thing that they hit Fielder when we were up by 2 touchdowns, if we were gonna get these guys back it should have been done the next game….oh wait Schmidt is pitching? Good job Mota!

62. Knickerbocker Dave says:

according to Vin Scully’s lip reading skills, as Fielder was taking his base he repeatedly invited Mota to enjoy a meal after the game at Fuddruckers.

63. Blue Haze says:

Fielder heard that Tommy was back with his food spread following the game, the whale was hungry.

Mark, nice sympathy play. We don’t hate in here, we discuss and debate. Get your personal feelings out of the way, you wouldn’t talk like that with a group of guys over having a few beers, would you? For your sake, I hope not. So keep your head up, eyes off yourself, feelings at least tucked under your sleeve, and enjoy. IMHO, this board is a lot more interesting when posters actually make comments and further the conversation that is begun by another poster. What I often see is very little interaction and more or less posters just wanting to barf their opinions out on everyone. Go ahead and barf but lets at least dig around in the puke and interact with each other on the subject. One more thing, it really is a shame that most fun or funny posts are totally taken personally and then the whining begins. I can deal with a lot of things, but whining is one of the worst. Make your takes, comment on others takes and for God’s sake no more whiny posts (from anyone). Let’s have a little fun and very little crybaby shat.

Mark, please don’t respond with “if you don’t like it so much, go somewhere else”, that is the epitome of whiny responses. If I didn’t like it, I would leave. However, just because I like something doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement.

PEACE

64. Knickerbocker Dave says:

Blue haze, i hate you so much right now because you beat me to the “Fielder & Food” blast. i was trying to be clever and got caught holding that trump a little to long. Hey fielder, cheer up – your skid of Hotpockets just showed up!