First of all, I respect your record and the air of professionalism you bring to the Dodgers. I know we have the best record in baseball and the players like you. I just have a laundry list of things I want you to consider:
- Don’t bring Mota in with runners on base. He’ll always let them score. Bring him in to start an inning and he’s good for two innings.
- Of all the great managers who have managed around 3,000 games, you have the lowest percentage of being ejected – 59 times in your career, but I can’t remember the last time. Yes, I know you are laid back. I know you are prepared. I know you are not a screamer, but when your players get some bad calls (like that double taken from Ethier), I think you just need to “go off” on an umpire to let them know you will defend your players and most importantly, show the players you have their back. You can apologize to the Ump after the game and tell them you were just doing it for your “boys.” Get kicked out of a couple of games soon, OK?
- Oh, and while you are at it, have Larry get kicked out a few times. He won’t have any problems with that. He knows what to do (maybe he can give you some free lessons). Get some fire going!
- You need to have a talk with Casey Blake who hurt his wrist lifting weights after a game. He should be hoisting beers, not weights after a game. Evidently they don’t raise them right in Iowa. Teach him what to do.
- Rotate a pitcher back to AAA every other day and brin g a new one up, so you’ll have fresh meat available in the pen. So, rotate Kuo, Belisario, Wade and Lindbllom every other day. It’s really simple…
- Would you have someone beat Russ Martin over the head with a bat everytime he tries to pull the ball? I meant it!
- Oh, and move Matt Kemp up in the lineup!
- Belisario is on a rehab assignment to IE.
- Corey Wade was optioned to AAA after his rehab was over.
- Josh Lindblom pitched one shutout inning at ALBQ and now has a 2.75 ERA there.
- Matt Kemp is becoming out best clutch hitter. I mean CLUTCH!
- Elbert looks like he will be useful.
- Jason Schmidt does it all. You cannot stop him, you can only hope to contain him.
- Ethier, Kemp and Loney all with 3 hits – NICE! Martin with 2.
- Milwaukee comes to town tonight – King Clayton goes for LA.
- Dylan Hernandez of The LA Times:
Martin said dropping three games to St. Louis at the start of the trip opened the Dodgers’ eyes. “It made us realize what type of team we’re going to have to beat in October,” Martin said. “Both of these teams were tough, but St. Louis was tough. They don’t give anything away, they pitch well, they play good defense. They’re in the back of our minds, I’m sure.”
Oh, and play nice today!