Gametime – 07-17-09

Torre’s Game Notes:

• Pierre starts in CF
  • Beliasrio is throwing
  • Kuo will pitch tomorrow in San Bernardino
  • Broxton is available tonight
  • Cory Wade may go back on the DL
  • They are deciding who will be the 5th Starter for Monday (I predict it will be Schmidt)

Lineup:

LINEUP

12 Responses to “Gametime – 07-17-09”

Romo is right, C Bills is soft.

Disregard my last, we need an Ace!

Anyone for Roy Oswalt?

4. Roger says:

There are times when a “bad” turns out to be a good.

Living in San Antonio — when Houston plays another team, and it is not their broadcast, DirecTV cuts out the game in these here parts. They think I am an Astros fan, and that I should drive 3 hours plus to the game, pay my money, stay overnight in a hotel or sleep in my car, and drive back the next day.

So I did not get to see the Astros first inning. See, the “bad” (no TV of the game) turns out to be “good” (I did not have to suffer watching our “Ace” get knocked all around the park, and Owsalt zip the Dodgers.

I disagree with some of the posts on the last thread. The Dodgers are in deep kim-sheeee right now.

Maybe they can rebound in this game — but if not, they will be two games below .500 at the beginning of the other side of the All-Star break.

Right now I am watching the Giants tied with the Pirates, 1-1 in the 10 inning.

How is the Ace doing . . . oh, I just turned on the radio broadcast of the Dodger game, Vinny . . .

C-Bills ERA will go up tonight. How long, how many starts since he won his last game. Send him Down . . . and bring up some new Meat.

5. Roger says:

If you think the Dodgers are having trouble tonight — Tiger Woods missed the cut in The Open.

Someone better the Dodgers that just because Manny is back on the field of play — they still have to try hard to do their share.

Something is wrong with Billingsley.

Dodger pitching, it has been a concern for me since Day 1.

Maybe it has begun.

7. Roger says:

Okay, I cannot see the game in my study. Time to turn all of this stuff off, and watch tonight’s “Mental” (on Fox) that my DVR recorded earlier tonight.

I need to get well.

Yep that is our “ace”!!

The guy is soft overhyped and fat. Now do we need pitching help? C Bills may be a nice pitcher someday but he is not an ace. He has no guts andcan not show up against a good hitting team. Quit covering for this guy. I am tired of hearing …”well we went up against Oswalt or Lincecum or another true ace.” The kid is overhyped and not ready for primetime. He is a # 3 starter.

Do we want to win this year or do we want a group of kids we can take home to grandmas house? We have a World Series caliber offense with a 1st round exit pitching staff! So now we decide Chad Billingsley or Clayton Kershaw. We can’t keep them both and win this year. One of these guys will bring us an ace. We can win it all with an ace. If we keep them both we will be embarrased in Oct!

One last thing. Would it be so much to ask to have a pitcher with a mean streak? These kids act like they are afraid to make the opposition mad. Damn it guys!!! Have a set when you are out there!

Badger nothing is wrong with Billingsley. He is just a coward.

Pathetic

Astro scouts are much better than Dodger scouts.

Bills tippiing his pitches and throwing the wrong type of fastball

As I said last week Kershaw is the new Ace

Fortunately the Dodgers finally have 3-4 long relievers – Go Weaver.

Time to buy another ticket for DeWitt as the Dodgers will need 13 pitchers on Monday.

1. Baseballbriefs.com tracking back Gametime – 07-17-09…

Baseballbriefs.com tracking back Gametime – 07-17-09…