A Game Is Brewing

A Game Is Brewing
  • 8:10 EDT/5:10 PDT in Milwaukee
  • Matt Kemp lost the last All-Star OF spot to Jason Werth – All The Philly OF made it, including 2 ex-Dodgers.

Dodgers-Brewers

30 Responses to “A Game Is Brewing”

1. Blue Haze says:

Me likey seeing Ethier staying in the 2 hole in front of Manny (that sounds wrong), change the end of the order to Kemp 6, Martin 7, Hudson 8.

I still prefer Kemp in the 3rd spot hitting in front of Manny at #4. However, if the objective is to get Ethier to hit in front of Manny, then bat Kemp at #2, Ethier at #3 and Manny at #4. Kemp’s speed and overall hitting ability are wasted hitting in front of the pitcher (except that he occasionally helps to clear the pitcher, leaving Furcal to lead off the following inning). He’s also easier to bunt over to 2nd, and is more likely than most to score from 2nd on a base hit. None of that is close to enough to be justification for his hitting 8th.

Maybe there’s a reason for Kemp hitting at the bottom of the order that hasn’t been revealed to us. The only thing I can think of, is that the coaching staff thinks hitting 8th will make him a more patient and disciplined hitter, and that he can eventually carry those qualities into a higher spot in the order. Personally, I think the time has come.

Maybe Kemp is a selfish player who needs to not be part of the meat of the order because he can not bunt and will not discipline himself to hit the ball where it needs to be hit based upon the situation and where the runners are, plus there is the strike out issue, and plus he is inconsistent becasuse he usually is terrible in the beginning of the game and great in the last 3 innings, or Torre is as stupid as the manager who picked Werth over Kemp and Pierre for the All Star game.

4. Mark Timmons says:

Nice Blast by Andre!

Softy goes yard…..

6. Mark Timmons says:

OK, if you say so…

Get the bullpen ready. Bills with 73 to get through 4.

8. Mark Timmons says:

He’s in the 6th, but has 104!

Gradyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Take out Pedrooooooooo
    When he has 90 pitches in the 5th inninggggggggggggggggggg

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Well Ethier’s K with a runner on third wasn’t hard to predict. Stetter is LH specialist and Andre is hitting .183 against LHers this year. But, you must leave him in there in that situation. Even if you wanted to, we have nobody to hit for him.

Battle of bullpens now.

12. Mark Timmons says:

Andre is clueless against a good LH pitcher.

I’m Torre the moron I am
    Torre the moron I am, I am
    I ran the pitcher out there again
    He’s pitched seven days in a row
    And every mistake was Torre’s (Torre’s)
    I’m not a Half-wit or a Twit (no Twit)
    I’m the moron old man, I’m Torre
    Torre the moron I am

Second verse same as the first

I’m Torre the moron I am
    Torre the moron I am, I am
    I ran the pitcher out there again
    He’s pitched seven days in a row
    And every mistake was Torre’s (Torre’s)
    I’m not a Half-wit or a Twit (no Twit)
    I’m the moron old man, I’m Torre
    Torre the moron I am

I’m Torre the moron I am
    Torre the moron I am, I am
    I ran the pitcher out there again
    He’s pitched seven days in a row
    And every mistake was Torre’s (Torre’s)
    I’m not a Half-wit or a Twit (no Twit)
    I’m the moron old man, I’m Torre
    Torre the moron I am

T-O-R-R-E
    Torre (Torre)
    Torre (Torre)
    Torre the moron I am, I am
    Torre the moron I am

14. Mark Timmons says:

Let me see?

If I can unravel your syntax, you think Torre might be a moron?

Is that it?

15. Joseph says:

“Andre is clueless against a good LH pitcher.”

yes he has been, but the bigger issue there was furcal popping up with a runner on third with less than two outs he needed to get a hit there, this hasn’t been furcal’s night double play.

We sure could have used a lead-off hitter tonight.

Moronic to use both long relievers last night when not necessary

Probably will bring in Broxton to save the game because he never is able to pitch well on 5 days rest.

18. Mark Timmons says:

Let me understand….

Joe has an IQ under 82?

Who knew?

I’m pretty sure Kemp just hit a soft grand slam.

Blake had a soft clutch triple right CB?

And Kemp is silently proving that Charlie Manuel is a moron

Blake was 1 for 5 Bill. You sure love that guy don’t you? Yeah, good hit at a good time, but the real nail was hammered by Kemp.

What is up with Broxton? I think he and Bills could both use the time off. I hope neither of them get in that game.

Well CB, I didn’t want to go there but lets examine the current stats for LaRoche vs Blake

Andy
    Avg-.269 Runs- 39 RBI’s -34 HR – 4 OPS – .730

Casey
    Avg-.290 Runs- 46 RBI’s -53 HR – 12 OPS – .860

That’s currently an across the board ass whippin.
    I think I do really like the Foundation……

I also noticed how quick you were pointing out his error the other day. And you don’t think your biased???????

And yes everything is great at home CB……

Lighten up Francis. I want no battle with you.

It’s a long season and it’s a friendly bet. I’ll do the push-ups, unless you continue to have an attitude about this.

Is an attitude simply pointing out something that you may be wrong about? And is that enough to break the pushup contract? We may have to consult Lawdog. It’s a long season CB and Andy may come back to surpass the Foundation. I’m rooting for him….

Besides, you can take some friendly jabs can’t you?

Werth over Kemp was absurd. But really, the guy that should have been picked is, and I hate to say it, Pablo Sandoval.

Yeah, I can take jabs with the best of them.

‘cept from LeRoy Mitchell. He decked me in boot camp and I still see stars from it.