Here’s a quote from Andre Ethier:
“I’m here competing for a job next year any way I can. I’m not sure if it’s going to be here or with another team, so I have to go out there and perform well. Minus one guy or not, I still have to go out there and play well and perform well.” – Dodgers.com by Cash Kruth
That seems like an odd thing to say. Why would Andre Ethier say this? Does he know something we don’t? I mean, why say “I’m not sure if it’s going to be here or with another team?” What prompted that? That is whack! To me it sounds like he’s playng for just Andre and not the Dodgers… I don’t know what to think about that.
Jason Schmidt went 5 innings at AAA Sunday and allowed 3 ER on 7 hits. He struck out 5 and walked 1. Now if you think there is any correlation between his stats and whether he can pitch for the Dodgers, you are completely wrong. When a major league pitcher is on a rehab start, he is working of things like control, break, arm slot and other things. What I want to know is what the velocity is and how he feels today. I think that if he feels fine today, he will start against Houston in next weekends series. The Dodgers need to see if he can be a factor or not. No need to wait any longer.
We are seeing Clayton Kershaw evolve into a big time pitcher. Sure, he’s still throwing too many pitches, but now he’s mixing in change ups (he threw 7 yesterday) and sliders with his fastball and curve. Yesterday, he threw all four pitches very effectively. He is now our #2 starter and I believe you can expect more of the same from him in the second half.
- The Dodgers are looking for a veteran reliever who has closing experience. GEORGE SHERRILL?
- I will pitch for the Dodgers before Charlie Haeger.
- Look for the Dodgers to sign C-Bill to a long-term contract soon.
- My final question is: Will Clayton Kershaw be our Opening Day starter in 2010 or will it happen in 2011?
- Do you all realize how “special” Clayton is? Ditto for Matt Kemp.
- Lindblom, Martin, Ethier, Pierre (3-way deal) and Gordon for Halladay and Wells? Would you do it?