- That Manny Ramirez would be 8th on the Dodgers in RBI?
- That Raffy would be hitting .239 (you would have never believed that one either – you might have believed .439 easier)?
- That Andre Ethier would be hitting .268?
- That Russ Martin would be hitting .250?
- That Casey Blake would be our cleanup hitter?
- That Hiroki Kuroda would miss most of April and all of May
- That Juan Pierre would have more RBI than Manny?
If anyone would have told you that stuff, you would have thought the Dodgers were doomed. One thing about this team: They are the only team in MLB who has never lost 3 games in a row this year. I think the season ebbs and flows and you will see some slumps and some streaks, but if we can just stay away from a 3-game losing streak, we should be fine. It’s only Almost July!
- That was an impressive display of power by Andre Ethier. Almost as good as Shawn Green. 13 of his 14 HR have came at home. 1 HR on the road? Go figure! The last Dodger to hit 3 HR in a game? Hee Sop Choi.
- Young Clayton evened his record at 5-5 and his ERA is now 3.70 – very respectable! In fact, since May 1st, Clayton’s ERA is 2.48. Do some of you really still think he doesn’t belong in the majors?
- Mota also continues to re-bound and has been a very effective middleman.
- I don’t put much credence in the Jarrod Washburn rumors, especially since Jason Schmidt pitched 7 2/3 scoreless innings for Albuquerque in a rehabilitation start last night. The righty gave up five hits and one walk while striking out seven. He threw 104 pitches. He’s close…
- Cory Wade was optioned to AAA and Eric Milton was recalled to start tonight. I like Cory, but he as been ineffective of late. I think he’s injured.
- Eric Stults pitched 3 innings in his first re-hab action.
Yesterday, I just had to work on a quote for a State Job for about 4 hours (on my computer at home). It was due at 3 PM and I had to put it all together. It was hard to stay awake that long, so I slept from about 1-4 and then met with my web guru from 4-6 and then slept until just gametime. I was unable to comment during the game. It would not accept my comments, Miguel. Anyone else with issues? I watched until the 7th and then dozed off. I recorded it and watched the rest this AM.
I feel really good. I am able to get in and out of bed by myself. My incision looks “wonderful – that’s the best one I have ever seen” said my home nurse. It’s dry and they removed the dressing. If I get an infection, the hip has to come out, so that would not be good.
This and That
- It took Lou a long time to finally have gotten tired of Milton Bradley’s antics. It should be very interesting from hereforth. We all know he’s a headcase.
- Still up 8 on the Giants and still the best record in baseball.
- I have a sneakin’ feeling that Jason Schmidt is going to earn his keep here pretty soon. If he can just bring it 91-92 and pitch 6 or 7 he would be a huge find. Yeah, I know… but past performance is not indicative of future prospects.