Randy Wolf Was Lights Out

Randy Wolf Was Lights Out

Literally!  He threw 67 pitches in 5 innings and was on his way to his best outing of the year and was so “lights out” that a bank of lights literally went out (or didn’t come one) which resulted in a nearly 2 hour “light delay” and ended his night.   The pen held on after Cory Wade gave up a HR to the Fathead (more about that later) and the Bison blasted a 2-run HR to win the game.  Maybe Joe Torre knows more than we do about where to bat Kemp, but right now, Matt feels like he should be in the “middle-of-the-order.”  Maybe Joe thinks Matt is not ready to hit in the middle of the order.  Maybe Joe thinks he’ll doe better right now under less pressure – I don’t know what Joe thinks, but there have to be some reason you bat a guy like that 9th.  At least I hope there’s a reason…

I would like to see Matt Kemp hitting 4th, with the O-Dog moving up to #2 and Ethier 3rd with Loney 5th.  That’s good L-R-L balance.  In fact, here’s the lineup I would like to see kemp27today:

1. Pierre  DH
  2. Hudson  2B
  3. Ethier  RF
  4. Kemp  CF
  5. Loney  1B
  6. Blake  3B
  7. Hoffman  LF
  8. Ausmus  C
  9. Castro  SS

On to the Fathead:  I just knew that Jones was going to be swinging on the first pitch because Wade has a reputation of getting a strike on his first pitch to a better.  I felt that he should have thrown it in the dirt and got an easy strike on Jones.  Jones can’t hit – he guesses and has experience to guess right on occasion.  Personally, I would have drill him, but that’s just me.  Now we hear that he left LA because Frank McCourt “disrespected” him.  If Fathead thinks McCourt disrespected him, let me show him what disrespect is.

Fathead, you left because you were fat and slow, and I don’t mean physically fat and slow – you are mentally fat and slow.  Physically you are fat and fatter.  Mentally you are dumb and dumber.  Out of all players in major league history who have accumulated at least 200 AB’s you have the worst batting record OF ALL TIME!   Respect?  What is there to respect?  That spare tire around your waist, or the air in your head that should be in that tire?  You are an overrated worthless piece of crap and the fact that Frank McCourt didn’t have some thugs tear off your Dodger uniform and allowed you to draw breath is all the “respect” you deserve, you piece of trash!  If I were Frank, I would talk to Joe and have Mota dot you today.  You are pathetic!  JUST SHUTUP AND GO AWAY!

33 Responses to “Randy Wolf Was Lights Out”

1. doyerfan says:

good line up.maybe de witt will play for blake…i would have dh'd for martin the last two nights not the pitcher..his swings are getting bigger and never hits line drives.his defense is ok except for some lazy back hand jabs on balls in the dirt sometimes. you can tell though that ausmus has been working with him on defense this year..dodgers are holding their own….fat ass jones was good riddance.how can you blame the guy that gave you 36mil for your crappy performance.now thats disrespectul you "fat ass"…

2. CaptainLoose says:

Like I mentioned in the other thread, Jones is only partially to blame. Our management hired el gordo at a cost that, had it happened in pre-deregulated corporate America, would have resulted in the firing of the man who did it. The Braves dumped Jones for good reasons, and we gave him a raise to come play for us. He came to work for people who did not do due diligence and those people got exactly what they deserved. Frankie and Jed are just as culpable as is sentido figurado Andruw Freakin' Jones.

Who is our long reliever? Don't we have somebody who can step in and give us 3 innings? Wolf gives us 5, then we go through 4 pitchers to get the other 4 completed. This pen is going to wear out fast at this rate.

3. I Miss the 51's says:

Our long reliever is Jeff Weaver and I believe he pitched 2 and a third innings on Wednesday. I don't know what the recovery time is for long relievers, but that might have been the reason why.

I'm glad Joe reads this blogs and takes my suggestions (NOT). Here's the lineup for today:

1. Pierre, LF

2. Furcal, SS

3. Hudson, 2B

4. Blake, 3B

5. Ethier, RF

6. Kemp, CF

7. Loney, 1B

8. Martin, DH

9. Ausmus, C

Billingsley, P

5. mark says:

He’s horrible

6. Damnit! Hudson just K'd looking with the bases juiced! This game is too close for me, even though we have a great pen!

On the TV feed, the main Texas announcer ??? has the basics, but his voice drains on the ears.

Question, I think this is the same guy that for the past year or two, did some Dodger games in Spring Training on the radio via the web? Was he not???

• Roger Dodger, you need to get MLB.tv. It allows you to listen to the home or road announcers/broadcast AND you can listen to the home or road radio broadcast for every game. Its a great deal and has HD quality this season as well as DVR functionality.

8. Miguel Salcido says:

Guardado just pitched to Ethier, and struck him out with Blake on second and no outs. Then he pitched around Kemp. Hmmmmm, does that tell you something? It says that even the league is not afraid of Ethier and feel that he is not as good as Kemp. They fear Kemp and mock Ethier!

9. Loney = RBI

Where is everyone today?

10. Loney is THE best! RBI machine. He may not hit the snot out of the ball but he "get's the job done!"

The Texas announcer, not Loney!

Time to say good riddance to Smiley in the bottom of the 9th. Who gets the honor?

Yes. No June swoon here.

That is what I have been saying all season regarding long relievers

15. Ed Tolbert says:

Were it not for the suspension I would loved to have seen formerly fat Andrew get drilled/knocked on
    his ass on our way out of town. A man gives you 36 million to show up for work hungover from twinkies
    and you say he dis-respects you when it's pointed out you can't run out of a shower of crap with a 30
    second headstart. What a creep!

Miguel, I have had MLB.TV / Extra Innings for the past 9 years (or so). But here in Texas, they block out Texas games (Rangers & Astros) games that have the other announcers — and give the Texas feed. DirecTV, in those situations, searches for the viewer, and then switches to the local feed.

But it is interesting to hear the other announcers once and awhile.

When I was a kid, growing up in Tucson, I was on split session in jurior and senior high (7, 8, 9 & 10 grades), in the morning. So, getting home, I would do homework while listening to the Mutural Radio Game of the Day. They broadcated from different parks every day. Loved to hear the different announcers.

Here is some info. some of you might have listened as I once did:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_on_Mutual

The following site has some interesting info., even some direct broadcast quotes.

research.sabr.org/brj/index.php/al-helfer

Miguel,

It might also be that Guardado is a lefty and preferred pitching to the lefthanded hitting Ethier, as opposed to the righthanded Kemp.

18. BillRussell says:

Congrat's to the LA Lakers…………………………………..

Why did they lose one game? What's up with that? ;)

20. CaptainLoose says:

I was actually thinking they would go back to L.A. and win it in front of the home crowd. But, the Magic looked like they wanted nothing to do with that idea. Once the Lakers put the pedal down, they mowed through them. Great team. I wonder if they can keep it together. I would like to see them get a better outside shooter off the bench.

I am thinking about taking up golf. My baseball and softball days are over, and I have only dabbled at golf. I always figured it was a game that real athletes took up after their playing days are over. And, that's me. How about we play 18 soon Mark? We'll get a cart.

No cart – you have to walk it. I'll be able walk it by September.

That's my new sport too.

I retired from city league basketball at 43, softball at 54. I am ready for golf.

I am actually a good putter and I can still hit 'em over 320 with a Big Bertha.

But my in-between game sucks! I can't use a chipping wedge to save my life.

Is anyone else already sick of Eric Collins? It isn't because he is not Vin Scully& it isn't because I miss Charie Steiner. The guy is just bad! I don't understand why he starts ridiculous conversations even "arguments" with Steve Lyons. Lyons isn't the greatest in the booth and it seems as if he is annoyed with Collins. How long do we have to listen to him? Isn't Ross Porter unemployed? Give us that lush back. Please Ross come home, the drinks are on me!!

23. CaptainLoose says:

Who is Eric Collins?

I was done with competitive baseball at age 57. I hit my last home run, a 375 ft. bomb, at age 54 so, I had a great run. My elbow went, my shoulders, knees and for baseball the worst – my eyes. I went from 20-10 in my right eye to 20-30 and all of that combined told me it was time to hang them up. I could probably still play over 60 softball, but, there are no teams close to me now. All the old guys around here play golf. I was never any good at it, but, I like going out with my friends and banging the ball around. We'll make it happen some day mover.

Getting old ain't for sissies.

Captain ,
    Collins is the new "Voice of the Dodgers" when they are East of the Rockies. The guy is horrible. Consider youself lucky if you live outside the area and get to hear the other broadcast. Collins refers to the Dodgers as "Los Angeles" and went on a rant yesterday against shinguards for hitters. It was really ridiculous. Maybe its just me but I have to turn the volume down at times.

I am a bit younger than you guys but I know what it is like when you body stops letting you do the things you love. I am a runner and have always played softball with family since my baseball playing days ended. I have developed arthritis in my big toe and have a bad knee from years of playing sports (3 knee surgeries before 25). At 34 I feel sometimes like it shouild be easier to do somethings. Props to you guys for staying active into your 50's and beyond! I only hope I can make it that far.

I joked last week about Jim Tracey being a good coach and the reason for the Rockies playing better. It seems that the real reason that they are playing so well is that they realize that there are many more important things than baseball as they lost several games when Torvit's son was kidnapped and they have not lost a game since his son was found. These types of events can be make us weaker or stronger and this event has appearantly helped the Rockies to come together as a team. Their pitching has become lights out and most of their position plauers are now hitting well. Best wishes for their second place run.

GPA Stat for All Star selection

Martin – 6th
    Loney – 14th
    Hudson – 2nd
    Blake – 3rd
    furcal – 9th
    Pierre – 5th
    Kemp – 2nd
    Either – 4th (But last among all starting RFs in Clutch -6.6) He might as well get Mr. Softie tattoed on his arm

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

28. CaptainLoose says:

Coincidental relationships with causes? I don't get it.

Are you suggesting I lost it NOT because of arms, legs, shoulders eyes all going south the same year?

res ipsa liquator

30. CaptainLoose says:

I can do this:

Nunquam lamiae morde me dice

31. CaptainLoose says:

The Rockies remain a scary bunch. They have a very good nucleus there.

Who cares if any Dodgers make the All Star team. What I care about is that they still have the best record at the break.

I predict Ethier's numbers in the clutch will improve. Especially when Manny gets back. Everyone's likely will improve.

Yeah Romey, as you get older you really do have to take better care of yourself if you intend to continue playing at the level you are used to. I played tournament softball for over 30 years, and was on a team called the Sonoma FOG over 50 slow pitch team that beat everybody. We even handed the Over 60 World Champions their collective ass. And finding MABL was a godsend for me. Baseball again, and I was over 50 when I found it. Man was that fun. I could still hit after all those years, and defense always came easy to me. Stay on the field as long as you can cuz once it is over, you are done and you cannot go back.