O-Dog is “beat up,” whatever that means

O-Dog is “beat up,” whatever that means

June 3, 2009 – Tony Jackson’s Blog¬†- This is what Torre said in his pregame:

“Hudson’s beat up. We talked after the game, and we decided to take a day or two. He’s just beat up. We’ll take it a day at a time with him.”

orlando-hudson-hits-for-the-cycle

15 Responses to “O-Dog is “beat up,” whatever that means”

I knew O-Dog was "up beat" but beat up?

2. Maybe the effects of Hoffmann's elbow are lingering? :)

Who let the Dog out?

Who?

Hu?

4. CaptainLoose says:

Let the man have some hot tub time. He has earned it.

5. Blue Haze says:

So far he has been an iron man, he needs a rest, hope nothing is really wrong.

Castro is a pretty nice replacement in the field and he has been no slouch with the bat thus far this season.

Look for the Dodgers to be adding a big-time pitcher to their line-up this month.

Tom Glavin is available. We could send Kuroda and Billingsley to the pen and start the following:

1. Kershaw – L
    2. Wolf – L
    3. Milton – L
    4. Stults -L
    5. Glavine – L

Tom Glavine is available. We could send Kuroda and Billingsley to the pen and start the following:

1. Kershaw – L
    2. Wolf – L
    3. Milton – L
    4. Stults -L
    5. Glavine – L

Being an old codger myself, if only to provide wisdom, Glavine would be a positive move. I really doubt that a big-time pitcher will be added this month unless the Royals give up and give us Zack for Furcal and any starter not named Chad or Clayton. A real possibility at the trade deadline could be Cliff Lee. As good as he has been, I think Juan may need to catch his breath also. Now lets score some runs.

I refuse to be an "old codger" and after I get my hip replaced on June 23rd I'll kick anyboday's a___… nevermind!

10. Bill_Russell says:

What, try to kick our A____'s? Mark you're about my age so you had better just watch the action from the side lines like the rest of us old codger's. I'm off to get a glass of ice cold us water system filtered pure water. Peace…..

11. Bill_Russell says:

Mark, you sound a little frisky, Did you take your geritol tonight? What the hell was Matt Kemp just doing? Why isn't Duncan screaming in his ear?

12. BillRussell says:

Johnny Bull Broxton. He's the man

Tony,

Very familiar picture of you. I still take a look at that other blog on occasion. Does my heart good to see zero responses to practically every post. And the very few responses (yes, even one from me) have little or nothing to do with baseball or the Dodgers.

14. Tony Jackson says:

Thanks Brooklyn. I have noticed that the only comments they're getting are about how bad their blog has become. As for Glavine, the Los Angeles Times reported tonight that the Dodgers aren't interested. They didn't really cite any sources. Knowing how things work around there, I'm guessing Kevin Baxter asked Colletti if the Dodgers were interested, Colletti said no, Colletti added that his saying no was off the record and didn't want his name attached to it. But the point is, Glavine isn't coming.

Damn, we take our mobility for granted…

I will never do that again.