I’mmmm Baaaaacccckkkk!

I’mmmm Baaaaacccckkkk!

… and so was Manny!

22 Hours Post-Op.

Like a bad penny.  I don’t remember much about yesterday and I’ve got this zipper on the side of my hip, but I actually feel very good today.  All my vitals are good.  I walked yesterday evening and the PT people (“painful terrorists”) will be here soon.  Kuroda evidently pitched a good game last night.  Hey think about this:  Phil Mickelson = Andre Ethier.

More Later.isotopes_logo_white

20 Responses to “I’mmmm Baaaaacccckkkk!”

Welcome back Mark along with the NL West!!

The NL West has the second best average wins per team and is above .500 in interleague play. These Stats give some credence to the postulate that the Dodgers are for real and will last as long as a good metal hip.

Mark, your hair and beard will probably now turn white faster then a US President's. That op is tough on the age meter.

2. Blue Haze says:

Glad to hear you are doing well following surgery. NOw, listen to the PTs and be good in there, if you give them nurses any static they will sedate your ass in a heartbeat. How long do you figure to have to stay in the hospital? Hospitals are wonderful if you are really, really sick, however when you get anywhere close to feeling decent a hospital is the most miserable place to be (well, maybe except being Iran at the moment).

After the game, I heard that James Loney had promised to hit an HR for MT, knowing that you would be hospitalized he wanted to do something special to help in the recovery. Now get better, you big monkey!

Haze,

The plan was for me to get out Friday, but I am ahead of schedule and doing all the PT's, so I may go home tomorrow.

The nurses all love me. I am a salesman, first foremost and always. They look forward to coming in here beause I joke with them a sincerely compliment them. Never complain.

Ken,

No stress here, my BP is 112/73 and my heart rate was 74.

Blue haze that is hilarious!! "James Loney had promised to hit an HR for MT" Awesome.

Mark it is good to hear from you brother we were all pulling for you. But C'mon Andre Ethier = Phil Mickelson? How about Andy LaRoche = Happy Gilmore? Nevermind lets not start this.

6. CaptainLoose says:

I don't get it.

Glad to hear you are feeling ok mover. I suspect your body will respond quickly and you will be back on the dance floor in no time.

Phil Mickleson is a great golfer.

Andy might be Happy Gilmore…

8. BillRussell says:

The sad thing about MT's new hip is that now when I give Mark Shit, he may be able to catch me. Get Well Soon my friend. Manny's coming to the I.E. but the games are already sold out. Pull some strings D Romes………

9. BillRussell says:

Why would Seattle trade us Washburn for Pierre. Aren't they trying to dump salary? McCourt doesn't want to take on more salary this year which is stupid in my opinion. We are very very close to winning a championship this year and to pinch pennies would be silly. Wake up Frank

I don't think the Washburn for Pierre is happening for the reason you said BRuss…$$$$$ However we might be able to throw guys like Hu, Repko, and a mid level pitcher or some cash into the deal and land J Wash. I think he could be good here. I have a phone call into Bernie (the 66er mascot) I will see if I can nab some tix for next week. Actually my wife is due any second now with the newest baby Romo so going to game is on the back burner for now.

Mark,
    glad to here day 1 of rehab is going good. Keep it up. Remember you priorities! Blog, Rehab, Blog, Rehab! This is no time to be "soft".
    By the way: To be honest I don't follow golf so comparing Ethier to Mickelson didn't phase me, it may as well have been Chi Chi Rodriguez.

Mickelson is the guy who aways seems to come up short in the clutch. Witness BethPage Black.

Lefty should have won and the world was behind him.

12. CaptainLoose says:

Oh.

And that compares to Ethier how????

Oh. Yeah. 3 months worth of Bill James numbers. Now I get it.

LaRoche and Gilmore?

13. Blue Haze says:

Alright Mark, nice to hear you are proceeding along so fast (see my prayers were of value).

LaRoche can't = Crappy Gilmore, LaRoache ain't kosher.

Good luck DRomo with the new baby, if you can tip me off on your way to the hospital for delivery, I may be able to put in a good word with Loney and see if he would be willing to hit a HR on the day your kid arrives. Gosh, I like the Loney kid, he is so helpful.

14. How about Mark and M@nny "rehabbing at the same time?

So that means that Mark's new hip is like…… M@nny's erectile dysfunction? Mark, maybe you should go to Bleacher Report for blogging rehab. :-) LOL OK, had to rib you a bit!

Glad to hear you came through well and that its behind you now. Think of how great it will be to be mobile again and to be able to rundown Mr. Russel or Haze.

Part human part robot, it's robo-mover. Welcome back. I see you are right back up to speed, causing discontentment and arguing. Good job. That really is a pretty good analogy, Andre and Phil. Flashes of brilliance but you know they will choke when it really matters. Hope you get out of that place soon. Hospitals are crawling with all sorts of creepy things plus they don't have beer on the menu. Speaking of brewskis, I'll give a toast , for your speedy recovery, tonight. :}

16. Mike Hawk says:

Be careful Miguel, those guys may catch you in a rundown.

17. lawdog says:

The Ms might be interested in Pierre as their DH if they are serious about unloading Icharo. It seems Icharo has an ego bigger than the Pacific Ocean and with advancing age and eroding skills he's become Seattle's version of Jeff Kent in the clubhouse and he's become a real pain in the ass. Pierre doesn't have an arm like Icharo's, but he's the same kind of singles hitter now that they're both getting up there in age.

I don't know why we'd want Washburn, a 35 year old lefty who must be crafty to get outs now that age is robbing him of his heater. Hell, we've got Milton and Elbert both of whom have great stuff who can step in for naught. MacDonald deserves another look as well.

NO MORE GEEZERS!!!

We've got quality pitchers on the farm waiting for their chance.

18. CaptainLoose says:

I don't think trading Washburn for Pierre's has anything to do with salary. It is an everyday player who has speed and a .300 career average for a 35 year old pitcher who, for a few years now, has been taking the ball consistently. And yeah, why would they do it?

OK, Ethier and Mickelson are the same because…….. Phil is a great golfer?

Andy LaRoche is Happy Gilmore? Sorry, I still don't get it. LaRoche is a rejected hockey player who takes his slap shot skills to the golf course to save his grandmother's house? What am I missing here?