Hong Chi Kuo Pitching Again???

Hong Chi Kuo Pitching Again???

Diamond Lueng reports today that Hong Chi Kuo was seen pitching again…

Maybe Subway subs are part of his rehab regimen/diet? And what’s with the 69 jersey? Diamond says its the cost of the sub in Korea, and its the equivalent of $2 US. Subway is ripping americans, we have to pay $5!!!

I’ll be at the game tonight so follow our Twitters either in the sidebar here on the site or at Twitter, http://twitter.com/ladodgertalk.

Also, if you think of any questions you might want asked of Joe Torre or anyone else today post them in the comments here and I will try to get your questions asked while at the game today.

About Miguel Salcido

Professional online marketing consultant, husband, father, completely obsessed Dodgers fan, writer, speaker, and all around sports fan. I represented LADodgerTalk.com in the press box at Dodger Stadium last season. My favorite player is Orel Hershiser. I am currently grooming my 2 and 4 year old boys as avid Dodgers fans. Follow me on Twitter, http://twitter.com/ladodgertalk. Oh, and I hate the Giants.

27 Responses to “Hong Chi Kuo Pitching Again???”

1. CaptainLoose says:

Yeah, I got a question – how come our pitchers have such difficulty with pitch counts?

It's baseball 101 – throw strikes.

Miguel, pull one on Bowa for me. Ask him what he thinks of the new Selig edict, that as of July 1, all base coaches will be required to have double ear flaps on their helmets. Maybe you could you tube it for me.

3. Hahahahaha. I guess its harder than it looks. ;-) I know that was the biggest thing playing ball growing up was that most of the time it was the walks that killed teams and most pitchers had a hard time throwing strikes. Its not easy to hit that strike zone with different pitches hat do different things and have different grips and possibly different release points.

4. Hahahahaha. I guess its harder than it looks. ;-) I know that was the biggest thing playing ball growing up was that most of the time it was the walks that killed teams and most pitchers had a hard time throwing strikes. Its not easy to hit that strike zone with different pitches that do different things and have different grips and possibly different release points.

5. Greg says:

Actually, that's NT$69 for a 6" sub, so a footlong is NT$138 or ~$4.21. Not that much cheaper than here!

6. Chris says:

Please ask Torre about his reasons for keeping Martin where he does in the order.. even though he hasnt hit well all season, and most Dodger fans believe he should be hitting 7th or 8th everygame… This IMO is a question alot of Dodger fans want to know, as this is whats most talked about in Dodger message boards that I have seen…. So, if you could, please ask Joe what are his reasons for batting Martin 5th or 6th all season long despite a .258 average and NO HRS!!!! why is he driving Dodger fans CRAZY with his refusal to drop Martin lower in the order.. atleast until he gets it going, if he ever does…. I will LOVE you forever if you ask him this question as nobody else seems to do, even though its the most talked about situation all season long

7. Chris says:

continuing that…. I was ok with martin lack of hitting in April, but now were 2 1/2 months into the season and martin is still on zero HRs with a .258 avg…. why is Kemp with 7 HRs hitting 8th, and Martin with ZERO HRs hitting 5th or 6th? Tell Joe its the fans who pay his salary, and we DEMAND Martin hit 8th, so get it done LOL

• Everyone, I did not get all of your questions in time. I wanted to logon and see what people had said but I got to the park late since I drove from San Diego and hit traffic. So when I got here people were already down in the dugout with Torre so I had to race down there and try to squeeze in amongst the throngs of media whores. I'm coming again next Thursday so I will put a call out for more questions at that point. I will add your question to my queue. Thanks Chris! Don't forget to follow the Twitter account!

8. spmartinlad says:

i agree. i want to know why kemp hasnt been moved up. i think that kemp deserved to be moved up in the order even more than martin needs to be moved down.

9. Blue Haze says:

I hear the "69" jersey number is a reference to something else.

CaptBadgerLoose, I was making a point about the belief that "lose" and "loose" are interchangeable words. As Wayne would say "NOT!!!" But who cares.

Who takes a seat when Manny returns? Who platoons and where? Could Manny's return actually begin the sowing of bad seeds and actually destroy a thus far marvelous season? It will be interesting to look at the record after Manny has returned for 50 games.

• Torre said that Pierre would hit the bench and that Manny, Kemp, and Ethier would start. However, he will be sticking to his edict of trying to get Pierre 2 starts a week, which he noted with the outfield at the beginning of the season and said that no one had an issue with that.

Blue, maybe who is hot, and who is not. Most likely it will be Pierre, with occasional starts, like before the Manny-Gate happened.

Both Kemp and Ethier are better outfielders and throwing arms. That counts for something. Kemp is a base threat. Ethier is the best hitter in the major leagues with walk-off-hits (RIGHT MARK? Say "Yes, you all, Ethier is the best walk-off hitter in the major leagues today, bar-none.")

When Manny comes back, the only problem I have with Pierre in the line-up, and Joe putting him 8th (or 9th after the pitcher) — is the line-up with a real weak spot. After the first inning in the line-up: it is three week hitteres in a row. Pierre, pitcher, Furcal . . . There are times at the end of the game, it will take three hits or creative moving along to score a run.

The rest of the way: 2-3-4-5-6-7 all can hit HRs — except Martin (who has yet to do that feat after 60 games: right Mark).

11. CaptainLoose says:

Pierre sits. He is the back-up so there is the occasional start to rest the other three and occasional late inning replacement duty.

What else is there?

12. When I was at the game a couple of weeks ago I was noticing how the ball was just leaping off of Ethier's bat. Then he started hitting last week. And tonight the ball was jumping off of his bat. You can really tell the difference between players when you are down on the field during BP. There are only a couple of people that hit the ball as hard as Ethier, and Kemp was not one of them. But then again maybe Kemp is just not swinging his hardest. He seems like a very relaxed and casual guy.

Torre noted that Ethier's bat speed had improved and that he was having trouble getting that timing on his swing down but seems to have found it and locked into a groove. I tried to get in and ask about his approach changing from trying to go the other way with it to focusing on pulling the ball and how that may have been a reason for the change but could not get it in. But that is what I feel the difference is. Mattingly finally told him to go ahead and start pulling the ball. Loney needs the same advice. Martin needs the opposite advice.

Wow, watching Kershaw tonight — this kid needs to be learning in the minor leagues right now. His command and controll and focus is just not there. With all of the care the Dodgers are give him, instruction, etc. he is just not ready. This business of no hits till the 8th inning in one game, and then 36 pitches in the first inning in another game needs . . . a transfusion of something.

He is terrible. A better team might wrap him up and send him to a shrink.

Vinny mentioned the very large number of pitches that C-Bills used the other night in certain innings, and then Kershaw tonight.

14. Kershaw used too many fastballs I think, in that first inning. He finally started to mix the curve in more and it got him out of the inning. Although Blanco swung at a horrible pitch against a young pitcher struggling from the get go and that was a terrible mistake. We got lucky on that one!

Pierre is Beast Mode again with a leadoff single, steal, and scored on Ethier's (Mr. Clutch don't call me softy) RBI single.

It pays to have a good offense with this year's staff.

15. Buddy says:

Anyone know why Mariano Duncan isn't coaching first base? At least not in the first inning?

I heard that Duncan was suspended for taking a banned supplement: Geritol!

On second though about Kershaw — the Dodgers do not have a better option. So we watch 53 pitches in the first two innings.

18. Thank God we have a good pen and explosive offense!

Weaver got things under control quickly.

20. CaptainLoose says:

"this kid needs to be learning in the minor leagues right now"

Uh, yep. And that is what I have been trying to say all year.

Was Lowe re-signable? Or did we just let him walk out the door because we thought we had 5 without him?

21. Lowe was not re-signable. He made it clear that he wanted out of LA. And he must have wanted it pretty bad considering he went from a legit contender to a struggling club, and in the latter stages of his career.

I think he was running away from the divorce/infidelity scandal he had with that LA reporter. They got married in the off season I think.

22. CaptainLoose says:

Yeah, I kind of thought that might be the case. But I also know we didn't go after him very hard. And, we could sure use him.

OK, anytime with that explosive offense. 3 TB after 6 innings.