Game Time – It’s Good Joe Put Those Slackers on the Bench

Game Time – It’s Good Joe Put Those Slackers on the Bench

Oh, he didn’t?   I guess he must have forgot to read this blog today.

Oh well, that’s an oversight he has made on about the last 500 days!

Anyway,  here’s the lineup, and I will be watching.  It’s down to me and you Joe – let’s see who is right!

Lineup:dodgers

1. Pierre, LF
  2. Furcal, SS
  3. Hudson, 2B
  4. Ethier, RF
  5. Blake, 3B
  6. Loney, 1B
  7. Loretta, DH
  8. Martin, C
  9. Kemp, CF

Wolf, P

NOTES:

• Jon Broxton’s wife gave birth to a baby boy yesterday who was 54″ long, weighed 73 .6 lbs and had a 86 MPH fastball – he may be unavailable tonight.

27 Responses to “Game Time – It’s Good Joe Put Those Slackers on the Bench”

Very good Mark. I really sucked it in about the baby ox. I'm sitting there like 54 inches, damn thats over 4 feet, doh. Hey I needed the smile. I also need a W tonight. We are woefully inept of late. I think with our talent that we should be making short work of these guys. Hope Russ falls in love with the 8th hole and will someone to tell him to take the J off the uni, he might morph into the Russ Martin I remember.

Hey, Andy Jones is in the line-up, batting in the bottom of the 1st.. Maybe Joe should let someone else start the game so we can say, hey heelloo. How about starting Mota, let him hit druw and then watch him take off running. Can't wait.

3. CaptainLoose says:

Pierre, Furcal, Hudson – man I like that top of the order – on paper. If all those guys were right, that is one outstanding first inning lineup.

But Furcal is hitting .247 and I just read that Pierre is hitting .263 in June.

We have a .300 hitter hitting 9th. And Loretta is our DH? We can't do any better than that?

Broxton's kid takes after his mother. He is already full grown.

4. roger Dodger says:

June is a down month.

Who turned out the light?

Who turned out the lights?

7. roger Dodger says:

Most of the Dodger lights have been out for several weeks. The Dodger pen has the light save switch on.

8. roger Dodger says:

Task of this board: to straighten out Russell Martin.

OKAY, Russell is not a kid anymore, he is now 26. He should be entering his prime years. References say he is making $3,900,000 in 2006, that is not hay.

Let us take a look at his 3 year stats, then this year:

8. He needs to be traded, for a new start
    9. Badger needs to become his private hitting coach
    10. He needs his eyes checked
    11. He needs a totally different bat, size, weight, length
    12. He needs to shorten his swing, choaking up
    13. He needs a counselor for some other things going on in his life
    Note: will not comment on is private life
    14. The team, fans, & he himself need to realize that he is only a defensive player and the rest is all gravy
    15. This is not Martin we have been watching this year, but Yogi Berra wearing a mask, trying to make a comeback.
    16. He is saving himself for comeback player of the year in 2010

10. roger Dodger says:

In the end, he is still one of the most popular Dodgers for the fans

11. roger Dodger says:

Mark, is the president of the Russell Martin fan club.

Because the rest of the team is in a slump. We now live with a guy that is 16th on the team with a slugging avereage of .294.
    and his on base percentage is 10th on the team with .359,
    and 14th in batting avereage at .249

But maybe he will get the winning hit tonight in Texas.

Wow! I looked and IN ALL OD MLB, Russell Martin is #2 in OB% for Catchers (for those who are eligible with 3.1 AB's per game).

He can't hit, but he can get on base. Only Victor Martinez is better.

Did I mention that he also has the Lowest Catcher ERA in ALL OF BASEBALL?

You've got to do better than that!

Cory Wade should have drilled Jones.

You NEVER pitch to a guy in that situation.

VERY BAD DECISION!

Martin does look awful at bat right now. That I can't disagree with.

You might strike Martin out on that pitch, but you won't strike the Bison out on that pitch!

Why is he hitting #9?

So he can hit a 2-Run Homer!

My grandmother could have hit that pitch that Martin took for CALLED strike three. Yes, my grandmother. Ned might want to consider her, but she has been in the grave since 1963.

Tell you what Mark, this is my last post on Martin — you have such a problem with any one talking about him — it is not worth it. I cannot compare him with other catcher, because catching is in a real drought in major league baseball right now.

Martin is a Dodger. And we expect more out of a guy that is stinking up the place this year with his bat. He had several good years, but now is embarrassing himself.

Right now, without Manny, this team is built for a total team output. Singles, doubles, triples, walks, stolen bases, and a HR once an awhile. We need Martin now. In June he is 3 for 28, all singles, 0 (zero) RBIs. In the eight games in June he is hitless in 6 of them. Also tonight, he is 0 for 3 so far.

That is it for me on Martin.

18. CaptainLoose says:

Anything wrong with Wolf? He only threw 67 pitches and he is gone after 5. Why come?

I will worry about Martin when it is August and and he is still hitting under .250. Until then, he is my regular catcher with time off for batting cage work.

We need to keep finding ways to win when the team is not hitting. I have confidence we will.

19. mark says:

Martin is among the best of the bad. I agree with that. His hitting is absolutely awful.

Badger,

Wolf came out because there was an almost 2 hour game delay de to light out.

20. mark says:

Lights out.

21. CaptainLoose says:

Oh.

Well, the pen didn't need that. 4 more innings to their credit. It sure would be nice to see an 85 pitch complete game.

In the end, he is the Catcher of the Team With The Lowest ERA in All Of Baseball.

If I am the catcher, they aren't there. If you are the catcher, they aren't there.

Would they be there if AJ Ellis or Bard Ausmus were the catcher?

How do you quantify that?

23. grumpy3b says:

right now at the plate Martin is making Steve Yeager look like Rod Carew.

Wow! I looked and IN ALL OF MLB, Russell Martin is #2 in OB% for Catchers (for those who are eligible with 3.1 AB's per game).

He can't hit, but he can get on base. Only Victor Martinez is better.

Did I mention that he also has the Lowest Catcher ERA in ALL OF BASEBALL?

You've got to do better than that to get me!

I haven't looked, but I wonder (beyond McCann) how many NL Catchers have an OB% over .359? Shoot, how many Major League Catchers have an OB% over .359%?

… and this is a horrible year for Martin.

26. CaptainLoose says:

I too blame McCourt.

Well, he and Jed share the blame. Signing that fat piece of crap after the Braves let him go was one of the dumbest moves I have ever seen.