Eric Milton Tries To Remain Perfect

Eric Milton Tries To Remain Perfect

Game Time – June 5, 2009

He’s 2-0.  That’s pretty perfect isn’t it?

Tonight’s lineup yields no surprises:

1. Pierre, LF
  2. Furcal, SS

Juan Pierre ready for batting practice - www.LAdodgerTalk.com

Juan Pierre ready for batting practice - www.LAdodgerTalk.com

3. Hudson, 2B
  4. Blake, 3B
  5. Loney, 1B
  6. Martin, C
  7. Ethier, RF
  8. Kemp, CF
  9. Milton, P

P.S.  Thanks for your input, everyone.  No major changes will be made that will affect your ability to interact here.

15 Responses to “Eric Milton Tries To Remain Perfect”

1. Jim says:

Furcal & Martin should be hitting 7-8, with Eithier in 6th hole. Put the weak guys down at the bottom of the order, so we can start scoring again, instead of having rallies run into these no production guys.

I would much rather see Kemp's speed and power exploited near the top of the lineup, preferably 2 or 3. I also wouldn't mind seeing him hitting in the middle of the order. For the present Furcal should be hitting 8th. It might encourage him to stop swinging so hard, and hopefully get him to lay off the high pitches. He can be moved back to the top of the lineup, if begins to produce.

3. Blue Haze says:

Way to go Mark, I do sense your sincerity. We all seem to like the site, without an abundance of glitz and glitter. Some of the new stuff is cool, but not as cool was the feeling this site possessed for so long.

I am glad to see Hudson back in there, he must be the heart and soul of the team. Even when Manny comes back, I don't think he displaces Hudson in the clubhouse.

Isn't it fun being the best team in baseball, for a change? It has been way to long since the Dodgers were on top. I have to tip my cap to the McCourts for getting the ship righted.

As far as the website goes, I like the feeling of Dodger fanatics discussing things with each other rather than feelng I am reading an article from a fishhack. I like Tony and his blogs, but I don't need a sports column as much as I would rather have a discussion on the topics at hand. Sports columns are a dime a dozen, good baseball discussion is Priceless (sounds like a commercial, huh?).

4. CaptainLoose says:

I sort of agree with Jim regarding the lineup. I would put Furcal 7th, Blake 8th (where he flourished) with Hudson, Loney, Kemp, Ethier, Martin in the middle. I think Kemp at 4 surrounded by two good LH hitters is a fairly safe bet. As long as he knows he is not being put there to hit home runs, that lineup to me represents the possibility for the most production. He has only hit 4th a few games and though his splits do suggest the lower he hits the better he hits, I think he could grow into the 4th spot in the order. He is the strongest hitter in our lineup.

Matt will be in the cleanup role someday but not until he learns to make pichers pitch to him. As long as he keeps swinging at balls bounced up there instead of waiting for his pitch, it will be status quo. And yes Haze, it feels real good to become an elite team again. It's been a long time coming.

Bonehead move by Pierre. I love the aggresivness but tagging in the 1st inning on a foul out is not the way to go. Especially when he could steal 3rd off Moyer/Ruiz. C'mon Juan.

Blue Haze got it right. I like this site as a blog. Not a sports column. Hey can someone fill me in on how the whole "Tony Jackson wants to get paid" conversation started?

I started it so that everyone would know what the deal was. Open disclosure. Transparency. The government should try it!

8. CaptainLoose says:

"The government should try it!"

I don't think that would be a good idea. Not for a while anyway.

Kemp is hitting over .300 with a .374 OBP. He is on pace to knock in around 90 and that is hitting lower in the order. He may be more ready for the clean-up spot than we figure. In this line-up, it really doesn't matter all that much who hits where in the middle of the order. The idea is to get the runs in. Ideally we want Furcal up there somewhere, but until he starts hitting again, we need better on base guys at the top.

9. CaptainLoose says:

Just checked the box – and we are 2 for 18 against Jamie Moyer. Jamie Moyer. His ERA is nearly 7. The rest of the league is hitting over .300 against him.

I think somebody has gotten to the Dodgers water supply.

Mark. I think you should look into this.

10. BillRussell says:

Tonight is a perfect example that it's not the outstanding pitching performances going against the Dodger hitters, it's the lack of hitting right now. Everyone appears to be pressing. Jamie Lawn Moyer is making the Dodgers look silly.

11. BillRussell says:

We should be able to match up with this Philly team right now at home. Victoreno is out, Rollins is slumping Werth is playing center field , Ibanez in Left with ? in right. Why can we not beat this team?

12. lawdog says:

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH–JUST CALL ON SOFTIE!

Fantastic finish for Andre and the Dogs tonight. After that cannon shot to right with the game on the line call him softie no more. From now on, it's Mr. Clutch!

Ethier has been looking better lately, and hopefully tonight's hit helps him relax and get going. SOFT is good.

As for Kemp hitting higher in the lineup. Someone please correct me if my memory is a bit hazy, but I do recall that when he played in 2007, he hit a lot in the third spot. Hit .342 that year in 292 ABs.

14. BillRussell says:

The Foundation, Loney and Ethier. Martin choked. Great come back

15. CaptainLoose says:

Four year splits – Kemp is hitting .350 from the 3 and 4 hole combined.

I think he could handle moving up in the order.

I also think I know why Torre moved Blake up to the clean-up spot. But, really, over the course of the entire year, who is going to hit for a higher average, have more home runs and more rbi's – Kemp or Blake?

6 for 31 last night – and we got a win. That's hanging in there.