Joe Shakes It Up A Little!

Joe Shakes It Up A Little!

Lineup:

1. Pierre, LF
  2. Furcal, SS
  3. Hudson, 2B
  4. Martin, C
  5. Loney, 1B
  6. Kemp, CF
  7. Loretta, 3B
  8. Hoffmann, RF
  9. Milton, P

mark-office

I’m watching back home in what my wife call my “mancave!”

23 Responses to “Joe Shakes It Up A Little!”

Since Stults has been DL'd, and Schlicting called up, it's clear there has to be another player move tomorrow when Kuroda is activated. Any idea what it is? The guess is that A.J. Ellis will be headed back to ABQ, unless someone else is headed for the DL (Wade?????).

Mark

You need a Man TV in a Man Cave!

Loney, Lindblum & Leach for Gonzalez (SD)

Marshall has already been told that he will no longer start the Cubs when Harden comes back. Here is hoping that he is upset and pitches poorly tonight and is not motivated to prove Pinnella wrong. http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2074

Ken,

I have one at my other office that I seldom use, but I plan to have a 42" flat panel there soon. You just to do it a step at a time to appease the wife.

I actually have 3 TV's in my ManCave. The one by the desk, a 30' across the room and a 19" in the bathroom.

• Ken says:

TMI

Did you notice that as of today over 60% of the Dodger pitcher's salaries are for guys on the DL or no longer with the Dodgers?

• grumpy3b says:

ahhhh…tv in the throne room!! Don't you hate it when your legs fall asleep while watching the game? Bugs me no end. ;)

Broklyn,

It could be Casey Blake who has been nursing a leg issue.

Or AJ Ellis.

Or Raffy?

Or Jeff Weaver back to AAA?

Brooklyn,

It could be Casey Blake who has been nursing a leg issue.

Or AJ Ellis.

Or Raffy?

Or Jeff Weaver back to AAA?

Ken you continue to impress me. You come up with the most interesting stats.

Nice pic Mark. My kind of cave, a place you can put your feet up and get involved in the games.

Blake with leg issues huh? Who would have ever suspected the foundation might have a crack in it. If he goes down now, does he have enough ab's to cost me 100?

Jon Miller just said that the Dodgers team OB% is .370 and that the Giants don't have a player with a .370 OB%!

Get back Loretta!

The Dodgers are stone-cold killers in the first inning.

This break out of the hitters is because . . . Mark left Chicago . . .

Boy, I hope that Milton can go a strong 5 or 6 or 7 innings.

On MLB channel, they have the video package of the blasts and gloves of the season in like two minutes deal. I am wondering why our Dodgers cannot hit those long fly balls more often.

What a block of the plate by Martin!!!

You wanted more HR from Kemp?

Be careful what you ask for….

Mark, I just checked with Lou, he is send a jet to pick you up. They will parachute you on the field. Lou figures the Cubs will win then. So got in the head, and do not answer the door. Go ahead and take your computer in with you.

Mark

I agree with your predictions re Hoffmann. He is good. I was joking a few days ago re platooning with either. He is a legit #4 and can spell all 3 OFs.

Too bad for Repko.

Go Milton.

Is Kershaw really in the Pen now for a few weeks??????

Joe says he is. They don't want to wear him out so early in his career. Very smart, I think.

Matt might be reading this, so I hope that I gave him the good karma. Juan made a fantastic defensive play off the ivy. Why do managers always go one inning too long with a starter when he already gave you everything you asked for? This was and is a big game. Sweet dreams on the all-nighter back home with your mojo back or pushing the panic button. Thank you, to all of you for making this site the best in the Milky Way but especially thanks for being a Dodger fan, you are my kind of people.

Oh yeah, I am doing my Harry Carry impersonation tonight. I am enjoying a few buds in my friendly confines.

19. lawdog says:

Not all managers go a bridge too far. Just Torre, Grade and Tracy.

I think given the score, and the fact that the Dodgers are in the midst of a long stretch w/o a day off, Torre was trying to go as long with Milton as possible in order to stay out of the pen. I don't think he wanted to end up bringing in three relief pitchers to finish out the game. Most likely he would have preferred that the lead was expanded to 10 or more runs, and bring in Schlichting for his first MLB appearance.

Chances are that Milton would have gotten out of the 6th inning unscathed had Raffy made the play on the ball hit up the middle. Failing to make that play (not easy by any means) almost opened the floodgates.

What a catch and throw by Hoffman!!!!