Breaking News – Jason Schmidt Pitches Seven Innings!

Breaking News – Jason Schmidt Pitches Seven Innings!

Jason Schmidt pitched 7 strong innings for the Inland Empire 66′ers on Sunday.

His Line:

• 7 IP
  • 5 Hits
  • 2 ER
  • 3 BB
  • 6 K’s
  • ERA 2.25

jschmidtNo word yet on his velocity…

11 Responses to “Breaking News – Jason Schmidt Pitches Seven Innings!”

1. I Miss The 51's says:

That’s encouraging…. but he still scares me.

2. Penos Cabell says:

I won’t hold my breath.

7 innings is encouraging.

But, against Single A hitters? How many innings does that translate to at AA?

Then after that…….

I am with Mr. Cabell on this one. Show me 7 innings against some good competition and I will be hopeful.

4. lawdog says:

Hey Mover! You really nailed that Raphy article!

Are you sure you didn’t accidently find it in a stack of stuff Tony was going to send in to the Daily News before the unthinkable happened?

Or did the fact you brought in two professional writers in Miguel and Tony rub off on you and bring your posting skills to this new higher level?

The article is as professionally done as anything I’ve read anywhere.

I think Raphy, who always played giving 110% is now, unbeknownst to himself, trying to give 110% but is really giving 150%. He’s getting paid a truckload of money by the Dodgers, (after not really earning the first big contract they gave him), and he wants to produce at the level he showed us when he injured his back. He needs to back it off a little and find his groove–just like a fastball pitcher who’s been overthrowing his pitches.

I don’t think there is anything structurally wrong with his back now or we wouldn’t be seeing him still performing the impossible plays from time to time. He needs to get the team physician to give him a script for Xanex. If he pops one of those babies half an hour before game time, he’ll be back to 110% by the time the game actually starts.

Maybe we should hire a team psychiatrist.

O-Rod is the reason we’re in first place. He’s playing at the same level Raphy played last year before his back injury. I never would haver expected that in view of the severity of the injury he’s coming back from, but hey! He’s got the back this team will ride to the playoffs.

Don’t count on anything from Messerschmidt and you won’t be disapointed.

I just flew home, kicked my heals together, from a business trip in windy Chicago and thought that I had landed in Kansas but I do not recognize this place.

Weisman is drumming up support for Pierre to be an allstar!

There is a new Wizard who has his own section. (I would love to see him write a certain nonfiction book!!)

After all of the turmoil the Dodgers have grit and are still the best team in Baseball. No tin men in lalala land.

I see Toto is still writing here and there is no spell checker so maybe I have found the right place.

6. Mark Timmons says:

Welcome back, Ken. I thought you had been abducted by aliens.

You came to Chi-town and you didn’t stop in?

7. Mark Timmons says:

Hey, while we are at it, Jon Weisman gave this blog a nice shout out and I talked to Diamond Leung today who told me he has followed this blog for over 2 years.

WOW! I almost don’t know what to say….

Hey Mark,
    Any chance Diamond Leung may start adding some Bloggage here? This place may be the only place for Dodger news.

Also Can we have a fans corner or place where the regulars still have a ring for fighting on a daily topic. Things like our Blake vs LaRoche debate? I’m not sure how that would work without a topic each day. That’s the only thing I miss about the old site. The daily jabs with Badger, Romo, Lawdog, Ken’s insite, Harold quitting and then posting more then ever before and the ejection of Mario from the site. Blue Haze and Badger drawing a line in the sand only to become friends. This site is getting too big for the daily head knocking. 8) Go Wolf

9. lawdog says:

I agree. We need a daily thread to go with the others just so we can take shots at each other,

Yeah, I miss that too. Bill is kicking my ass in the LaBlake sweepstakes and he can’t even rub it in without it looking out of place.

Wait a minute. That actually works in my favor doesn’t it.

I was hoping to see the game tonight, but alas, only Twins/Spankees and the Dbacks on here.

Climbed Mt. Humphreys Saturday – 12,640 ft. Like anybody here gives a hoot.

I am not at all surprised to hear the real writers are getting some insight here. I have seen lots of what I wrote here show up in the papers.

Wait a minute. That was in my own head. Never mind.

11. Mark Timmons says:

Billy,

There is a chance we could see Diamond Notes here.

This site is about peace and love and if you don’t respect that, I’ll beat the hell out of you…

:smile: