Roster Locks

camelbackranch-2009-0062Before we address the roster, it is being reported from various sources that Pedro Martinez is hitting the low 90′s with his fastball and that he wants to play for the Dodgers.  Uh,  OK!

Barring injury or trades, we have just 20 roster spots that are filled.  They are:

1. James Loney
  15. Clayton Kershaw
  16. James McDonald
  17. Hong-chih Kuo
  18. Guillermo Mota
  19. Cory Wade
  20. Jonathan Broxton

That leaves five spots open.  Now, if Jason Schmidt is healthy he will be the 21st player and then there are 10 players for the  4 spots.  They are:

• Juan Castro  (Wow! Inside track?)
  • Blake DeWitt (slipping)
  • Chin-lung Hu (over .300 with a glove)
  • Doug Mientkiewicz (down to .143 – he might be playing himself off the roster)
  • Eric Milton (3.59 Spring ERA)
  • Tanyon Sturtze (2.70 ERA, but chances are slim and none)
  • Ramon Tronsoso (60-40)
  • Claudio Vargas (Major league contract)
  • Jeff Weaver  (looking good, for now)
  • Delwyn Young  (I don’t see how)

Repko, Paul  and Jones?  No way!  Paul could be a factor after a trade of Pierre….

Did I leave anyone out?  I think that’s it, but tell me if you think someone else might be worthy.   I really doubt that anyone else has a shot (barring trade or injury).  Pick the 4 you think will make it.

Yesterdays Game Notes:

• Matt Kemp hit a 2-run bomb over the CF fence (his 2nd of the spring)

• Kuroda looked ready for anybody (6 K’s in 3-2/3 innings) – I told you Kuroda was going to be better this year.

• Casey Blake is hot and I think he might just have his “career year” this year.

• Read Ken Gurnick’s article on Orlando Hudson and you may conclude that he will never be the player he once was.

96 Responses to “Roster Locks”

1. ken says:

5 up to 25
    Schmidt – Starter
    Milton(+40) – We need 3 long relievers until further notice
    Weaver
    Castro (+40) – Hoped that Mr. Scrabble could still hit
    Hu

4 down to 38 (Will any of these guys make it through waivers and to Albuquerque?)
    Ardoin – Out of Options
    Young – Out of Options
    Stults – Out of Options
    Vargas – Out of Options

Pedro – Take a look

It’s difficult to make decisions based on what players we have now. We will continue to look around and see who becomes available as the Spring progresses.

Weaver Milton Vargas could be our 5th starter as well as our long relievers. I don’t like that scenario but I don’t know that any of them could give a quality start. Not now anyway. Things could change in the next month.

Come on Schmidt.

I am not the least bit concerned about Mintcaveitch’s low average. He’s a veteran and a solid .275 hitter and knows how to bring it around. But as we stand right now, we need defense all over the field AND the ability to score 5+ every night. DeWitt needs 4-5 at bats a day so he will likely begin at AAA. I sure would like to see Hu hit the ball with authority as he is the guy I prefer because of his middle infield glove. Loretta can play 1b, though it’s not really his best position. Blake can play there too, giving Loney a rest against tough LH pitchers then it would be RH 3rd baseman in relief – Hu, not Mientkiewicz.

It’s just too confusing for me right now, that is why I say we will be be keeping an eye open for that extra arm and veteran presence off the bench. A guy like Nomar looks pretty good to me right now. Any out there?

3. Harold says:

I expect Elbert will start at AAA.

4. troyfromwv says:

I’d wouldn’t call McDonald a 100% lock just yet.

5. Anonymous says:

I think they want to convert Elbert back to starting, so he will probably go down. In fact, he could start at AA and move quickly to AAA. I think the ball flies out of Albaquacky.

6. Harold says:

Not too much chance Pedro will play in LA even though the Mets aren’t interested in him.

He apparently wants a contract similar to the one John Smoltz signed with Boston.$5M or something like that with incentives up to another $5M. Dodgers won’t pay that for Pedro and neither would I. Pedro says if can only get a $1M deal he will spend the time on his fishing boat. So, it is about the money and not for the love of the game.

GO DODGERS!!

7. mark says:

Troy,

Tell Joe Beimel that if he’ll take $1.5 for a year, Ned will sign him.

Tell him to hurry!

What is Beimel thinking? Did he cut his brain on a glass this time? He is almost a month late to anyones camp and he is holding out for the $$ he thinks he deserves?

Too bad we wont get another shot to see Pedro pitch for the DR. He looked ok, but like many others have said he would have to show more than 1 good outing against the Netherlands to lock up a contract. That said I still sign him to a 1 year deal around $5 million. Then sell Pedro “jerry-curl” wigs next to the Manny wigs! :)

I agree with Troy that McDonald isn’t a lock on the 25 man roster unless he’s penciled in for the #5 spot.
    Beimel will pitch for $1.5 and donate 1 mil towards Franks youth baseball fields. NOT

Pedro doesn’t have anything left for the dance. If he’s throwing high 90′s then sign him up. If Pedro wants 5 mil + to play, I’d rather give McDonald or Milton a shot at the rotation.

I see Kemp has two dongs in the spring. If he can take those two with him into the regular season he may end up with 22. RUSSELL OUT

10. Harold says:

Bill, I hope RUSSELL OUT is your 10-4 and doesn’t mean Russell Martin is out.

GO DODGERS!!

Sorry about that Harold, I watched American Idol last night.

12. mark says:

McDonald has had a couple of good outings and a couple of bad outings, but the pitching coaches have him working on some off-speed stuff. I think he would have to have a major implosion not to make it, however it is possible. His performance will dictate…

13. mark says:

Ken,

The Dodgers would try and find a MLB team for Stults and Young if anyone wanted them…

14. Roger says:

On McDonald, Mark and I saw his good and not-so-good outtings last week.

On a guy like that, still learning new pitches and re-fining others —– I would send him down for a few starts to work on them in AAA or AA, and then bring him up.

The worst thing is to have him “spill the beans” and have a real mess to clean up — and it could really effect him.

Also Mark, I am not sure that Kuo and Wade are ready for prime time yet.

15. mark says:

According to the “sources close to the team” both are being brought along slowly. Kuo because of his elbow problem last year and Wade due to a cortizone injection in Mid-February. I saw both throw at Camelback. Wade was throwing like normal off a mound and Kuo was long-tossing. Both are being counted on to be ready for the bell, but you never know – that’s why we so many pitchers in camp.

16. mark says:

On March 9th Tony Jackson wrote this:

“Hong-Chih Kuo pitched one inning in a B game against the White Sox this morning, his first actual game appearance of the spring, and did really well. Threw 12 pitches, eight strikes, never hit 90 mph but was consistently in the high 80s. Threw all fastballs and sinkers with one curveball, which was 72.”

17. mark says:

On the 8th, he wrote this about Wade:

“Cory Wade will pitch live batting practice today and go from there, but he said the tentative plan is for to make his Cactus League debut on Friday or Saturday.”

I think that Torre will go with 12 pitchers so as to lighten the load early in the season and keep Kuo and Wade at just 1 inning. The Dodgers want McDonald to start the season as the long-guy, who can pitch 2 or 3 innings and keep Wade, Kuo and Brox at 1 inning each. Kuo probably won’t pitch on back-to-back days.

18. Roger says:

Looks to me like Kuo and Wade will not be major league ready when the bell rings. That is okay. We need them in Aug and Sept to be full boar. Let other mop up in April and even May as they get ready.

Joe is not stupid. He knows they are both on the mend and will not rush them.

Manny should play tomorrow.

19. ken says:

Perhaps Ned’s best work this spring (PMS) will be to make some trades of 40-man roster players for propects so that the Dodgers do not have to DFA’d any of the 40-man players. It is a good problem when the 40 man roster cuts are a major issue. Depth is usually a good sign for the upcoming season.

Mark

Can NRI players be traded or do they have to be added to the 40-man first?

20. mark says:

Ken,

Most teams know who is going to be DFA’ed. For example, if Young and Stults were to be DFA’ed, who would want to give up any player for them when you could get them for free? Justin Orenduff was DFA’ed but to my knowledge, no one has put in a claim on him. Stults and Young may or may not slip through, but it’s highly unlikely you can trade either one.

Players that are non-roster invitees could bolt if they don’t have a contract, but in the case of Juan Castro for example, that date is June 15th, I believe. In other words, the Dodgers could send him down and control him until June 15th, or they could sell or trade his contract…

21. My 4, after Schmidt, are:

Hu
    Mientkiewicz
    Milton
    Weaver

They will make the cut barring injury, trade, or complete meltdowns.

I agree with Ken in that Colletti has not even begun to earn his paycheck. He has a busy season ahead of him as we have some valuable assets to deal, interesting contract restructures to deal with (Pierre), and of course the standard ups and downs of the season will dictate additional needs for the team.

Will Hudson play up to par? Who will get injured (there’s always somebody)? Will Schmidt make the rotation? Can Kuo play a full season without getting hurt? Will all the young pitchers have “growing pains” similar to Kershaw early last year?

22. Voldomer says:

How about this: Loretta in a deal to the Yanks for Damaso Marte?

Loretta trades a bench role for a starting gig (until A-Rod returns, and he would have to approve the deal), and LA gets a veteran LH reliever. Castro and Mientkiewicz make the roster as IF subs, and DY stays as the chief pinch hitter. If the worst happens and both Furcal and Hudson go down in the same game, Blake shifts to 2B and either Mientkiewicz or Martin plays 3B until DeWitt arrives from AAA.

23. mark says:

The Dodgers can’t trade Loretta until June 15th, without his permission and I doubt he would give his permission unless someone greases his palm.

How about we send Loretta AND Pierre (pay Loretta $500K) to the Yanks, along with $5 million for anything?

24. Voldomer says:

He’s on a one-year deal, and to be a starter for 6+ weeks in NY, I would think he would have to consider it.

Loretta is very valuable to this team. I think he was a great pick-up for us as he can play anywhere and hit .280. I say we keep him. Offer them Mientkiewicz. He is a 3rd baseman, they only need a guy for a couple of months, and looking at his recent history, that appears to be all he is good for.

26. Harold says:

Mientkiewicz is a non roster invitee, I think. Is he tradeable? I expect Loretta likes where he is and will get considerable play time. We all hold our breath that Raffy and O-Dog hold together. If they do, they both will get a day off a week, at least. However, Loretta was brought in before Hudson so may be expendable. It would be his call if actually there was interest in him by the Yankees. Six weeks full time would be enticing.

GO DODGERS!!

27. mark says:

Doug Mientkiewicz has played a total of 70 games at 3B in the major leagues.

Mark Loretta has played 217.

I am not sure the Yanks would want Doug Mientkiewicz to play 3B.

Mark Teixeira has 100 games at 3B, maybe he’s go there, naw!

Also, it’s possible that A-Rod will not come back this year or will have to DH when he does. Loretta is the better option for us. Like Badger, I think Loretta is a very valuable option for us, as he can play all 4 Infield Positions and is RH – Doug Mientkiewicz and Blake DeWitt are LH. We are better balanced with a LH and RH spare IF!

I think Loretta will want some extra jack (and get it) to waive his trade clause, but if the Yanks really want him then maybe we could get them to take Pierre off our hands.

Make them take Pierre with Loretta and we will take back Johnny Damon ($13 mil/2009 only). Damon would be a nice #4 and we’d be done with him after this year.

Just an idea…

I just don’t see how trading our best base stealing .300 hitter and our insurance for two guys who are coming off surgery is a good idea. What? to help out the Yankees? Screw that.

Why would the Yankees let go of Damon? He is their starting LFer and a .300 hitter.

We don’t need to “dump” Pierre’s salary. The Dodgers are at less than $100 million right now, own their own stadium and will draw 3.5 million to the park. We can afford to have Pierre as our 4th outfielder. If somebody needs that kind of player, they can make us an offer.

You are right about Mintcaveitch Harold. If we don’t keep him, he could go anywhere he wants. I think the Yankees can do better than him as a sub for ARod. They’ll figure something out. They always do.

But we are going to need Loretta.

29. mark says:

Get back, get back.
    Get back to where you once belonged
    Get back, get back.
    Get back to where you once belonged.
    Get back Loretta. Go home
    Get back, get back.
    Get back to where you once belonged
    Get back, get back.
    Get back to where you once belonged.
    Get back Loretta

Your mother’s waiting for you
    Wearing her high-heel shoes
    And her low-neck sweater
    Get on home Loretta

Those lyrics always puzzled me.

And what do these mean:

“Sweet Loretta Martin thought she was a woman
    But she was another man”

Sounds like Loretta was conflicted.

31. Roger says:

I kept asking Dodger fans at Spring Training a question, and no one was able to answer it:

“Is Loretta a man’s name or a woman’s name?”

32. mark says:

I told him to ask Mark Loretta that…

He may have gotten something worse then a skined knee.

You gotta love the “Red Sox Nation”. What a bunch of bitter bastards. Papelbon is taking the torch of Schilling by running his mouth every oportunity he gets. Why are they still talking about Manny? I swear all I think about when they do this over and over is it is like listening to a guy that got divorced and can’t stop talking about the ex.
    Manny is gone, Chowderheads! Let it go! Plus it appears he was never really that into you!

I like Marks idea of trading Loretta and Pierre for Damon. That move makes alot of sense for us however I don’t know if the Yankees want to be saddled with a bad contract for longer than they have to be.

I like Plaschke’s article about bringing Pedro back in todays paper. I think it would be nice to get Pedro back in blue. Come crunch time (October) I think he would be a plus.

Peace,
    Get back Jo-Jo!

35. mark says:

Roger and I were accosted by some Red Sox fans about Manny in the hotel parking lot in Arizona. If it weren’t for Roger, I may have met an untimely demise!

36. lawdog says:

I always assumed Loretta was related somehow to George Martin who was quite close to the Fab 4 before he died young. The lyrics had me assuming she was an an aggressive bull dyke: “All the girls around her say she’s got it commin’, but she get’s it while she can.”

Cross reference to “Happiness is a warm gun “. Probably the same frien d. The white album and “Let it Be” featured a lot of stuff the Beatles wrote about their friends at the Maharishi’s retreat in India. They had lots of music that was short on lyrics at that time. E.g. A song asking Mia Farrow’s sister to come out and “play”. “Let it Be” also featured the 5th Beatle, Billy Preston on the keyboard. Really magical stuff. It’s hard to believe that wrote all the great albums from Revolver through Abbey Road in about 18 months. Really sad they never put anything out after they called it quits at the end of the 60s.

37. mark says:

Today’s Lineup:

1. Furcal SS
    2. Hudson 2B
    3. Ramirez DH
    4. Ethier RF
    5. Martin C
    6. Loney 1B
    7. Blake 3B
    8. Kemp CF
    9. Pierre LF

Wolf on the mound.

Not a bad lineup. Let’s enact that DH for the NL RIGHT NOW, and give Manny another 2 years at $55 million!

Boston is bitter because Manny decided he had had enough there and wanted out. Without him, they likely wouldn’t have had any Championships. It’s Boston. The fans there are extremely self centered.

Ramirez AND Pierre in the same lineup. That should be interesting.

There are just no bands like the Beatles anymore. It really is amazing that so much music, that stands up all these years, later was written in such a short span of time. Loretta Martin may have been George Martin. As I remember Martin was gay wasn’t he? That would make sense if “…(she) thought she was a woman but she was another man…”

Anyhow back to our Dodgers,
    I knew Manny would DH today. No reason to rush 36 yr. old legs into fielding, and besides showcasing Pierre is always good.

40. Slo Dawg says:

Basically from an offensive stand point we are replacing Wolf’s bat with Pierre’s bat. Not so sure that’s a good thing!!

I thought we hit Wolf in the 2 hole when he pitched?

42. jerry says:

to bad we only have to talk about if someone name sounds like a girl. pretty bad dodger talk.he still play better than all you want to be.s

43. Monsta Troll says:

Hey Dad, some of your Dodger colleagues on here seem to be wearing there Blue tinted glasses. Yeah, Boston fans are bitter but I am sure Dodger fans would be too if the roles were reversed. I’m over Manny, but if players in the clubhouse want to vent their opinion of something that THEY went through, then more power to them.

And this just in: Manny misses spring training debut because of a ham-string. LMAO, what a surprise.

Love you Dad.

44. mark says:

Monsta Troll,

Did you see Wylie’s picture?

I should point out that Monsta Troll is my son-in-law (son-outlaw?) and a RedSox fan. I shall try brainwashing…

45. Monsta Troll says:

I wonder if you also found the irony of a future Red Sock fan, putting on a Dodgers uniform.

Looks like your trip went well….

46. Blue Haze says:

You obviously didn’t raise your daughter correctly. Red Sox of all things, I guess it could be worse, he could be a Giants’ fan.

47. mark says:

Monsta Troll,

Before I went to Arizona, she told me that she was secretly a Dodgers’ fans and didn’t want to break your heart until she was 18.

Monsta troll,

Get over it. Manny is gone. Let it go. Besides Boston notoriously piles on their superstars & runs them out of town. Nomar, Mo Vaghn, Lowe, Pedro, Clemens, Boggs, Manny,etc ,etc. I am sure in a few years we will hear “Pedroia is a jerk and we never needed him anyway.”

I have never seen a town turn on their stars faster. Remember they disliked Ted Williams! Ted Freaking Williams.

It is old Red Sox Nation, the 4 letter network ran your team into the ground and the rest of the country is sick of hearing about you alleged rivilary. Thank God for the MLB Network so I can see baseball left of the Mississippi! Getting owned by a team for 80+ years is not a rivalry it is an ass kicking. Now you have as many championships as the Marlins in the past 90 years. I am sure Marlins Nation is glad to have the company. Congrats.

Also it is funny how all these Red Sox fans came out of no where. Funny how it coincided with Braves fan and Yankee fans shrinking in numbers.

Please don’t take this as an attack on Monsta troll. I am just sick of hearing about east coast baseball all the time. There is baseball outside of New York and Boston.

50. lawdog says:

Actually, Ted Williams was kind of an asshole even if he was one of the very best to ever play the game. Just ask any poor soul who played with him if you can find one still alive. Got worse as he got older. Maybe it was the war and dropping all those bombs on people that did something to him. I have a friend who’s father was a major league catcher and played for the Red Sox. He told me Williams was a prima donna who only respected someone who he thought was as good as he was.

Apparently, “the splendid splinter” was more of a “splendid sphincter”.

51. Monsta Troll says:

Mark… haha.

DROMO…. I could dispute that list you made but I don’t feel like typing Moby Dick on here. Let me just say that many of those names you listed were not run out of town. It’s called being a free-agent and others coughing up the cash. I’m not sure what you are talking about there.

But I can understand why you are sick of hearing about the Sox though.

52. Monsta Troll says:

53. Monsta Troll says:

Typo…. DRomo.

I would never attack you personally, Monsta Troll. I don’t think that is cool. I have thick skin too but I don’t think we should do that here.

I know many of the stars I listed left for free agency and $$greener$$ pastures but it always makes me laugh how that town always bad mouths guys when they leave more than anywhere else. Everyone knows that Williams was a cocky prick. Anyone who demands to be introduced as “the greatest hitter that ever lived” has serious self esteem issues.

55. mark says:

“And DROMA… you can attack me, I have thick skin… I used to live with Mark after all.”

What you talkin’ about, Meathead?

:smile:

56. ken says:

The Beatings Will Continue Until The Morale Improves
    That’s my policy!

57. ken says:

Mark

Is Troncoso still working on new pitches or was he a one year wonder?

58. Monsta Troll says:

Mark, of coarse you know I’m joking. I am forever in your debt. That is why I call you Dad because I know you would consider it an honor if I was your son.

DRomo, you bring up a good point, and I don’t know if it is the media in Boston or the FO that causes most of the backlash to players that leave, but some of those names you mentioned seem to be pulled from a hat. D-Lowe and Pedro left on good terms. Boston was even on Lowe’s list of places he wanted to play in the off-season. But do you really blame a little backlash for Manny?

And you miss quoted Ted Williams slightly. What he said was: “All I want out of life is to walk down the street and for people to say, ‘There goes Ted Williams, the greatest hitter to ever play’”.
    And if he isn’t, he is on a very short list.

It is nearly impossible to reach the top of baseball without an ego the size of Wyoming. Most of these guys wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire, so I cannot hold it against any players who think of themselves as the best. Especially when they arguably were.

The East Coast is the east coast. Anyone who has lived out west, then lived back there, knows what I am talking about.

Of course, if you went the other way you are going to think the other way. For example, Mark acutally likes Indianapolis better than San Francisco. Yeah, I know, weird, but, that’s local bias working for you.

Romey, your line about the Sox and Marlins having the same number of titles is classic.

And, Red “Sock” fan?

60. mark says:

Monsta Troll is from the East Coast but lived in SF for 4 or 5 years.

What’s your take, Troll?

Ken,

Troncoso is working on a new pitch, but it’s his sinker that’s not working. It’s just hanging there saying “Hit Me! Hit me!” He may have to gow down to AAA…

61. Blue Haze says:

That explains it.

Sinkers are supposed to say “hit me” – then they fall off the table. Troncoso’s has the hit me part down.

Dogs 6 for 21 with 21 TLOB against Korea.

Lakers on. Must watch. Clincher.

63. Roger says:

Who will be a back up infielder? Hu will be. He is on a hiting hot streak.

64. Roger says:

Hu is on second, third and shortstop. He is everywhere. Does anyone have his baseball card?

65. ken says:

Mark

I noticed that Stults and Ardoin are no longer on the 40-man roster per MLB.com.

Any news?

66. mark says:

I do kmnow that Scott Strickland and Travis Chick were sent to minor league camp, but on Stults and Ardion coming off the roster, I just know what you know.

Are you anywere near the flooding Mark?

68. mark says:

Gurgle,

Gurgle.

Glub!

Glub!

Badger,

No, it’s Northern Indiana. We are in Central Indiana and it is fine. The only thing we have happening is this:

It’s a shame – our Downtown Canal (Riverwalk) is beautiful:

69. bluechip says:

I’ve got to comment to the Beatle experts, You’re thinking about Brian Epstein, who was their manager & in the closet, who died young, not George Martin who was their one of a kind producer and arranger and is recently deceased or in his eighties, and Knighted by the Queen …..GO DODGERS

70. lawdog says:

Right you are Bluechip!

I thought Martin had also died at some point after Epstein but before the murder of John–but that was just a “senior moment”–an affliction that seems to plague me a little more frequently each passing day.

As for the identity of “Sweet Loretta Martin”–Epstein’s death is totally irrelevant in my wild guess that she was related in some fashion to the living or late George Martin.

Bluechipper? I thought all the Bluechippers had gone bankrupt or merged with some bank to avoid it’s own shadow.. You wouldn’t happen to know another Blue friend of mine who called himself Blue Fan would you? He’s been AWOL from the boards now for far too long. :mrgreen:

Good call bluechip.

Since you are one for one, step in the box again and hit this fastball -

where the Dogs going to find another starter?

No time to read mark, on the way to the movies. The Reader.

Glad to hear you are dry. Well, glad to hear your house is dry. What I mean is… forget it.

And, are you going to let that chin music I sent you fly by? You know, the one about S.F. and Indianapolis.

72. lawdog says:

I’m no Bluechipper.

You can call me Common Stock. :shock:

But I’d be surprised if we don’t make a low ball offer to Pedro Martinez and if there are enough incentives in the deal I think he’ll come for the chance to win another title–and play with Manny once again..

73. lawdog says:

Free Dodger Broadcast right now! Go to Dodger Home Page!!!

Thanks Ken,

Did that kid pay his monthly fee of $45 like the rest of us?

75. bluechip says:

Thanks Lawdog and Badger, no I dont know a Bluefan except for the face painters, and I’m really hoping to see Schmidt as the number 5 but wouldn’t mind seeing Pedro back (worse trade ever!)

76. Mark Timmons says:

Yeah, but when he was traded Tommy said that Dr. Jobe predicted his arms wouldn’t hold up because he was too frail. AND HE WAS RIGHT. Fifteen years later he had arm problems!

:simle:

77. Mark Timmons says:

Blufan (Bluphan) (BlueFan) (BluePhan), however you spell it, doesn’t like me…

Somebody doesn’t like you Mark? No way. Bluefan must have something wrong with him.

We are all hoping Schmidt is the guy. If he is, we should be in good shape. Just the same, I want Plan B.

Pedro with incentives is fine with me. If he could get 20 starts with some long relief work, I think I would be pleasantly surprised. 150 innings maybe? If he could do that, along with Schmidt’s 100 innings (?) that could do it. Who knows, maybe the two of them combined would be our 5th starter. Schmidt for 4, Pedro for 4, then Broxton.

79. Harold says:

Roger – I have six Hu cards.

Just Rookies 2003 #139
    Just Rookies 2003 #68
    Bowman Chrome 2004 #183
    Topps 2007 Rookie #23
    Topps 2007First Year #T121
    Bowman Heritage 2004 First Year #301

I get my Dodger cards from: http://www.sportlots.com

A great selection from numerous sellers with very good pricing.

GO DODGERS!!

80. Mark Timmons says:

Badger,

Yeah, I feel the same way. Everyone should like me…

or I’ll beat the hell out of ‘em!

:smile:

Hey Harold,
    You can make a great sound in some bicycle spooks with those Hu cards. I think that’s your greatest value and best use for them. Just my opinion. :mrgreen:

I can’t read through 81 posts so can someone tell me who doesn’t like Mark? Badger will beat the hell out of them if Blue Haze doesn’t get them first. :smile:

83. ken says:

Some kid who expects Mark to put up a new post every day

$45?

Hey, why didn’t I get the discount?

Just for the record, I could take Mark and he knows it. It would be easy really – I just sneak up behind him, kneecap him with my Worth High Performance C405 and run like hell. He would never catch me. He knows this is true.

Manny hitting 1.000. No where to go but down from here.

If you pay each month with Visa, Mark gives you a $5 discount.

86. mark says:

Billy,

I have watched Hu for a few years now and he has hit everywhere he has been, but not last year when he had the eye problem. He will probably not be an All-Star, but his glove is as good as anyone and I think he’ll hit .270+. His speed is above-average, but he’s not a big base-stealer (he might get 25). Still, he’s the kind of SS some teams need. He’s having a good spring and may have improved his trade value. His feet are quick and he is slick with the glove. He can play 2B and 3B, but has no value there. He has to play SS. If it were up to me, I would keep him over Castro.

87. mark says:

Oh, and get the money to the house!

88. mark says:

By the way, I currently have 486 subscribers to my RRS feed. Pretty cool for a hack at writing.

…and Badger, I may have a bad hip, but you have never seen me run…. especially when I have the opportunity to hurt someone.

:smile:

Mark, I was simply explaining to Harold the best value for Hu baseball cards. Did you read something else into that? And I paid my fee for March already, don’t try to scam me Mister.

90. mark says:

Hey guys,

I have a new idea. I own the domain http://www.ignorantsavages.com

I am thinking about making it a site where people can post photos or videos of stupid things that people do. See, when someone does something stupid, I call them an “Ignorant Savage.” Therefore, I thought ignorantsavages.com might be a hit. We could have the “Ignorant Savage of the Week,” etc.

Ideas?

91. mark says:

:smile: I’m wise to you, Billy…

I would post Howard K Stern’s mug shot on the new Ignorant Savage website. That should be a winning photo.

93. Mark Timmons says:

You are just jealous that he got with Anna N.

94. Roger says:

On Bluefan — When he used to post (on several of the older Dodger boards, like the LA Times) he was one of the top knowledgable Dodger fans. He would even post Dodger stories from around the country, and give the post site to logon.

I remember some years ago, he posted about the birth of a child. Wonder how old his child is now and if they have any more.

Bluefan, if you are out there — let us know.

Great Dodger fan.

95. Harold says:

Bill – I know the value of Hu’s cards. $.18 is what I paid for most. I wasn’t trying to impute any value to them, just answering Roger’s question.

I don’t collect cards for their monetary value. I collect them, Dodgers that is, because I enjoy it. None will ever be sold be me. They will go to our son Jamie who also collects.

Don’t remind me about cards in the spokes or tossing them against a wall. Seemed like fun in the fifities but not so funny now.

GO DODGERS!!