Ken Gurnick of Dodgers.com reports this:
“Nobody’s really talking about Manny that much,” said catcher Russell Martin. “Everybody is focusing on what they need to do. If we were closer to the start of the season, maybe it would be different. The bottom line is, either he signs or he doesn’t. Everything in the meantime is just wasted breath.”
I hope he signs, but we will just have to wait and see. According to Gurnick, Matt Kemp said this:
“I compare him to Kobe Bryant,” said Kemp. “He makes everybody around him better. Manny’s the Kobe Bryant of baseball. Of course we want him back and of course we need him. He’s a freak.”
So is his agent!
- Jason Isringhausen is in the Dodgers sights – One more pitcher never hurts.
- By the way, there is no way the Dodgers will sign Orlando Hudson – he will cost us the 17th pick – no way! I did not realize he was offered arbitration by the D-Backs, so that door is closed!
- Dylan Hernandez reports that Chin lung Hu’s eye problems are not completely over with.
- He also reports that Kuroda’s shoulder is pain-free for the first time in a year (Kuroda did strengthing exercises all winter and skipped the Wold Games to make sure it would be OK… and it is). That’s very good news.
- Andre Ethier’s arbitration hearing is today.
- Tony Jackson writes about the preplexing and talented Greg Miller. Is is Miller Time?