Posted on 03 October 2008.
In Game 1, James Loney stepped up and was the hero with 4 RBI’s in one swing of the bat! In Game 2, Russ Martin plated 3 runs with one swing of the bat to put us on top! Chad Billingsley threw BB”s and our defense was as stellar as the Cubs was suspect. In fact, all the the Cubs infielders made an error – what were they playing with , “frying pans?” Just think, we played most of the year without Furcal, Penny, Jones, Nomar and Schmidt – All former All-Stars and Pre-Season Pillars to our Success! Of course, Manny and Casey Blake played a big part of this teams success, but we are surely a different team with Rafael at SS and leading off. It’s not over – the fat lady is humming – let’s not forget that in 2001, an Oakland A’s team jumped out to a 2-0 lead over a team and then lost. Who was that team? None other than the Joe Torre Yankees!
RANTS & RAVES
- Speaking of Brad Penny, he may be re-joining the Dodgers according to Diamond Leung
- Rumor has it that Frank McCourt was the reason we signed Andruw Jones. It is said that he handled the negoitations with Jones agent. If so, that makes Ned safe after the season, no matter what happens,
- Just because Saito got knocked around is not a reason to worry, in itself - frequently closers don’t do well when they have such a big lead. However, last night Saito only threw a couple of pitches that reashed as high as 92. He is usually at 94 or 95. It was revealed that his amazing recovery was the results of a platlet/plasma injection in his elbow (Dylan Hernandez). Let’s hope it’s not the elbow cause of his drop in velocity.
- I am starting to believe in Curses – Poor Cubs Fans!
- Let’s hope Kuroda brings his “A-Game and we get out our brooms!
- These sure feel like Destiny’s Dodgers!