Clayton Kershaw now has a string of 12 scoreless innings to go with just 2 walks in his last 2 starts, after recording his 2nd win yesterday. He was removed after 5 shutout innings to keep his inning count down, but he was dominant and could have probably pitched a shutout. Scott Elbert followed with 3 more 1 hit innings. That’s a double dose of good news! Kershaw’s ERA now sits at 1.91! BOXSCORE He’ll probably get the call in the next week or so, as I think Mark Sweeney will be activated tonight to take Saito’s place from the DL (Sweeney? Don’t get me started – that’s a whole another issue!).
Alan Steele of the Press-Enterprise reported this:
Here’s what came out of closer Takashi Saito’s press conference on Thursday.
- He said he hasn’t considered retirement and expects to be back at the end of August.
- The 38-yearo-old also said Tommy John surgery was a possibility.
- He will visit his family in Japan for 10 days. He said he was told to just rest the arm and will not undergo any therapy or rehab while in Japan. He’ll be reevaluated when he returns.
Here’s a telling article from Diamond Leung of the Press-Enterprise who gets Frank McCourts feeling on the state of the Dodgers.
Pre-Trade Deadline Deals:
- Joe Blanton to the Phils for 3 prospects
- Tony Clark from the Padres to the Diamondbacks for a prospect
- Richies Sexson to the Yankees
More to follow….
RANTS & RAVES
Nearly every blogger and writer on this planet is coming out with The First Half Report Card. I am not! I think if you are a Dodger fan and need a first half report card, you are in need of some of Jimmy Buffett’s “Dumbass Vaccine.”